• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix Now Available

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News' started by Angel, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Angel submitted a new blog post

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix Now Available
    [​IMG]

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD Remix is officially available today, March 28 2017, for the PS4 ($49.99 USD). This HD compilation contains 6 unforgettable Kingdom Hearts titles:

[​IMG]
    • KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX
    • KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories
    • KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days (HD Remastered cinematics)
    • KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX
    • KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep Final MIX
    • KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded (HD Remastered cinematics)

With the release of this title, all Kingdom Hearts games released throughout the franchise, either playable or remastered cinematics are all available on the PS4 and the next title to be released will be none other than Kingdom Hearts 3! Today, also marks the 15th anniversary of Kingdom Hearts franchise. Kingdom Hearts first released in Japan on March 28 2002.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    Become likes this.
  2. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Just picked up my copy today. It's probably gonna be a very (un)productive afternoon.

3. Angel

I can only imagine the nostalgia!

4. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

I picked up my preorder today. Don't know when I'll be able to get to it since I'm putting free time into Gravity Rush 2.
    Tbh the fact that some of the PS3 glitches still remain makes me wonder if I've wasted money buying it.

5. Become

Neendless to say, I'll be kept busy with this one for a good while; mostly just playing through thw games I didn't play their first times around the block.

6. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Go in with excited but reigned in expectations.

7. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Eh. My PS3 works perfectly fine and I have both 1.5 and 2.5 for it. No sense in me buying those games again.

8. Become

Well I'm already well aware of the convoluted plot lines. Lol. I kicked off with BBS for now. I'll probably do Coded as well, and then Days. Those are the ones that I most wished I hadn't missed out on; CoM not so much, and I and II final mixes can wait.

9. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Tbh I wish I still had the PS2 and 1&2 on it. At least until they finally, if ever, fix the glitches. There's no excuse for the PS2 versions to be smoother in play.

Long as your aware lol. Also keep in mind, things are beginning to contradict (games vs Nomura), KH2 STILL has a few mistranslations and wikias are misinformed. (aka just play them with small expectation and roll with it)

Coded was the funnest spin off to me. It wasn't necessary but because it wasn't being shoehorned into relevance it was allowed to be more of it's own small thing which was nice. Also DataSora & DataRiku have more personality than the real ones somehow...Sadly the movies don't do the game originals much justice but they'll be eye opening for anyone needing to know the main plot points.

10. Desert Warrior

I still have my original copies, but I doubt I'd ever return to them. I don't remember any glitches for KH1 on PS3 and the only glitch I remember for KH2 on the PS3 is the glitch from activating the drive forms. I'd still play it over my PS2 copy though cuz KH2 Final Mix is infinitely superior to the original version.

11. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

You got lucky then. I've seen lots of KH1 glitches reported but I did have several KH2 ones. The lagging drive changes weren't any for me, I wouldn't even count that as an issue to my own person since I don't use them.
    My issues were always reaction commands not working, sometimes it got sluggish, and not matter what, not matter how well anything else decided to work, I had one glitch that was just constant. When fighting Xemnas my reactions never work, never. The others seemed to be random but this one was constant. This was an issue on critical.

I also had times where it acted like I didn't watch Days and took scenes from me in the theater as well. Although I hate Days and never rewatched it fully again, I only noticed because I went back to finish one day and seen scenes or progression gone.

I heard BBS had issues but I didn't get any myself. The only real "glitch" seems to be the final Vanitas vs Ven fight but the issue I'm thinking of was there since the PSP so it's not really a remix fault.

Aside from that my PS3 remixes were just randomly glitched and randomly slowed at times. I've yet to see many claim their PS4 version lacks the same issues. I'll tackle the PS4 ver soon myself to see what I got but if the PS2 vers are still smoother then I don't see myself keeping the remixes on PS4.

Eh I'm glad you had good copies and like them but if I had the PS2 versions I'd play them over the glitch fest any day. KH2FM is better than the original but I'm not a huge KH2 fan (although I do give it's combat system praise). If I had the OG KH1 and a PS2 I'd probably rarely touch the 1.5 variation.

Desert Warrior likes this.
  12. Become

I'm almost kicking myself in the head for not putting the research in on the games' contents; I didn't realize that this version of Days was just a cinematic arrangement of cutscenes. Kinda feels like a cheat.

13. Angel

That and Recoded as well.

They said they didn't have time to remaster it but that's b.s.

14. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

I don't think they did at the time of the initial remix but eh who knows now. I didn't like DS days but even I gotta admit, the movie isn't as good. One thing Days had that was great was it's localization, the conversations were great when it wasn't a clock tower or drama scene.
    Like this:

[​IMG]

15. Desert Warrior

I keep on forgetting about that one. I don't think I've ever had a reaction command not work for me on 2.5, but I am familiar with the glitch for the Reversal reaction command against Xemnas. I've definitely experienced that one. Though it only really seems to be an issue when you're doing a lvl. 1 fight against Data Xemnas since that glitch will kill you. Any other time I would assume you can survive getting hit and as such the glitch wouldn't be as much of a problem.

16. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

It depends on player skill. If you can survive on level 1 up to a data fight then you'd have no issue. I can beat them on critical but it makes it far more annoying than it should be since I get random deaths due to that glitch.