• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Ronin: FF Samurai class

Discussion in 'General Final Fantasy' started by EtherealSummoner, Mar 25, 2011.

Which game/character represents a good samurai?

1. FFV samurai class

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Cyan Garamonde of FFVI

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Auron of FFX

66.7%
  4. Yojimbo aeon of FFX

33.3%
  5. Samurai FFX-2 dressphere

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. FFXI samurai class

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. FF Tactics samurai

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

The same as for all of the other final fantasy classes. Which game or character do you think best represents the class. ^.^ I would also want to know about your opinion on the samurai job system too.

Attached Files:

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I voted Auron, though I was tempted by Yojimbo, who's pretty awesome himself.

Auron, I think, just has the look and the attitude down. He's also a strong attacker and very useful in my party.

Cyan had some useful abilities and I used him a bit, but not as much as Auron. Yojimbo is of course pretty badass- I've always liked his summoning animation, and he's nice and useful (though it's only my very latest playthrough that I ever got a Zanmato), but he's not a party member. The Samurai dressphere had some nice abilities (I used it some against the later bosses of the Via Infinito), but it wasn't one I chose to use most of the time. V's samurai job, I don't remember very much. I don't think I used it.

3. EtherealSummoner

I chose Yojimbo (AND NOT BECAUSE I LIKE THE SUMMONER CLASS! ... ... ok. Maybe just a little bit). You fought him for the first time as a boss and that was a challenge. XD You then had to pay him for a large sum of money for him to serve you. I found that ridiculous. Once you summon him, you have to pay even more. DX WHY!!! Result: He will use his dog and evasion to help you in battle. Really, HIS EVASION IS GREAT! Well, up to the point where it is not helpful against Nemesis (unless you can get him to use Zanmato on the beast). To me, Yojimbo overpowers Anima and rivals the Magus Sisters.

I like Auron. He has strong breaks and can weaken the enemy. -_- He just feel slow to me though and is not much of a magic user.

I find the FFX-2 Samurai very amusing. Well, the animation that is. The fireworks ability is useful though. I can always end a battle quickly. The Clean Slate ability is also good too. So much of a physical attacker.

4. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I disagree. I think Anima trumps the others because she's reliable. The Magus Sisters are powerful, but half the time they'll take a break or just do whatever the hell they feel like, and Yojimbo is the same way- you can pay him all of the gil you possess, and more likely he'll do his lamest attack. Yojimbo is useful because of his evasion and most of the time you'll get at least some decent damage out of him, but he's expensive and not consistent.

Auron is really slow. He's also got poor accuracy at the beginning of the game. He misses like damn near everything.

What did the fireworks ability do? I don't remember that one. I seem to remember them having some moves that delayed turns. That's what I liked them for.

5. EtherealSummoner

Ok. Maybe he rivals Anima and overpowers the Magus Sisters. ;D If you do not want to pay him so much, just do 1 gil per move and once his overdrive is full, pay him somewhere between 1,000-10,000.

As for FFX-2 samurai dressphere, fireworks is an attack move that hits all enemies at a high damage. Really useful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.