• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Improving RP Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Destiny, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Since the old one was pretty much filled with spam and such, I unstickied it and moved, here however is a new discussion thread which I really want to see some ideas.

Slowly RP'ing has gone down hill from what it used to be and we need to get to go back up to former glory. It's gone down hill due to old experienced members leaving or no longer RP'ing and with new inexperience RP'ers coming in.

We need to get it to go back to the former glory of where sometimes it was hard to keep up with all the RP's I was in because I'd be in 8 active RP's at a time.

So any ideas on how to get back to that point will be greatly appreciated.

Also, please do not post, I think a RP about _____ will help. If you want a RP about _____, make an ooc thread for the RP about _____ or make a thread here to discuss ideas for the that ______ RP.

2. Vor

Vor Princess Eater

i say to make a thread for rpers who really don't know how to rp and give them some time to learn more about everything and to make sure that they won't break rules

3. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

You want to know what I think we should do? <.> STOP FREAKING MAKING 3-7 OOC'S EVERY 5 minutes - 2 days! Sorry if this is me complaining but this really irritates me. I don't care if KHP used to roleplay with 8 roleplays at a time but right now, this is one of the situations that is making the roleplays to go downhill. All of you are trying to make 3-7 roleplays when we are not at that point of even doing that right now. Everyone has something to do in school and more and none of the roleplays never get completed if we keep this up with creating ooc's at ridiculous times.

I say just join 1-2 roleplays. Make 1-2 ooc's. Every 2-3 weeks, we can make one more ooc if we want. We can improve on each other that way and we don't have to worry about running to this roleplay and we can still post in the other sections that we love (Which needs attention anyways). Once we can focus on the 1-2 roleplays, then we can start moving it up to at most 3 roleplays and oocs. I'm sorry but this is just me and it really bugs me Nicole. We cannot be in "8 roleplays" at a time. Actually, some of us cannot even handle being in 8 roleplays simultaneously and some of us would rather like to talk about other discussions too.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  4. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Of course not, only I was the one who was in all RP's.

But actually, that's all we have at the moment Summoner, yet there's still no activity in them at all.

5. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

Mind if I laugh at this effort? I mean, sure, you've got good heart here, but come on. There is no "Former glory", except for the lack of membership this site has. "Downhill". Seriously? Downhill? Nothing's gone downhill. Just newer members make newer threads and the older members don't do as much. The newer members aren't as experienced, whoop-de-doo. There isn't some sort of "Oh my god, this place has gone to the dogs", there is a "Oh, some new people are here." Like, honestly?

The "RP School" thread/idea has failed miserably. Several times. Let sleeping dogs lie.

And you know what? Restricting people from making OOCs will destroy this area. Mark my words, if that happens, this place will die. So what if people makes more OOCs? If they slip out of one RP, it is the GM's job to rope them in! Too often, GMs are passive about what they should be attentive about.

6. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

I'd have to agree with Requiem on this; at least for the most part.

Things are about the same as they've always been, at least so long as I've been. The quality of RPs stands at about the same place as I remember it being when I first reared myself up around the forums. A few people, as I've seen, have come along pretty well as far as being able to pump out the badass posts and such. But other than that, the only real difference is, as mentioned, a fair number of the people that used to float around the section have either stopped RPing, or left the forums altogether. And in lieu, newer, less experienced RPers have come along.

If your trying ti imply a "golden age" of RPing here, I'd have to say that based on what I've scouted from passed RPs, there really hasn't been anything of the sort here just yet. All of the "movements for improvements," have pretty much become bland and useless. Yes, I'd like to think that the last one was pretty effective, at least for some people. But there's no point in making a new improvement movement just because I few new people have come through that aren't quite up to snuff.

I can personally say that I don't do post up anything in an RP unless I know that it's the best I could possibly put out. If there really is a need for improvements, then that's where people should be starting; with nothing less than their best.

7. Haresuno

Haresuno KH-3's Übermensch

I'm just curious, but can you get a role call for all the active RPers here?

8. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

Pumping this thread up.

Lets get some new active members in here lets really take the RP section by storm.

9. FON

FON A Lazy Comic Artist

I second that.

I want to see this place get really active, and thriving with many players.