• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Things You Learn From Fiction

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Betty Boop, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

I was just thinking about how Star Trek teaches alot. It has inspired many people to go into engineering. It talked seriously about issues such as racism & sexism in the 1960s. In Deep Space Nine, they used the Cardassians and Bajorans as an allegory to the horrors of WWII.

What other series have lessons?

2. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Well I personaly been learning many things from the Chronicle of Narnia series.

I've learned to always believe in yourself, don't judge others, and much more.

I've also learned in just one book not a series, it's a historical fiction called Blue, I learned the dangers of polio, what had happened in World War II, how others felt about Franklin D. Roosevelt, and the hard life people went through.

3. LivingDeath

LivingDeath Dormina'd

First, There are no Vampires and Monsters

Second, Don't believe the fiction of things until its revealed true.

4. Goldfish

Goldfish Cats in the Cradle

Oh, you mean like the Film Jaws which scared the willies into many people causing a huge shark hunt depleting their numbers greatly because of it?
    Not really a lesson but it kind of was an inspiration to cull these creatures unnecessarily.

5. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

Um, not exactly. More like stories with a moral to it. Movies/TV/books that make you think about important things. Like the Godfather movies are about how revenge is a cycle. Or it could be a lesson about the past. The best historical example I can think of is "Schindler's List" (which I still need to see).

6. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

That's a good movie. I saw it in my history class last year.

I can't think of a movie that taught me something, but I know that Watchmen is one of those movies that makes people think. I've only been able to read the graphic novel. Still wanna see Watchmen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.