• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Is America the best country in the world?

Discussion in 'Mature Discussion' started by Angel, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Simple question, yes or no?

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Nope.

It's certainly preferable to live here compared to some of these third world crapholes, but I don't believe America is as great as we are led to believe. Hell, we can't even hold proper, democratic elections in our own country. I do think we could be the greatest, if we started taking care of our own people instead of lining politician and CEO pockets, stopped war-mongering and involving ourselves in situations that don't concern us. But fat chance of that happening any time soon.

Nova likes this.
  3. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

No and it hasn't been for decades. I live in one of the poorer areas of it and I get to see the failing school systems, rampant drug addiction and infrastructure decay.
    It honestly kinda irks me when I see people in town that still have that blind patriotism or pride and think we're the best. It's fine to be proud but to be in denial of what's wrong is what's got us in our situation.

Kitty likes this.
  4. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

-_- When Illinois starts trippin' and you cannot get your MAP Grant, forcing you to grab loans the last year of your undergrad... no. Just no.

5. Rogue

Rogue Member

Not since Trump became the president.

6. mensa

mensa New Member

no, i believe japan is just because its so awesome and free there. its just like the US only better without the horrendous history of injustices too. IMHO America has never been in anyway shape form or fashion the greatest country ever. i will say it is probably one of the 3 best countries to live in.

7. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

The United States, I believe, has a great potential to be the greatest nation. When it comes down to it, the framework for it are all there. In spite of the narratives pushed by media and politicians, there a definite wealth of ethnic diversity here that, generally, doesn't come about nearly as much in other nations. In terms of the landmass on which it stands, it has, in theory, a higher capacity to be completely self-sufficient in pretty much every aspect (food, water, energy, etc).

Yet, in practice, that potential is being squandered for the sake of more trivial pursuits; money, power, ratings and the like.

Kitty likes this.