• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Reviving an Old Roleplay [Suggestions]

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by Become, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Hi all! It's your Friendly Neighborhood Creative Corner Moderator here! I've been thinking about this for a few days, and have decided that I would like to revive/reboot a previous RP. While it would be an easy feat for me to simply reinvigorate one of my choice, I feel that it would be for the better if I started polling the community. The only stipulation that I will attach to this is that I would like to bring back a Canon Roleplay, as that section hasn't had much action in several months, and, overall, has remained empty for the better part of the past year.

So, SquareElite Roleplayers... what Canon Roleplay would you like to see make a return? Please provide links, if possible, so that I can quickly reference it. It may even be possible to merge multiple ideas, even to the extent of creating some manner of crossover.

My personal selection: RE: Kingdom Hearts. A Kingdom Hearts RP that I attempted over the summer, which, sadly, didn't quite make it very far. I would like to give it a second chance, but restructure it to accommodate more people from the start. It would take its beginnings, primarily, on Destiny Islands (or, perhaps, another, similarly functioning world) and spread out among a larger KH Universe following the (untimely) destruction of said world, and the dispersal of much of the cast among other worlds. ​

2. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

Hrm. . . if I had to pick, the only one that really sticks out like a sore thumb for me (besides SoN) is Betwixt. There were some cool ideas that were present but ultimately were ruined by a certain member's sudden permadelete of the RP thread. Some of it got a bit convoluted however, so my main takeaway from it is the concept of corrupted Princesses of Heart or Light or whatever he hell they called them. I can't be bothered to open up a wiki page right now.

3. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

Betwixt, SoN, or Re:Kingdom Hearts would be a fairly simple re-do. I'm not gonna lie, I'm really behind on Kingdom Hearts lore so I'd have to make a non vital character in order to not hinder the story at all but I'd still probably join.

4. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

Honestly I'd rather not redo SoN myself. We got so dang far in it that it'd feel kind of pointless to redo. Besides, I told half of y'all the full plot progression anyways.

5. Become

I'd be down to retry Betwixt, assuming someone knows enough of the plan to get it going.

6. Become

I may attempt to frame such an RP in the context of another Keyblade Academy type of setting as well... Would really help if I could get more input.

Nova likes this.
  7. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

Keyblade Academy? that sounds familiar.

Nova likes this.
  8. Become

It wouldn't be the same story, necessarily. Just adapting the setting.