• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

:( What if there were no Fantasy?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by EtherealSummoner, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

What if Square-Enix went bankrupt that they didn't even thought up of the idea of a Final Fantasy game? WHAT THEN?! Would we still have some of the games that we enjoy or the games that were joint projects that were related with Square-Enix? GIVE ME YOUR OPINION!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  2. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

If that was the case, Square would've been bankrupt a long time ago, all the games they've made post-FF wouldn't exist, and you wouldn't ask these questions.

3. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

Hahahahahaha. I found it funny when you said that I wouldn't even have to ask about this question if Square-enix actually went bankrupt fifteen years ago. Still, I think that everyone would have just been bored and that the video gaming business won't be as popular.

4. Raven

Raven New Member

Maybe, maybe not. While the Final Fantasy franchise was and is still considered one of the biggest influences on gaming, there are many other franchises that probably would have kept gaming afloat - There's nintendo with its Mario series for one.

Even still, I certainly think that Square's survival has increased the standards of video gaming so that it's not merely something to keep us occupy but rather something for us to enjoy on a personal level. The story's created by the company allow us to immerse in that world if only for a short period of time, and those moments where we're saddened when the adventure is over, that's when you know a game is good. Video games these days are a sort of like a good book.

5. Roxion

Roxion New Member

ALL HAIL SQUARE ENIX. if Square didn't exist, I wouldn't be such a gamer like I am today

6. GrandShadow

GrandShadow I accept your challange.

if Square didn't exist, first off we wouldn't be here ona site dedicated to a specific Square Enix series. i wouldn't even know you people.

anyways, if there never was Final Fantasy i think the only difference would be shitty RPGs. FF pretty much revolutionized the RPG genre and made it awesome. without FF i think shooters and platformers would be the only genres that can hold a series along.

7. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

And then Chrono Trigger wouldn't exist. . . and none of their grand stories would exist. And, by extension, Resident Evil wouldn't exist either. Resi came about because Capcom was experimenting a story driven horror game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.