• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Spring/Summer Tournament (Interest Check & Planning)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Become, Apr 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Well now. I never thought I'd actually see the day that the Arena would see as much action as it has been. But, thanks to the go-getting attitude of @Taboo Sho, it looks like there may be sufficient interest in running some kind of tournament in the near future.

How many of us would be interested in participating in a tournament? Perhaps some time beginning in the late May/Early June timeframe, and running until, perhaps, the end of August? Basically, an arena event to cover the summer months.

2. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

I would, of course

3. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

Sounds like like fun. I'd be interested

Become likes this.
  4. Become

Yay.

I'd love it if we could 8 people for this. Or at least pull in a fourth and do some double/triple elimination.

5. Become

Tentative Plan
    Ideal Number of Participants: 8

Based on this ideal, I would be running the tournament in a three-round seeding style tournament. Basically, this means that rather than simply eliminating participants throughout the rounds, the results of each round will yield brackets into which the winners and losers (latter term used lightly, of course) will be separated going into the next round. The end result will be a final ranking of 1st-8th place. My reasoning for using this style is simply that it, in theory, helps keep people engaged throughout the tournament.

Character parameters will mostly be held to middle range of power. Things such as sonic-level speeds and destructive capacities to level large buildings being the upper-ends of their powers. If there's time, I may simply establish an original universe for the tournament to take place in, under a premise not unlike such fighting games as Mortal Kombat/Streetfighter/Killer Instinct, etc. Or, otherwise, I'll just set it up in a canon universe; mostly to keep us from having to wade through different canons and match up power scales within each one.

As far as judging... well, in a perfect world, we'll have someone around to serve as a complete neutral to oversee the battles and determine winners. Otherwise, our peers within the tournament will be held to the honorable determination of victory; likely two other competitors picked out at random for each battle.

Taboo Sho likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.