• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

RPOTW

Discussion in 'Archive' started by RebelMurf, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelMurf

RebelMurf Hero of the Wild

I had been sitting there for over an hour. My partner sat next to me as we watched the stars as our ship casually drifted through space, just waiting for something to happen. My partner was new to G-sect. Were a high tech military team, the average solider was equip with a simple armour a assault gun and a side arm of there choice, A select few infantry that were specificity chosen had developed armour that consisted of a multi-layered alloy of remarkable strength, a refractive coating that could disperse a fair amount of directed energy and a layer of gel which conformed to the wearer's skin and functioned to regulate temperature. The armour doubled the wearer's strength, already lighting fast reflex's and made it possible to navigate through the intricacies of any high-tech battlefield. They were known as the S.S. Usually G-sect weren't used as ordinary security, especially around such a populated place like the Citidale. The Citidale is one of the largest travailing human colonies in the universe. That's not to say that other races aren't there as well. Many of them come to trade and sell there goods. “Why are we watching the Citidale?” My partner asks. “There is a meeting of the representatives from each race coming for a meeting to discuss some political matter. And the Citidale security asked for our help in-case anything were to go wrong.” A loud explosion can be heard. Its origins are currently unknown. Static can be heard coming over the radio soon followed by a voice. “Calling teams Alfa and Echo you are to make your way to the east side of the Citidale were we will intercept the enemy and bring them down before any serious damage can occur. Teams Bravo, Charlie and Delta you will standby for further orders.” I was slightly disappointed that Alfa and Echo would get in on the action. Little did I know things were about to get a hell of alot more interesting. I was dozing off, after all we weren't needed. Alfa and Echo had the most known S.S among them. “What's that?” My partner says tapping me on the shoulder. I reluctantly lift my head and gaze out to see what appears to be a shooting star. “It's headed this way” “Oh crap! Move the ship! That's a damn rocket!” We managed to move the ship just barley escaping the blast of the damned thing. “Were the hell did that come from!” * Ski-ii, What was that? What's going on? Ski-ii *
    “Commander, We were fired at by an unknown enemy from an unknown location” * Ski-ii, Well you had better well find out who's shooting at you. We can't let anything happen to the Citidale Ski-ii *. Just then I saw something I had never imagined possible. Hundreds, no Thousands of Geth ships heading straight for the Citidale. “You have got to be kidding me” The Geth are a race of robots that were originally created for the sole purpose of serving there creators. They eventually grew smart and drove the creators off there home-world and left them to search the Galaxy for a new home. But what were they doing here!? And why now? “Look!” My partner says pointing out slightly above us. “That's a commanding ship! I thinking there going to try and board our ship. Get ready for a battle!” The twenty or so soldiers set up a hasty but effective defence at entrance of the ship. It would be a hell of a fight. Will we be able to hold out long enough for reinforcements to get here?”

Alright, well we've been wanting to do this for awhile now. It wasn't been done as a group so I decided to do it myself. Hope it works out. So basically what you just read is what your going to base your post off. Its set in a space age and for those of you who know it I took some ideas from Mass Effect. So how are you going to do this. Your post starts with you, your partner and the team of twenty waiting for the attack to start. Since the main character and your partner weren't specified, you can make yourself and your partner and gender you want, as you read you can be a S.S solider etc. Spelling and grammar do matter so none of that annoying text language. Also content and description does count towards things, However don't go over bored with your post length. Have some mercy on the judges :p Alright with all that said I hope you take the time to have crack at it. Since it might take you sometime Ill leave it open until Next Thursday. You can send it to me or another mod judge in pm or just post them here. From there the judges will review them and discuss a winner.

NOTE: If people do post there entry in this thread do not steal there content. People found copying etc. will not be counted in the running. That's all I really have to say about it so have fun and good luck =D

Nova likes this.
  2. Icarus

Icarus skinwalker

Heya guys, so basically just to sort this out a bit I'll post a few things.

Kairu and I anlong with a special guest judge will be judging this. We are the gods of the RPG area and our word is law. (insert thunder and lightning here).

The main things we'll be checking up on will be:
    Grammar/Mechanics~Oh yeah, it's a biggie.
    Content~ Not just how big it is but also your description of the scene, people, and actions that are going on.
    Relevance~ Ya'know, how well it fits in with the situation that you were given. Don't give us space aliens on planet Omcron Septimpo D when we set you up on a mission in England during the Dark Ages. We give you a situation that lets your mind go free but not TOO free.

So yeah, get to RPing and such! =D PM your entries to Me and Kairu so we can grade them.

If you have any questions simply PM us as well and we'll happily answer and inquiry you have. ^^

RebelMurf likes this.
  3. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

*I will be giving reputation points for anyone who participates in this contest wether or not they win.

~Hope

4. RebelMurf

RebelMurf Hero of the Wild

Alright, Id like to Thank everyone who entered and we are no longer taking entrants. Icarus will be posting the next RPOTW and the winner will be announced soon.

*Closed*

Nova likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.