• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Magic: The Gathering

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Dion, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Dion

Dion Member

I've been playing MTG for around 3-4 months now and I'm just curious to see if anyone else here plays it? Or is it too nerdy/boring/complex for you to get into?

I've recently just started buying and building my own EDH deck, Mono-Green, based on Treefolks.

2. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

I don't know much about Magic: The Gathering, but when I was in Spain. I went into this cool little shop where there were board games such as dungeons and dragons, there were mangas in Spanish like Soul Eater and Full Metal Alchemist, and in the back room. There were like 4 tables full of Spaniards playing Magic: The Gathering, and they play it daily. It was so cool! So it is pretty nerdy, but one day I'll learn how to play.

3. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

I used to play magic, back in the day. I stopped because I was never really to good at it, but latley I've been thinking about hoping into it, I have a few friends that play.

4. Dion

Dion Member

I wasn't really that great at it at first, still not the greatest but I manage. It just took me a while to find my play style.

5. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Pretty much all of my nucleus of in-town friends play MTG. I actually bought a Sliver deck off of a friend of mine back in November (payed $10 for it; it's still a work in progress, though I nearly beat one of my more experienced friend's green deck with it last week, and would have beaten his White deck too if we had actually managed to finish that game.

Sadly, Slivers are difficult to play since getting the creatures out is crucial to its success, since Slivers all serve to power each other up; unfortunately, that doesn't always happen though.

6. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

I've played it. I was given a White/Black starter deck which was pretty good. Then when my stepbrother tried to get me back into it he took me to a game shop, bought me a bunch of booster packs and we made a decent White/Black deck out of it. Still got those lying about somewhere.

7. Dion

Dion Member

I'm kinda surprised that a few of you have played mtg. xD

One of my friends has a really mean Sliver deck. Especially since I play with Mono-Green and he just plays the Sliver that has protection from his choice of color.

The first deck I ever played with was White/Black, but it never suited my play style fully.