• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Spirits of Nature (In-Character)

Discussion in 'Original Roleplays (IC)' started by Become, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

“Nature… it’s fallen out of balance these past decades… centuries even. The Elements have been skewed, twisted into a force for destruction with no moderation.

But salvation is near. The Elemental Bearers, those that can bring balance back to nature, have been found, and gathered. They will meet soon enough.

My children… Fire, Water, Earth, Air; we are coming for you...”

~Spirits of Nature~

"Come on Father!" Kazenaka Satomi called out, waving her hand up in the air, signaling to her lagging parent from the other side of a pond of people. Her voice rang with contained excitement, and might have echoed through the atrium if not for the masses of people there to dull the sound. Half out of joy and half as another means of signing, she hopped about in place, continuing to call her father through the sea of people. “Over here!” she said as he emerged from the crowd, pointing to the stone circle that marked the center of the massive room.

“You hardly need to jump, Satomi,” her father said with a chuckle. “I can see you just fine without it.”

“I know,” Satomi said. It wasn’t entirely false, what her father had said. As it was, Satomi’s nearly six foot form stood out among most of the others in the crowd, or, at the very least, matched them for height. “I’m just happy to finally be here. And why shouldn’t I be? I finally get to attend my dream school, even if I do only get one year out of it.”

“I’ll grant you that,” her father said, in his typical easy-going air.

“Isn’t it just beautiful?” Satomi asked, gazing around at the architecture surrounding them. Around them was the brilliantly designed Seji Academy, the premier school for talented youths of all manners; anyone and everyone that had ever had a potential for greatness found their way there. The atrium, which served as the main hall and nexus of the campus’ single-building layout, was an ethnic blend of Eastern and Western structural traditions, which made for a truly unique look and feel, particularly the grandiose, semi-circular double staircase that lead up to the dormitory wings.

“Do you have your room number?” Satomi’s father asked.

“Yes… it’s…” Satomi flung her book bag around to her side. After a moment of digging, she retrieved the letter of admission she had gotten in the weeks prior, and flipped to the housing assignment. “Girl’s Dormitory, obviously, Room 550. That’s a four-person suite, apparently. How lucky I must be.”

“Will you need me to come with you?”

“Hmmmmm…” carefully considering the proposition, Satomi shook her head. “I think I’ll get there just fine. All of my belongings will be delivered there.” For a moment, her eyes met her father’s. She nodded, and bowed respectfully to her elder, who returned the gesture. Then, the two embraced, parting with salute-like waves as they treaded in opposite directions.

2. Xeren_Ozone

Xeren_Ozone Member

Kyo's face was one of complete awe. She'd never seen so many people in a single place before in her life. Such variances too, it looked as though no two people came from the same world. There were tall people, short people, some brown hair, some red hair, some wore clothing not unlike the kind she often saw or wore, while others wore outfits that were totally exotic to her. Nothing within the crowd, however, compared to what housed it. The stunning architecture Seji Academy stood fantastically around her, the multi-cultural design creating a realm of welcoming and grandeur to her.

"What do you think?" Kyo's father said, he and her mother standing behind her.

"I've never dreamt anything could be this amazing!" Kyo looked around, gazing at each bit of the sights she could.

"They said that all of your things would be in your room when you arrive. Do you know where you're going?" Her mother asked. Kyo nodded, rummaging through her bag to find the letter listing the information.

"It saaaays... Room 550. Apparently I'll have three roommates." She said that with mixed feelings. She'd never had roommates before... but she supposed she can't really pass any judgements yet.

"Well, at least you won't be alone then." She father smiles. "Do you want us to come with you, or are you okay?" To this Kyo shook her head. She told herself she would not cry, hard as it may be, she didn't want to make herself look weak in front of her father. He knelt down, saying something quietly to her. "You still have it with you, don't you?" He spoke of her knife, something the two of them kept a secret. Kyo nodded. With this, her father stood back up. Kyo told her parents farewell, gave them a long, tight embrace, and minutes later was off for her room. It took her a while to find it, both caught up in sightseeing and getting lost, but she finally came to Room 550.

She opened the door and screamed, shutting the door and running off as fast as she could for the other Room 550. The one in the Girl's Dorm flight and not the Boy's. Finally she came to the correct room and ran inside.

"Maybe I went fast enough, nobody will remember who did that.."
    She told herself, her face bright red out of utter embarrasement. "Off to a great start..." Kyo sighed, looking around the room that was to be her new home for the next couple of years. She seemed to be the first one who had arrived.

3. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

The train ride to Seji Academy was a calm one. That being said, there was an almost sorrowful air about the area. Understandable, given that the train was full of soon-to-be students. Some, but not all, of the passengers had their parents with them. Asuna Nakiri was one of those passengers. She sat silently in between her parents. While her stuff was taken to her dorm room in advance, there were a few things she kept on hand. She was currently holding a book on her lap while she stared out the train window. The girl was mixed with all sorts of feelings. Anticipation, excitement, worry, etc. She sighed and leaned her head on her father's arm.

"It's too early in the morning for you to be sighing like that. What happened to my cheerful little girl?"

"It's not that daddy. I'm just... Nervous. Y'know, new experiences and all that?"

"You'll be fine sweetie. You're related to me after all. You have great things in your future. Not only that but you're related to your mother. If she can handle me, you can handle anything."
    Asuna heard a smack above her as her father joked about her mother. She looked up as her mom's hand was pulling away from the back of her father's head.

"All joking aside, he has a point. And it isn't like your life is completely changing. You still have a home to come home to during your breaks."

"Thanks mom." Asuna smiled.

-----

"Well, I guess this is where we part ways."

"Have fun, stay safe. Don't date any bad boys." Her father warned before stepping back to dodge an elbow to his side courtesy of his wife.

"Do you know where to go from here?" Asuna's mother asked.

"Yep. Girl's dorm, Room 550. Me and three other strangers."

"What was that saying?"

"Strangers are just friends you haven't met?"

"Except when they're not friends." Punch to his shoulder.

"Love you dear. Come on, one last hug." Asuna's mom pulled her close to her and the family shared a hug.

Letting go of her parent's embrace, Asuna began to walk away.

"Oh wait, one last thing." Her father caught her wrist. "We got you a little something." He held out a box that fit in Asuna's palm. She opened up the box and took out what was in it. It was a flower hair clip. She stared at her parents quietly. "We were hoping you would like it." Asuna's mother took it out of her hand and clipped it to her hair.

Almost letting the sentiment get to her, Asuna smiled and hugged her parents again. "Thanks. I'll be sure to see you as soon as I can." With those final words of parting, Asuna ran off to find her dorm.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  4. King of Darkness

King of Darkness What up Monica

"Alright Aunt Elissa, I think that's all my stuff," Moka said, happily as she grabbed her last bag from the trunk of her aunt and uncle's van. She had been waiting for this day ever since she had received her letter, or at least this moment to finally move on from the life she had once knew. To leave the people that had teased and ridiculed her for so long and have a fresh start somewhere new. To finally create an image for herself, untouched by any outside forces. To finally make real friends.

Her aunt, considerably overweight, wearing a tank top that had all sorts of disgusting food residue trailing from the collar area down to her mid section, looked Moka up and down, trying to find something judgmental to say about the niece she never intended to house. Instead of finding anything hateful, she smiled wide at Moka and nodded happily. "Alright then," Aunt Elissa began to speak. "Well...shucks...you just be safe, alright? And if you need somethin' you just call me or yer' uncle and we'll be out here to pick you up and take you back home where you belong."

This had probably been the nicest thing Moka's aunt had ever said anything nice to her since her mother and brothers passed away. It was probably only because they were now losing their personal maid who kept the house tidy and bought the house food and goods. While the thought crossed Moka's mind, she quickly shook it off, instead thinking that they had loved her from the beginning. She held back tears as she hugged her aunt and quickly let go, replying, "I will Aunt Elissa! I'll make sure to look out for myself. And besides, I'm getting 3 other roommates! I bet we'll all be looking out for one another!" There was Moka trying to believe that everyone had good intentions, one of her aunt's least favorite traits about her.

Her aunt nodded and, without saying another word, returned to her car and left Moka in front of her school. Moka perked up and faced the school before reaching into her pocket and pulling out a crumpled piece of paper. She quickly unfolded it and examined the number written on it, "550", and the map on the back of the same paper. She looked over it for perhaps less than 3 seconds before stuffing it back in her pocket, having seemingly already understood where to go from here. She took a deep breath and lifted up her three bags, all of which looked a bit too large for a girl her size. She then began her stumble to her room, bumping into several students as she did so, not noticing when she did. She had even bumped into a girl with long hair, wearing a striped top. She had stopped in front of the girl momentarily, taking a deep, over exaggerated breath, before struggling to pick her bags back up and continue her "adventure" to her room.