• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

References and Thoughts

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts RE: Coded' started by Kit, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Kit

Kit New Member

I recently borrowed Re:Coded from a friend, and even more recenly beat it. One thing I noticed was that the dialogue was...different. For example, Riku calling Sora out for his sappy speeches. The conversations just seemed more natural in some places. I'll post an exact example when I can find one.

Another thing I noticed was various references to the source materials, like when you face Cerberus in the Coliseum. After Hercules mention's its name, Cloud remarks, "Cerberus? There's a name I've heard before." Of course, avid FFVII fans will note this as a reference to Vincent. In another Coliseum example, on layer 20, Hercules remarks that getting through the labyrinth is "a labor in itself." Mythology buffs will see this as a reference to the 12 Labors of "Heracles," the myth which the Disney Hercules was VERY loosely based on.

All in all, I enjoyed the game. The battles were fun, the story was good, and the last of the "3 New KH Games" are out...paving the way for MORE games before we get to KH3.

2. ADogX

ADogX R.I.P. Captain Unohana

heh...i've been playin pokemon so i haven't beaten the last worl yet. idk why people said it was bad. it's really fun and it's a KH game that FINALLY takes place after KH 2

3. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

I truly enjoyed Coded also, i'm still acquiring trophies but highly enjoyed.