• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Thoughts so far?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XV' started by Nova, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

Didn't plan on buying the game so soon after its release. But I ended up doing so anyway. I'm only in like the third chapter because I keep getting distracted by side quests. But so far I'm actually impressed. It's exceeding my own expectations at least.

Is anyone else playing it?

2. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

It's amazing yo. I love it so much. I killed a level 30 Iron Giant at level 3 and it was spectacular.

3. Remedy

Remedy Remnant

I'm currently on Chapter 13. I bought the game Friday night (12.9.16), and 5 days later I'm nearly at the end. Wishing I had done more side quests and bounties, but I've loved the story so far. I will admit though, I'm not loving the endgame portion, having a really hard time convincing myself to finish it out, but the early game was spectacular. I've really fallen in love with Noctis' character though, another good FF for the books in my opinion.

** EDIT **

I've now completed the game, and my gosh did I love it. Chapter 13 was rough though for sure, definitely my least favorite part of the whole game haha. But great FF!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    Nova likes this.
  4. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

Finished the game myself a few months or so ago. But it's kept my attention enough that I still pick it up occasionally to do side quests and bounties I didn't originally complete.

In my opinion, this is the best Final Fantasy game I've played in a long time. I do think it has some weak points. The second half of the game seemed incredibly linear and rushed compared to the first half. And as much as I loved the combat, I think it could have been a little better too. Seems like the main boss fights, specifically, were more cinematic than actual fight. Especially the final Ardyn fight, I think, was a little too easy and lacked a satisfying challenge. It was still cool. I just think that second bit, inside the crystal, could very easily have been made into a second and more difficult part of the final battle. Maybe that's just because I'm used to final bosses having multiple forms though.

5. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

I've played it. Summons are like FFVII Crisis Core which I didn't particularly liked. The magic is freaking weird where casting one spell makes all of them go on cool down. A little disappointed in Gameplay in general since previous FF you could play as different party members and had an extended party..

6. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

Best game in the FF franchise so far tbh. its my new Fav sort of, FF13 will always have a special place in my heart. i just wish there was more Luna x Noct

Nova likes this.
  7. Keyblade Master Roxas

Keyblade Master Roxas Shake the Core.

I love it!!!! Waited ten years for the game. 100% loved it.

Nova likes this.