• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

K-pop, anyone?

Discussion in 'Music & Industry' started by Talon, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Talon

Talon New Member

Is there anyone else here who's into it? I looked through this forum and saw a thread for Girls' Generation and Epik High, but they were both closed so...

I was wondering if anyone else here was into korean pop? It's pretty much the only music I willingy listen to. Anything else is accidental, haha.

2. I like some K-Pop! ^^
    Girls' Generation, T-ara, BoA, and Brown Eyed Girls.

3. Paranoia God

Paranoia God Fuck off

^Pretty much what I listen to as well~

4. Talon

Talon New Member

Hey~!
    I love Girls' Generation - I use to listen to BoA a few years ago (the first time I heard her, it was a Japanese song tho, I think) so years later when I discovered kpop, I was surprised to see her again and learn she was Korean, hehe!)
    As for the other two groups, I don't listen to them that much, but I know who they are ^^

What kind of GG songs do you like best?

5. My favorite songs from GG are:
    The Boys
    Gee
    Mr. Taxi
    Oscar
    Trick
    비타민 (Vitamin)
    텔레파시 (Telepathy)

6. Talon

Talon New Member

Ahhh, lots of good songs! Good taste~ ^^
    I have a soft spot for their first wongs, when they were just wee babies, hehe, but it has a lot to do with nostalgia, I guess. As for all-time faves I would have to add Genie, Great Escape and Run Devil Run.

How long have you liked GG/kpop? For me it's been about five, five and a half years now, so it's not terribly long XD

7. OH~ I forgot about Run Devil Run! xD
    I've only been listening to them for about almost a year now (maybe longer... I'm not sure).

8. Talon

Talon New Member

Precious girls, aren't they?
    Do you have a favorite member?

9. Yup!

Not really, but if I had to choose one I would pick Sunny. :3

10. Talon

Talon New Member

They are all so lovely, but for me, it's Taeyeon. Massive dork with a gorgeous voice, hehe.

11. OMGItzHaddaway

OMGItzHaddaway New Member

Ahh, K-Pop. I think it's pretty great, I don't really know any groups aside from Girl's Generation and Brown Eyed Girls, though. My buddy just filters all these K-Pop songs to me and I just listen from there. I'd really prefer to understand what they're saying, but I guess that's what Google is for, right? Hahaha!

12. Talon

Talon New Member

I can relate to that - but these days, I find it almost kind of relieving that I don't understand all the words. Mostly lyrics are cheesy and corny and awkward anyway (mostly pop songs, anyway) so I really don't mind not understanding all the Korean. I would rather not understand it than sit there and understand every single cheesy word to the point where I cringe at horrible lyrics, hehe. But maybe that's just me LOL. Of course, there are songs with good, fun lyrics, but it's usually very lacking in pop songs anyway, so I'm happy in a blissfully unaware state XD

13. OMGItzHaddaway

I totally get ya'! But sometimes those corny, cheesy lyrics make it THAT much better!

14. Talon

Talon New Member

LMAO, this is also true in a few cases! I'm one of those people that sometimes has a sit-down with myself and watch old backstreet boys videos and sing along at the top of my lungs and remember the glorious 90s XD

15. OMGItzHaddaway

I know, right? Good stuff! Got some old school songs like that on Spotify; good time to reminisce and realize that the lyrics were NOT what you remembered them to be. Oh to be a kid again! :p

16. ü

ü 30•05•2010

Oh yay! More Kpop fans! I was thinking that Aqua Fresh and I were the only ones on here.
    I've been listening to Kpop since '07 when I was introduced to it through DBSK and BoA's Japanese promotions(back then I was really into Jpop and Jrock).. I listen to most bands and watch most of the mv's and such, but my favourites are Infinite, SHINee, DBSK, JYJ, Teen Top, Big Bang, F.Cuz, BoA and 2NE1 :3

17. OMGItzHaddaway

I'll have to give some of those a try, I recognize some of the names but I'm pretty sure I haven't heard any of them, hahaha!

I used to be into JPop/Rock, but not so much anymore. Usually when I listen to music it's classic club/dance stuff and just generally a bunch of Top 40 stuff. Guess I'll have some more stuff to listen to then :p

18. Talon

Talon New Member

LOL, yes basically. Love rediscovering my favorite songs from that time.

You have almost the same story as me! It was around 06/07 for me too and I was into Miyavi and somehow ended up watching a DBSK/BoA collab in Jap without knowing it was Korean until a while later when I saw a picture of Heechul on Google and discovered Super Junior. The look on my face when I once again came across DBSK and BoA, but in Korean... just wow XD Ahhhhh, F.Cuz fans are so rare!! And my precious babies in Teen Top, goodness gracious, I want to smush them and make them breakfast every morning and make sure they get to school safely LOL.
    And SHINee.... shgvhjvartg major MInho bias here, always has been. Any favorite songs you wanna mention?

19. ü

ü 30•05•2010

DBSK/JYJ are the god's of Kpop, and BoA is the queen (sorry Hyori...). In my opinion Infinite have some of the best songs and performances, followed by SHINee. But if you're into club/dance stuff I'd recommend Big Bang and 2PM, and maybe JoKwon's new solo work (if you're into camp stuff).

I don't listen to much Jrock/pop at the moment either (other than my favourites like An Cafe, the GazettE, Alice Nine, Miyavi, Trace Exist and Kyari Pamyu Pamyu).

I love Miyavi! Omo..... that's pretty much exactly how it happened for me as well! It was about three or four months until I found out they were Korean >.< I found out about SuJu through Kyuhyun because I was watching a video on Voldemin and someone mentioned SM's evil maknae's. I know, Runway's are so rare! I love Teen Top, Niel and Ricky <3 but Infinite! Did you see their collab?
    Favourite songs are probably (at the moments) SHINee - Stand By Me, Hello and SHINee World. Infinite - She's Back, By Mine and The Chaser. Teen Top - To You and Don't Spray Perfume. DBSK- all of them!! >.< But probably Balero, Balloons and Mirotic.
    I know all the songs I mentioned are the typical/promoted ones but >.<

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  20. Talon

Talon New Member

Ahhh, Kyuhyun... it was around that time he had his accident, I remember - man... scary stuff. Precious evil thing, isn't he?
    Fffff, I miss LeeU - I haven't paid as close attention to them as before, but I can never fully abandon my bb Kan - and their comeback MV was awesome! I love how the chick was the one kicking ass and saving their butts - and she wasn't reduced to being dressed in some flimsy, "sexy" outfit. She wore practical clothes, her hair was just a regular ponytail and she wiped the floor with all those meanies who held F.Cuz camptive! Loved it!
    I was mildly horrified at Teen Top's "To You" mv because it felt weird to see someone I consider my son, drenched and angsting in a bathtub! But it was a good song - however, I will forever have a soft spot for "Don't Spray Perfume" and "Supa luv", hehe.
    As for SHINee, ho-boy, where do I start....I've been with them since the start and they keep bringing me awesome songs, but to pick a few faves, I'd have to say "Last Gift", "Amigo", "Ready or Not", "Forever or Never" and "Sherlock" - but of course, "Replay" is a classic and "Hello" is adorable and "Lucifer" speaks for itself, hehe.