• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

The Hinted Ending

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts 3' started by Derek, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

No, dont worry, I have not looked up spoilers. I’m just compiling some speculation, many I’ve had while talking to @blackosprey so if you’re curious follow my rambling a bit. =]

The Clash
    [​IMG]

We’ll start with Xehanort’s plan. His motives are wishy-washy at best but the method isn’t. We know he needs 7 light people and 13 dark ones to clash or fight so those shards will be drawn together and reforge the Xblade. When the Xblade is forged, kingdom hearts (the true one), appears to meet it.

The question that lingered is “how?”. If the VenVan merger is anything to go by, all these people need to converge into a single entity because their hearts need to be one. But how do you repeat what Vanitas did with 20 people?

The Answer was surprisingly simple, the twenty need to be focused into a host of two people who then repeat the Ventus-Vanitas battle.

[​IMG]

In one of the trailers Xehanort hints at this possibility when mentioning the new world Scala ad Caelum. (roughly translating to ‘stairway to heaven’) Here he says all his selves “can be one”. It’s also in that trailer that we see Sora is there with him though.

Going by his words and Sora’s presence, you could gather it isn’t just Xehanort who needs his selves to be one here but also Sora. Xehanort needs Sora to host all the lights, for Sora and his friends to be one.

This topic can be further strengthened by some tweets being released by the officals at KH HQ. Namely these:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The first image is a clip from an earlier trailer where Sora is running around gathering other Sora’s. What’s interesting is he seems to be doing so while in the new world of Scala ad Caelum.

The second image plays on the old heart-soul-body set up. Removing a soul kills the body, KH’s version of natural death. The heart always persists however and that’s all Xehanort really needs, their hearts.

In short, what I’m saying is that what Xehanort is doing is destroying/killing/separating the others and literally harvesting their hearts. First he’ll do it to Sora’s friend then to his own hosts. Which may be why we see Xehanort surrounded by keyblades with no wielders:

[​IMG]

I dont know if the battle goes from the graveyard into Scala ad Caelum or the reverse but I believe that’s what’s happening. Rather, I think that’s what this post here is talking about. (link)
    The end goal is Xehanort versus Sora, both having become the host for light and dark halves of the Xblade. The other worry is how he’ll do it.

The Final Union
    [​IMG]

As noted in this post by @vivacilyn (link here) there’s parallels to Sora and Terra. As suggested above, Xehanort doesn’t just need two hosts but for those two hosts to clash and form a singular entity to which the Xblade will appear.

When Ventus and Vanitas did this the Xblade wasn’t “whole” or “real” or however you wish to define it. Nort’s BBS plan was to use a pure light & dark to substitute the actual process. Although, the actual process isn’t that different.

There’s more people but they still need to “clash”. To these ends, I think Sora is meant to be the final vessel. Not of the 13 but of the 20 and he seems to be doing this in the same fashion he possessed Terra.

Sora’s friends are, seemingly, murdered and now Sora is all emotional. The other norts are gone, darkness is swarming everything. “But Derk!” I hear you say “how can the plan work if Sora gives into the dark and is possessed!?”

[​IMG]

Well I point out two avenues to this.
    1) the 20 in this clash aren’t pure light nor dark but they may balance out into a harmonious..um balance. All that matters is who’s the dominate self in the end.

2) Sora isn’t a member of the 7 lights. He may be there with his friends, there may be more than 7 people fighting Xehanorts. We dont really know right now but what we do know is 7 lights need a host and even if Sora isn’t a member of those lights he can still be their host. By association he’d have to be if they make up his friends.

Two may be the better avenue, first Sora hosts the 7 then Xehanort possesses Sora. In one fell swoop Sora becomes the final vessel as intended and with it the Xblade forms.

The Ending
    [​IMG]
    Originally posted by ocarinnas

So let’s recap a bit. 1) we need a clash of two people 2) those two need to host the equalizing forces of the Xblade 3) this gif here ^^^

In the trailers Sora is shown in a vast expanse that seems like endless sky. In KH2 the Kairi letter nods that one thing every world shares is the sky, sora’s name translate to “sky” or “heavens”. And lastly, the new world is called Scala ad Caelum, the stairway to heaven.

There’s several theories out on this but the key factor in them all is that Sora may be within Kingdom Hearts itself here. Whatever happens between himself and Xehanort seems to leave Sora, alone, with access to godmode.

The question becomes “what does he do with it?”

[​IMG]
    Originally posted by star-dew

Well given the context of the last war, I think it’s safe to assume darkness was unleashed and has ate the rest of the KH universe by now. That was Xehanort’s goal and I think he succeeded. Sora became that final vessel, the Xblade appeared, “fate” followed through on Xehanort’s side.

That is, until the end. If the legend is right then light has to appear once darkness swallows all, Sora may be that light. The ultimate irony, fate turns on the man who believes in it. Xehanort isn’t fated to reshape the world, Sora is. Darkness can only swallow, spread and destroy and light does the opposite.

Xehanort chose darkness, he can’t be the light or god to do as he wishes and he may be too blinded at this point to consider that.

The Aftermath
    [​IMG]
    Originally posted by ohnamine

And with all this in mind, it brings up my curiosity. How will this end? Will the world be put back as it was or will it be “new”?

Restoration ending vs Reboot ending.

Honestly, I’d love for the reboot one since it offers a fresh start but it’s very likely it’ll be the former or a combination of the two. All I really have to back a reboot ending is Nomura’s own words that fans may not enjoy this ending. (after he saw how people reacted to Aquanort) There’s also this ominus line from Sora’s english voice actor:

[​IMG]

and when you get down to it, KHUX has this scary set up that’s perfect for a new arc. For example:

1) The original war that made Soras world happened
    2) The current cast are in a data construct entirely unaware because their war memories are wiped
    3) Luxu fulfilled his goal as seen with his keyblade in Norts hands
    4) The other foretellers presumably fell in the war
    5) If KH3 ends with Sora rebooting reality then anyone that leaves UX to the outside will find a new world unaware a war or two wars happened
    6) The new union leaders are lying and amongst a traitor leaving room for collapse and conflict

All it’d take is giving the series a break after 3 and wrapping up UX. This is all speculation of course but I could see a situation happening....Anyway, I’ve rambled enough. If you’ve read this far I thank you, this has been my hypothetical of the KH3 ending!

Sources cause I’m giving credits after all this typing!

@keydreamer since I used your image for the quote. (link)

@blackosprey since the first half is essentially her ideas expanded.

@cid Never talked to ya but I used some of your gifs for this. Hopefully that isn’t an issue

@chachacharlieco & @soranort-headcanons for the sora-terra parallel shots

This twitter for one of my sources: https://twitter.com/_KH_ENGLISH/status/1084016351016960000

The actual trailer that set this post in motion:

Desert Warrior and Kitty like this.
  2. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Interesting theory. The only parts I have a real problem with is Xehanort disposing of his 12 vessels and the floating No Name keyblades representing that. My issue is mainly that the trailer that first showed Scala ad Caelum showed all his vessels there. The fact that the trailer is titled "Final Battle Trailer" I feel implies that Scala ad Caelum is in fact the final world and is the location of the final boss, not the Keyblade Graveyard.

I once saw some screenshots someone took of a closeup look at some of the ruins in the Keyblade Graveyard (Such as the scene we see Roxas pop off his hood and the scene where a very obvious, in my opinion, Xion holds a keyblade up at Axel/Lea) and a closeup look at the buildings of Scala ad Caelum and from the pictures they had the same sort of design on them. Not sure the proper wording to describe them, I'm thinking something like how a wall building might have a design built into it, if that makes sense.

Seeing this got me thinking that Scala ad Caelum might simply be the Keyblade Graveyard before it became a desert, but honestly I'm not sure how that would work given how Chi shows the Keyblade War (A Keyblade War? I know some theories think there were multiple and the one we have seen in Chi isn't the one referred to by Xehanort). Unless Scala ad Caelum is an alternate dimension version of that world and it is found within Kingdom Hearts itself? No idea.

3. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

@Desert Warrior

Hmmmm well a way to look past that is the fusion isn't permanent. All Xehanort needs is for the Xblade to summon and open KH, I dont know if he needs to maintain the blade afterward since he's already gained entry.

Those screenshots sound very interesting! I could see the wars being a type of cycle, it's mysterious as to how the MoM got his keyblade anyway. For all we know he survived a previous version of the war.

4. Desert Warrior

I can never remember if it's fan theory or the actual explanation that the MoM modeled his keyblade (Or perhaps keyblades in general) using the X-Blade as inspiration.

5. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Hmm well given that ending in 3 and his current title as "first" wielder (that we know of) I'd lean toward the latter. Whether theory or fact, it'd make sense that all keyblades were molded after it since it's from him all keyblades spawn. Or they may just look like that naturally since they're copies of the Xblade itself.

6. Desert Warrior

Wasn't there also some explanation that the MoM forged keyblades out of people's hearts? Or from people's hearts?

7. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Hmmm I think a friend told me from hearts but we know you can make them the other way. That's what Riku-Ansem's keyblade in KH1 was. The Goatblade is made from his eye too apparently so he must have several means. It makes sense, if the Xblade is the key to kingdom hearts then lesser hearts could have such a thing. (just very powered down)

8. Desert Warrior

Was it made from his eye or did he put his eye in it? I always assumed the latter.

9. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Seems like the games have stated both? I'd like to think it was the latter myself.

10. Desert Warrior

Well there's always a chance the MoM will explain it to the good guys before they all fight.

11. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

There is but I kinda hope he remains a troll till the end. lol