• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by EbeneezerAl, Jan 19, 2008.

1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

Life of Pi. I honestly like it. There are some religious aspects in there which I am curious about and questions but other than that, it was enjoyable, provided that there are animals in this movie in which the main character interactswith.. and there are MEERKRATS! So many of those MEERKRATS! Dang. I honestly wished I had some pie while watching this movie. Oh yea. The tiger peeing out green stuff at the boy was hilarious.

2. CutieeSora

CutieeSora New Member

Last movie I saw was Captain America: the First Avenger on Netflix and I can say right now I loved it!!

3. Forever Hearts

Forever Hearts New Member

Gulliver's Travels - I'd been waiting so long to actually see it and it finally came on TV.

4. Tsukiyo

Tsukiyo New Member

actually i just got around to seeing dark knight rises the other day and omg i wanna kick myself for not seeing it in theaters. it was amazing

5. Biosaber

Biosaber New Member

Cursed and a haunted house. And they are so fucking horrible.

6. CutieeSora

CutieeSora New Member

The Hobbit and Forrest Gump

7. Biosaber

Biosaber New Member

To be in a few days pass

8. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I've seen three new ones recently.

First was The Heat. And this was so freaking hilarious. There were parts that had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. Definitely worth the price of the ticket- and given that the theater nearest me went and upped their prices again, that's saying something.

I also caught a double feature at the local drive in. First movie was Turbo, which wasn't terrible but not quite good enough to be memorable for me, in the great scheme of awesome animated movies. The second movie was The Wolverine, which again, wasn't all that memorable to me. None of the characters were recognizable to me, so I felt no real attachment to their stories. Best part was the tiny scene mid-credit, which gave me so many feels. But it was better made than the last solo Wolverine flick, I'm thinking (though embarrassingly, I felt more invested watching that one).

9. Biosaber

Biosaber New Member

Elysium=Awesome
    MAMA was ok

10. Kitty

The last movie I saw was Captain America: The Winter Soldier. And I really enjoyed it. Lots of characters being total badasses. And I liked how not everything was tied up in a neat little bow at the end- I'm guessing because of Avengers 2 or a third Cap movie somewhere on the horizon. I dunno, as far as these Marvel movies go, I'm pretty easy to please. I'd see this again.

11. King of Darkness

King of Darkness What up Monica

Finished watching Amazing Spiderman 2 last night, gotta love torrents, and it was a lot of fun. From the good 'ol Spidey jokes to Dane Dehaan's Goblin, I enjoyed a lot of it. I feel like there were a couple of things the movie did wrong though, balancing 3 villains seems to be a curse with Spiderman, Jamie Foxx's character just turning completely evil out of nowhere, etc. But most of the problems didn't really deter me from my enjoyment of the movie and I'll probably end up seeing it in theaters if not for the story and the action sequences, then for the soundtrack which sounded badass but obviously couldn't get the most out of it.

8/10

12. Nel

Nel New Member

Seen the new Captain America in 3D Tuesday night. It's about as good as the Captain America's go so far I suppose.

13. Kitty

The last movie I saw was Transcendence. It was pretty good- I like Rebecca Hall's acting, and I enjoy seeing Johnny Depp when he's not being all quirky Jack Sparrow in non-Pirates movies. It overall had a good cast and the movie looked really good too. The plot, if I thought about it too hard, kinda made my head hurt a bit, so I just didn't think about it too much. I wouldn't buy this movie at full price, but it wasn't a waste of a movie ticket.

14. Luke

Luke Member

The new 300. It was perfect. Were it a person i would wed it.

15. Kitty

The Other Woman: It was funnier than I was expecting it to be. It was kind of absurd, and it's not gonna win any awards or anything, but I laughed.

16. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

You haven't seen a crappy movie til you watch Lizzie. I recommend if you hate someone then refer them to this movie.

17. Kitty

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: I didn't think this was quite as good as the first one- some things felt like they were thrown in at the last second for the hell of it, but I still had a nice time watching it.

18. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

Star Wars- Return of the Jedi!

19. Kitty

X-Men: Days of Future Past: I could not gush about this movie more. Loved it to pieces. It had a good blend between showing the two time periods, and I felt like no character really hogged the movie- which I know some fans were bitching because they thought it would turn into the Wolverine Show, and I don't think it did. If anything, it focused a lot on Charles Xavier, which , awesome, because I love him, and also, he had a lot of shit to work out and I always felt the other movies (excepting First Class) kinda ignored him. They made him really human and it was totally awesome. And I dunno, just everything was completely awesome and great.

Napoléon likes this.
  20. Kitty

Double posting because apparently people don't watch movies?

I saw two very recently. The first was How to Train Your Dragon 2. I didn't feel like this was quite up to the epicness of the first movie, and pieces of the story were a little soap opera-ish, if I'm being honest, but for the most part it was a solid, enjoyable movie.

Second one I saw was Edge of Tomorrow. And I really loved this. I didn't think I would, because Tom Cruise, just, he's a mess, but his acting was enjoyable, Emily Blunt was awesome and a complete badass bitch, and I thought the story, with the time resetting, was interesting, and not at all boring or repetitive like it sounds like it could be.