• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Kingdom Hearts Fan Album

Discussion in 'Audio and Visual' started by Mark "Blaz", Dec 20, 2014.

1. Mark "Blaz"

Mark "Blaz" New Member

Hi guys, Mark "Blaz" here! First off, big KH fan! Second, I just recently finished vol.1 of a fan made music album and thought I'd share it with the community!

blaz1222.bandcamp.com/album/kingdom-hearts-reimagined-vol-1-duck-tales-treasure-of-the-lost-lamp

Hope you guys like it, and feedback, and heck, even your patronage is much appreciated! :)

2. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Just gave this a listen to. At first I suspected it wouldn't be much of anything (nothing on you, we just don't get too many music composers around here). I was happy to have my expectations proven false. The pieces really feel reminiscent of the KH2 soundtrack, which was my favorite of the series.

You've got an awesome project in the works. I'll hope to see more work from you in the future.

3. Mark "Blaz"

Mark "Blaz" New Member

Thanks! Glad to hear you like it! And yes, you most definitely will see more of these in the future! :D

4. Become

Nice. By the way, what software do you use as far as notation?

5. Mark "Blaz"

Mark "Blaz" New Member

I use Logic Pro, and a little bit of East West Symphonic Orchestra for this particular album.

6. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

I love it! I really enjoy the adventure time one too. That spin you put on "all gummed up inside". Awesome. ^_^.

Tell me more about what you do?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  7. Mark "Blaz"

Mark "Blaz" New Member

Actually:

youtube.com/user/Blaz1222

soundcloud.com/marksoto

These also link to my other works. Oh, and if you've already checked out my bandcamp page you know I do chiptunes as well!

Oh shoot what's wrong with me?! I almost forgot my website, too:

markssoto.wix.com/main#!

That's pretty much my work in a nutshell. And, of course, expect more in the future. (Like KH Reimagined Vol. 2!)

8. Become

I'm 100% familiar with Logic, and actually haven't heard of East West until you mentioned it here. These are more along the lines of mixing software, aren't they?

I was envisioning more along the lines of Finale or Sibelius; I know both of those programs offer conversion of audio into MP3 formats.

9. Mark "Blaz"

Mark "Blaz" New Member

Mix, record, convert to mp3, Logic does it all! The eastwest instrument libraries are standalone, although they can also be used as a slave to Logic, finale etc. as software instruments. Eastwest Quantum Leap has a wide variety of libraries from orchestra to rock and so on.