• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Strongest Weapons.

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy VII' started by EtherealSummoner, Jan 20, 2010.

Which weapon of FFVII is the strongest?

1. Ruby Weapon. HANDS DOWN!!

60.0%
  2. Emerald Weapon. Just gives me the chills.

20.0%
  3. Ultima Weapon. Shows you the meaning of Ultimate.

20.0%
  4. Diamond Weapon.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Sapphire Weapon. Wasn't able to fight him but it's vicious.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

I really want to know what all of you think. When I was on Mideel fighting against the Ultima Weapon, he was taking away around 1,000-1,500 of my health. I see the Emerald Weapon under the ocean but I'm too afraid to even fight it. I know that there's are at least three keys that will make things real easy. One is called a guide book that will help me against the Emerald Weapon. Since I'm still on Disc 2, I decided to have my characters at least around level 80, powering up Cloud, Tifa, Yuffie, Vincent and Cid with power sources and guard sources. Anyways, which weapon do you think is the toughest of them all in FFVII only?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I voted Ruby Weapon.

Ruby is annoying, because you have to go into the battle with two characters KO'd, or he'll use this quicksand move and suck two of them away for the rest of the battle. He also causes annoying status ailments, drains away MP, and has really high defense. I ended up paralyzing him and his tentacles repeatedly with dazers, because he was so irritating.

Emerald was also tough, but I found him a little easier than Ruby. When you have the underwater materia, you don't have to worry about the time limit, and as long as you don't equip too much materia, he goes down eventually.

Ultimate Weapon was not a hard fight, any of the times, I faced him, if I'm remembering right. What was a pain in the ass was finding him. He'd always get away from me and I'd have to fly all over the world looking for him. Also, the last time you fight Ultimate Weapon, if you haven't already, equip all your enemy skills on one character, and let that character give the finishing blow, so you can learn the enemy skill Shadow Flare. It's the surest way of learning it, if you're like me and have to get all of the skills (even if you don't use 'em :p)

Edit: Forgot about Diamond, but then, he was forgettable. Not a difficult fight at all.

3. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

I heard several great advices that I've heard from others and from what I've found myself. The Emerald Weapon's ultimate attack is only from the numbers of materias equipped to your character. So if Cid have 5 materias, 5,555 of damage will be done to him. If Tifa has 1 materia, 1,111 damage will be dealt to her. Also, I have learned that there's a glitch for Vincent and Barret that do a overflow of damage that caps around 600,000 damage but for Vincent, it requires his ultimate weapon while for Barret... ... ... ... ... I've forgot. But for Vincent, it's possible that you can destroy the Emerald Weapon in one shot. I don't know if it can work on the Ruby Weapon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.