• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

RP Ideas

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Destiny, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Due to the dying of this section with no new RP's, instead of forcing out new ideas which aren't ready yet, I decided to go back through the past and look at various RP's to maybe bring back.

So if you could see any of there be revived and restarted, which RP would you like to see done...

RP's Created by Me on KHPlanet
    Land of Magics
    The Apprentices
    School of Sorcery
    Pokemon Secret of Mew
    Operation P.T.
    Fighting Back

RP's Created by me from elsewhere
    Kingdom Hearts: Dreamscape
    Kalaban

RP's created by others on KHPlanet
    (these RP's cannot be copied and remade unless given permission by original owners, however, new stories can be developed and created from these ideas)
    Tri-Tower Magic Academy by Hope
    Kingdom Hearts Decisions by Remedy
    Eternal Saga to the Door by DESTATI
    The Dominion of Everything by Ventus
    Powers? by Ventus
    Kingdom Hearts: Keys of War by Mythril Roxas

These are existing RP's to either be brought back or use to create a new RP.

As for the future for future RP. Here are some canon based RP's I've been thinking about, would you RP any of these?

Soul Eater
    Avatar (The Last Airbender/ Legend of Korra)
    Fairy Tales (the actual fairy tales such as in Brothers Grimm's)
    The Musketeers
    Wizard of Oz

2. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

Technically, ventus lost all right he had to anything on this site with the shit he pulled. \

But otherwise, I would not be opposed to an Avatar RP. I kind of want to revive Marama Chau from the depths of the RP Arena because making half of the post a haiku was part of the fun.

3. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

I'm in agreement with Req's first statement; but that much is somewhat off point.

School of Sorcery I guess would be a good addition to the revival atmosphere repertoire, though if I'm allowed to be honest, it might as well just get rewritten as a sandbox Hogwarts/Harry Potter universe or into something a tad bit less nodding to said series. Of course, if Hope is willing to at least allow Tri-Tower then that'd be well-suited to the fantasy school niche.

I remember creating a character for Fighting Back, which I'd have loved to have used. So an opportunity to do that is something I would welcome with open arms.

The idea of working off of DESTATI's KH RP intrigues me as well, though I'm not sure anyone around here these days can really do it much justice.

I've personally been considering either rerunning one of the New Org gems that used to be quite popular around here, or otherwise reworking an RP that I worked with Summoner on a bit a while back. I think with the right tweaks and support it could be a good on-going event.

And of course, if I can ever convince enough people or otherwise see enough potential in it, a tournament in the Arena will be inevitable.

PS - DISCLAIMER: I wouldn't say this section is 'dying.' Living at a more leisurely pace is more like it and honestly, a new RP isn't what's needed to motivate things. I think we should first try pulling ourselves together enough to keep people interested in what's already running.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  4. FON

FON A Lazy Comic Artist

Yeah becuase if we have too many RPs, then we won't be able to focus on all of them and activity will be a bit wonky. However, I will say I'm wanting to do a Soul Eater or Fairy Tale based RP

5. Become

FYI: Since this tends to be the issue with most people here that utilize this section, it does help to be active in your own discussion threads (that goes for OOCs as well as feedback threads). RPing is a collaborative activity; if we're not engaging in discussion, then things fail eventually.

6. Remedy

Remedy Remnant

I would love to reboot "Kingdom Hearts: Decisions" (What an awful name), seeing as it was never finished, and we had a somewhat less than satisfactory crew (including my self ^.^). Only problem is I can't remember all the plot details. And also can't seem to find the OOC and SU

7. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Do you remember who made the threads? If they haven't been deleted, then you can go to that person's profile (Or click on their name in a post, I forget which) and select the option "Find all threads made by this user"

8. Remedy

Remedy Remnant

Haha yeah I made them. I'll make sure to check that. Even though I believe it'll take a while to find, seeing as it was made in 2012 haha

EDIT: http://www.khplanet.com/forums/old-roleplays/9551-kh3-roleplay-ooc-su-remake.html
    So it turns out we did a remake of "decisions" called "fate decides", and we actually finished it... Although relatively weakly and quickly. Then we started to more RP's, Re-Birth. And a private for me and destiny, Sunset Horizion.

I think a revival of the entire "series" would be cool.

EDIT 2:

For anyone Looking to understand the whole thing...
    http://www.khplanet.com/forums/roleplay/11103-kingdom-hearts-re-birth-ooc-su.html
    http://www.khplanet.com/forums/old-roleplays/11142-sunset-horizon-private-rp.html

Again would love to revive. Interest anyone?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  9. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Remedy I will back this project through and through. And any planning I would be happy to do, personally I think we could probably pull off just re-doing the sequel.

@Wayward (and @Zac), that's the problem a few people are in ooc's, and then there are people like me for specific RP's have been pushing for discussion but receive nothing. Further, it's striking up new interests. And in regards to maintaining multiple RP's at once, what's going on now is nothing, there's hardly any posting in the current RP's and they're quite slow if any. Further, granted this may be me, I do better in RP's by being in multiple RP's, I'm not sure if it's because I'm in a constant state of creative flow or what, but I can't stand going days and every login without there being a need to post in a RP.

@Requiem, I agree, what he did was crap, but at the same time, a lot of his RP need some work anyways.

10. Remedy

Remedy Remnant

Agreed, important we keep current RP's alive. I've been wating for a while for someone else to post in the RP I'm currently in, because I was the last to post, and I already have my next post ready...

@Destiny
    Through what should I contact you? I'll put some stuff together, and then I'll let you help with the rest of the planning.

11. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Remedy, that'll work. I remember quite a bit, but your RP, I merely had the side kick/ partner character.

12. TiensBlade

TiensBlade New Member

I'm not sure if ideas like this are ok, but they seem to work fine on other forums, just small little ideas like Naruto-Universe, or vampire vs werewolves (It's rather fun this one), just small things, but can grow into incredible Rp's ^.^;

13. Become

I think we've tried Naruto RPs here before. Or at least they've come up for feedback. They never really went anywhere. Granted only a few RPs around here (or anywhere for that matter) ever really go anywhere.

14. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

Even though I am retired from roleplaying, I would like to put some input:

1. Please have put in some focus on at least 1-3 rps. Trying to be all over the place is not going to progress and it is one of the reasons why the roleplay never have an ending.

2. Wayward will have all of the right to restart the roleplay he helped me with years back which revolves around the site. It is all up to him. Do whatever you want with it.

3. ... Did this site ever did a Lord of the Rings RP? Even though I never did one, if someone actually created one, I MAY come out of retirement and join the rp.

15. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

We tried a naruto RP but it was large scale and never went anywhere. if i was to start one it'd have to be a small amount of people to test if it would even go anywhere. if so i'll make it.

16. TiensBlade

TiensBlade New Member

Ah...I found Naruto RP's a tad confusing, because a few people go a little...god mode..and at 'genin' rank already mastered like a hundred jutsu's, small scale Naruto RP's work fine though, compared to a ... large number...