• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Shrine to Kefka

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy I-VI' started by Betty Boop, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

Let's discuss my favorite FF villain.

Kefka's Accomplishments
    1. Set Figaro Castle on fire to blackmail Edward to giving him Terra.
    2. Poisened the entire Kingdom of Doma.
    3. Absorbed the power of the espers.
    4. Betrayed Emperor Gesthal.
    5. Kicked Leo off a Floating Continent.
    6. Used the Warring Triad statues to reshape the world.
    7. Rule said rule for a year.
    8. Had a cult devoted to him and became a god.
    9. Used Light of Final Judgement to destroy a town just because one person said something bad about him!
    10. Is very hard to defeat.
    11. Absorbs the powers of the Warring Triad to become the incarnate of magic itself.
    12. When he dies,all the magic in the world dies with him.

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Kefka is god. He is officially the best FF villain. He kicks the heroes when they're down and succeeds where very few other FF villains have. AND he's hilariously stupid-looking. He's got it all.

3. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Let's not forget to add to the list that he actually caused the entire party, with the exception of Celes to give up. That's an accomplishment. If Celes never get's off the little island, he never get's defeated.

4. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

We must make sacrifices. :devil:

So why does Kefka not get as much attention as Sephiroth? There are tons of Gen-X who still own their original NES.

5. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Cause, believe it or not, most ofthe biggest fanboys have never played this. Many people who started playing games in the 3D era cannot seem to understand that graphics do not make a game enjoyable. Therfore the 2D-ness of the old FF's, in their eyes, ensures that the game is crap and they don't play.

Plus, there are few things as hard as the head of an FFVII fanboy. To them, nothing has ever, will ever, or can ever beat the awesomeness that is FFVII, and they are blind to all other things. It's quite sad really. VII was good, but it wasn't that good.

6. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

That's terrible. People need a sense of history. If you take FFVI and make it 3D it becomes better. If you take FFVII and make it less bit...well I let you judge the results.

Nuklear Power - Home of 8-bit Theatre

7. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Watch out for the crowd of Jenova's Witnesses who will now swarm upon you and beat you senseless with bats for that heresy.

Personally, I think people are just too dazzled by Sephiroth's shiny hair and long sword to understand the awesome evilness of Kefka. And it's just sad when people think VI and below's graphics are shit and won't play them, but will play VII. I think VII's graphics are actually worse. The blocky characters just annoyed me, but the 2-D ones in the earlier games I just accepted as old and got over it.

8. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Truthfully, the 2D characters in FFVI looked more like people than the blocky ones of FFVII did. Of course, you can't convince most people of that. As I said, they're too stubborn to give it a chance. Especially the VII fanboys. I'm sorry. I liked VII. I thought it was a fantasitic game. But it is, by far, the most overrated game in the history of video games.

And I'll be sure to look out for those idiots. I don't feel like being burned at the stake, which they probably feel is just punishment for my comments. This means I need to stay away from my cousin. He's a fanboy.

9. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

Yeah, but we're kind of the Cult of Kefka right now. Kefka actually succeded in becoming a god. Sephiroth failed at that goal.

If they want a civil debate, I say let them come. But they better not bring sand into the shrine!

10. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Though, ironically enough, his plan would have worked if he had lived long enough and had been in the right place. The planet did just what he intended. But he f ails cause his dumbass was in the wrong location. Even if he had lived, the Crater is a long way from Midgar.

Besides, I don't think Sephy would have looked as good in a clown outfit, XD.

11. Ningacom

Ningacom New Member

Not to mention he had no real reasons behind anything he did.