• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

My Custom Kingdom Key Keyblade

Discussion in 'Traditional Art' started by beefjurky, Apr 7, 2012.

1. beefjurky

beefjurky New Member

This is my CUSTOM Kingdom Key. ALL Metal, there are no PVC, WOOD, FRP, or anything else that other people use. This is 99% perfection. I didn't like the angle on the actual tip (crown). So i made it straight vertical.

feedback please!

Attached Files:

Remedy likes this.
  2. BK-201

BK-201 Member

Okay...it's really hard to believe that you made that.

3. beefjurky

beefjurky New Member

It was made in 2011 SolidWorks Professional Software. Its a $5000 software, it works wonders man haha. I made it of five parts, the tip (crown) was taken as a rectangle, traced out the unwanted parts, extruded the metal from that and got the crown, used a cylinder hollow shaft of aluminum, 1 1/4" wide and 1/16" thick, which leads down into the connector, which we used a revolving feature on the software so we only had to use splines to create the surface then revolve it 360 degrees. The yellow handle was tricky to make, but it made it out alright, and the black handle is just an extruded cylinder. Trust me, it looks great, all i need to do now is transfer the design to the CNC software to mill all the parts out, assembly should be done next week due to my other job

4. BK-201

BK-201 Member

So I'm guessing that's what you do for a living.

5. beefjurky

beefjurky New Member

well, manufacturing, yes. So that's where I have an advantage.... haha

6. BK-201

BK-201 Member

Have you done anything else similar to this ?

7. beefjurky

beefjurky New Member

no, i got the idea from a wooden one i bought at a japan festival here in texas. I figured i would start with a simple keyblade, and then go to design the more extravagant ones like oathkeeper, or oblivion, later on

8. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Impressive. Very impressive! So what's the 1% imperfection!

9. Remedy

Remedy Remnant

*Moved to traditional showcase*
    If you make or draw something it goes in traditional showcase.

Nice. That's pretty cool that you make these as a profession.

10. beefjurky

beefjurky New Member

1% imperfection would be the angled crown which i made vertical and the two holes on the handle corners

11. Cameron

Cameron New Member

Isn't this a 3D model? Why would it then not belong to Digital showcase?

12. beefjurky

beefjurky New Member

Yeah, its made using a computer software, thats why i put it in digital

13. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Pretty sweet(seen a lot of computer models though) it would be impressive to actually cut the metal out for this.

Anyways as Cameron already hinted. This is in the wrong section, even within Traditional Showcase. Nothing gets posted directly under Traditional Showcase. Though I almost moved this to Digital, I ended up moving this to be under Art. In the future any time posting in Traditional Showcase check the guide to see if it's going in the right place.

14. beefjurky

beefjurky New Member

Yeah, owning a machine shop with 3 automated CNC machines kinda helps hah

15. Noir

Noir

Impressive.
    Is the program hard to use?
    I hope not really.. and that is extremely expensive. More expensive than a PS3, I guess?

16. Biosaber

Biosaber New Member

That is awesome