• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

RIP Alan Rickman

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Kitty, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Just a few days after Bowie, actor Alan Rickman has died, also at the age of 69, also after a bout with cancer. So many great roles, so much talent, though I'd guess most of the younger members around here would know him best as Harry Potter's Professor Snape. Condolences to his friends and family. He will be missed.

Article found here.

---

I don't know why I'm the one who always stumbles across this sort of news. :confused:

2. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

this breaks my heart seriously, loved this man in everything, even Sweeney Todd, i can't belive he's gone, man this year is starting off as shit.

3. I found out about this at lunch time today and me and my friends just couldn't believe it. Rip

4. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Damn. Only two weeks into 2016 and we'really starting to lose good celebrities. Alan Rickman was a great one. He'll definitely be missed.

5. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Agreed. Even in roles where I personally thought he was miscast *coughSnapecough*, he was still wonderful. He even had a pretty decent singing voice in Sweeney Todd, if I remember correctly (been one long while since I've seen that).

This crappy start to the year is serving to remind me how old some of the great entertainers actually are, and it's depressing to think about who's left to fill their shoes once they're gone.

6. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

I'm terrible with celebrities and never watch the news, but I do recognize the guy from Die Hard. I can't say I've watched a Harry Potter movie from beginning to end, but Alan Rickman was a good actor.