• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Let’s talk KH3D gameplay

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance' started by Derek, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Originally posted by radiantgarden

Contrary to most my rants, my biggest issue with this title was gameplay personally. I just didn’t enjoy it.

• I was glad the combos weren’t as floaty as BBS nor as slow as KH1 but commands were ok at best and broken at worst.

• Dream Eaters, as fodder, was okay but as companions they were a chore. I didn’t buy Nintendogs and I didn’t want to play it here.

• And Flowmotion was way too overpowered for combat. You can’t turn it off, if you try all it does is take control from you and I hated to dodge roll only to be too close to something and have it activate.

There was fun ideas to all three but I feel they weren’t handled that well. For example, Flowmotion is perfectly fine for exploration. In a noncombative settings there’s no issues with it’s function.

And the dream eaters would’ve been perfectly fine, I think, if it was just two. If you gained all your abilities from Sora’s Meow Wow and Riku’s Komory Bat alone the pet angle wouldn’t have been an issue.
    Like you would have these two dream eaters the entire story and only have them to worry about caring for. It’d also be a bit more unique if everyone had a specific dream eater they summon in this regard.

So, yeah, like many hand held entries lots of good ideas on paper but not in execution I guess. (to me)