• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

RPOTM March 2017 [NOMINATIONS]

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by Nova, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

I apologize I'm a few months behind. But let's carry on, shall we? So, just like before, anyone can submit a nomination for any active roleplayer. I have updated the nomination template just a little to be more detailed. Nominations will close on March 22nd.

TEMPLATE
    BASIC INFO

• Username: (This one doesn't need explanation right?)
    • Current RP: (You only need an example of one. It must be a currently active or recently finished RP)
    • Sample Post: (Link a post of theirs. Preferably from the RP you listed for them)
    RATE 1-10
    • Activity: (Actively involved and posts/checks in often)
    • Detail: (How descriptive and detailed their writing is)
    • Realism: (Even in fantasy stories, keeping a sort of realistic balance with character powers, reactions, situations, etc...)
    • Grammar: (General writing skill. Minimal spelling or grammar mistakes.)
    • Follows Rules: (How well do they follow KHPs roleplay rules?)
    • Communication/Respect: (Do they communicate with other players, consider things from other perspectives, and respect the overall plot when posting?)
    • Creativity: (Are their posts and bios interesting, unique, and creative?)
    Comments
    • Players Best Strength: (What makes them a great writer in your opinion?)
    • Players Pain Point: (In what ways do you think they could improve?)
    • Anything Other Comments:

Hope's March Nomination

BASIC INFO

RATE 1-10
    • Activity: 7/10 (Doing better after coming back from hiatus.)
    • Detail: 9/10 (Let's just be honest, he trumps us all in this category.)
    • Realism: 10/10 (Going as far as to call others out for their own inconsistencies when appropriate)
    • Grammar: 10/10 (I really haven't seen him make any mistakes so...)
    • Follows Rules: 10/10 (He wrote them.)
    • Communication/Respect: 7/10 (I think I'm only giving this one a lower score because I've been in more communication with other players about their ideals for DI than with Become in comparison. This might not be as fair of a number)
    • Creativity: 9/10 (Become's characters always seem to stand out from the others in roleplays in some way. And he finds ways to keep with a story without having to be the center of attention. It's an unfortunately dying skill in the RP community.)
    Comments
    • Players Best Strength: When it comes to detail, creativity, and overall writing skill, I think Become is a league above most of us. He has a much more coherent writing style.
    • Players Pain Point: For March, and DI specifically, I wouldn't mind seeing a little more tenacity. Marcus is a really cool character and I'd like to see him more integrated into the plot. This upcoming fight with Ilda will probably help with that. I do know we have been in contact with his future plans for the character which I am looking forward to seeing.
    • Anything Other Comments: It's also worth mentioning that he still stays caught up with active roleplay arena battles and gives really good critique. Good Luck Other-Dog! :D

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  2. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

TEMPLATE
    BASIC INFO
    RATE 1-10
    • Activity: (7-8 for Hope, 6 for OathkeeperXIII
    • Detail: 7. Although the sample of posts aren't 'long,' the detail offered is concise and sufficient in describing the actions of their characters.
    • Realism: I rate them at a 7 or 8 in this one. While many things in a KH battle can be a stretch of imagination, they're doing a good job at making things look, sound, and feel logical and reasoned.
    • Grammar: 9. Really, they're both great at writing, and their grammar is almost always on point.
    • Follows Rules: 8-9. Some minor powerplaying is present in the RP sampled. But they work through it well.
    • Communication/Respect: 8 for Hope; 7ish for Oath. They're both some of the most respectful roleplayers I've met on KHP. Naturally though, things off the forum do make their impact on forum activity, and they don't always respond to things right away. But then, who does really?
    • Creativity: I'll give them an 8 for the above RP. I definitely like the use of their characters combatively.
    Comments
    • Players Best Strength: I think what I think I like best about these two in this case is how smoothly they've both transitioned from the more 'traditional' roleplay setting (with plots and such driving the action) into the Arena style. They're not nearly as bad as they might think they are at it. I attribute this a lot to the responsibility as roleplayers, their willingness to battle with a sense of honor, fairness, and, beyond that, sense of humility, which, in my observations, often gets lost when players go into the arena, especially when they use characters that would be termed as 'powerful.'
    • Players Pain Point: Overall, I think, in terms of Arena roleplaying, they, like many others on KHP, myself included, just need to refine their approach to combat a little more.
    • Anything Other Comments: I've nominated both of these RPers for their engagement in the Arena, which has been something that, within the RP section, been underused over the years. It's a treat in and of itself to see people using the Arena subsection; even more so to see two good, reasonable Roleplayers doing battle. I hope to see both of them in more Arena roleplays in the future.

3. Oath

Oath King Bitch™

But for real who saw this one coming?

BASIC INFO
    • Username: @Taboo Sho
    • Current RP: Divine Inheritance: Chaos
    • Sample Post: Meeting Paige
    RATE 1-10
    • Activity: On the forum 10/10. In RP maybe 7/10.
    • Detail: 6/10. Enough to get the point across, but his posts could be much more immersive.
    • Realism: 4/10. For the sake of context vs immersion more than anything. I think Sho sometimes struggles to grasp his character's surroundings and fit them appropriately. Especially in combat scenes. He tends to only look to the importance of how his own character is doing and less about the scene as a whole. As a result, I find myself taking his characters less seriously. Could just be a me-thing though.
    • Grammar: 9/10 Grammar and overall writing ability is usually on point. No real complaints there.
    • Follows Rules: 7/10 As a member of staff, Sho seems to have a decent grasp on the roleplaying rules. I do notice some slight Mary-Sue present in his writing and attitude toward his characters. Lilith, in the presented RP is a prime example. That's the only comment I have on this topic.
    • Communication/Respect: 5/10 Again, my commentary here goes hand in hand with my comments in "Realism" and in "Follows Rules." Sho tends to make things about his own character rather than considering the story as a whole. Through this, I do see a lack of respect for the plot, which Hope has put a lot of work into. Along with morale between players, which again I know Hope has put a lot of work into. To be fair, it is important to focus on one's own characters. And it's also normal to become a bit defensive when their character is put into question. Which I have noticed happens a lot in the group chats. We could probably be a little easier on the guy too.
    • Creativity: 2/10 Based on Lilith alone, I can't honestly give him a high score on this based on the fact that Lilith is word-for-word based on a canon character from One Piece. Everything down to her powers. I do think it wouldn't have killed him to be a bit more original. I do credit him for at least changing her gender and giving her some powers that were based on Neptune, which is one of the only things that I think really ties Lilith to the setting.
    Comments
    • Players Best Strength: Enthusiasm. Sho does put a lot of effort into his own progression and roleplay activity, which is respectable in my book.
    • Players Pain Point: Context and Communication. It is incredibly important in RP to consider the flow of the story and work together. That's what sets a roleplayer apart from every other fan fiction writer.
    • Anything Other Comments: I realize some of my comments in this nomination might come across a bit harsh against Sho. I don't mean to pick Sho apart here. Sho has a ton of potential as a roleplayer. Which is why I decided to nominate him this month. I just think these types of competitions require a certain level of honesty and critique as well.

Desert Warrior and RebelMurf like this.