• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Where's the Love?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy IX' started by EbeneezerAl, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

There are so many people who hate this game. In fact it seems the most hated game of the main series (meaning of the non-sequel numbered titles, XI excluded). And I have trouble understanding why a game that has so many outstanding qualities can be so bad.

Each of the characters have interesting backstories, and they all grow and develop over time. The story, while simple at first, grows to become more and more deep and complex. Kuja, the villain, is a very layered character, and his motives are far from simplistic. The game has a beautiful mix of humor, sadness, joy, and solemn moments that few other games in the series has. And to top it all off, the nostalgia element of the game, the homage to past FF's is beautifully done. It is a tribute to it's predecessors while still being a game that stands on it's own.

Not to mention that Chocobo Hot and Cld is without a doubt one of the best sidequests of the series, in terms of fun and reward.

What were your thoughts. Did you enjoy it? If you're one of the many people who concider this to be the worst FF (there seem to be so many) then why? What about this game annoys you so much?

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I loved this game. At first the more cartoonish looking characters were a turnoff, but once I got past that, the game really hooked me. I dunno why people dislike this game so much. It reminds me more of the original FFs, and it had some clever references to some of the newer ones ("No cloud nor squall shall hinder us" I believe is one quote ^_^), as well. I thought the game was very well made. I wonder if the people who diss it have actually played it or not.

3. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

I know a lot of people that hate it for the lame reason of "I can't relate to a guy with a tail". How can you hate a game because the main character has a tail?

4. Riku

Riku New Member

I agreed

I agreed, why many people hate it?, the game not just only focus on two characters, it focus on all of them, the ones that I really like were Vivi's, Freya's and Eiko's (Man!, I loved that place where she lived).

5. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

I love the game, tho I wish it could go into more detail into Vivi's past, I would love to know more.
    Though, it could already go into a lot of detail because I haven't completed it 100%

6. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Based on what I could understand, Vivi is the original Black Mage. the prototype for Kuja's design. Though how he ended up not with Kuja I don't know. I was always curious about that.

Logic would assume that Vivi was made from a more concentrated amount of mist than others. It would describe his more independent personality, and perhaps, in some respect his being smaller and the fact that, unlike the others, he doesn't look sewn together.

One theory I've heard is that Vivi's children were actually made by Vivi, using the machine in Dali. He used the machine to make mages that were like him, and cleared the planet of the mist in the process.

7. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Vivi fell off the airship moving him. Then Quan caught him out of the air and decided to raise him.

8. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

And thats where my questions begin. Vivi - Quan - Quina's tribe etc.

9. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

I heard this game was awesome but i never got the chance to play it. I really need to get my hands on 1.

10. RoxasZ4

RoxasZ4 New Member

i think this would have to be one of my top favorite ff game it even had multiplayer on it. zidanie was the to cool a little monkey looking thief. i think this game has what it takes to be one of the greatest ff games.

11. ü

ü 30•05•2010

This thread is long dead,

#closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.