• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Imminent Rebirth

Discussion in 'Roleplay Arena' started by Become, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

It's been too long since I've last battled anyone anywhere. This challenge is open to anyone willing to accept it. I will be using a rendition of my long-time, yet lately underused/unused character Glyde, applying what would be his most up-to-date capabilities.

This battle will, however, be the last time that I utilize Glyde under the present backstory that I have built for him through prior roles on this site. This battle will constitute, in my mind, a continuum event, from which I plan restart the character from the ground up. In that sense, I would call this my proper send off to a character of mine that once held a place closest to my heart. a glorified scrapping of what was to make way for what will be.

Due to the many snags I've had in truly developing the character, I will be eschewing the use of a traditional character sheet in favor of shedding (or attempting to) light upon his armaments and abilities through the narrative of my introductory post. I will hold this challenge as open to all comers for the course of a week, during which time all who are interested will be expected to present their characters in similar fashion.

The expected power scale will be within a mid-tier range; high proficiency in the magic standards of the Kingdom Hearts universe (Firaga, Blizzaga, etc), governed under the applicable mechanics thereof (mindfulness to limitations in magical power, strengths and weaknesses of elemental match-ups where applicable). There should be no presence of energies or forces that are not canonically present within the KH-Verse (eg, magics from other canons, and powers stemming from sources of our own original designs). Basically, I expect this battle to be representative of a more grassroots Kingdom Hearts style, though reasonable creativity within the functions of spells and abilities thereof is welcome.

"Crossroads again." A single, soft, low-toned voice, broke the lingering silence over a vast, forlorn field.

Emerging from a gale-riding veil of dust and sand, a man of a quarter-century's plight strode forward, into the heart of a branching intersection diverging out in four directions. There, he planted a last footfall firmly onto the compacted ground, hardened grain crunching under the labored weight of a boot-clad step. As a sentinel, the young man peered from one branch of the cross to another, quietly agonizing over the decision looming before him: which road to take? With one eye, his left, a black-as-night orb, he saw only the span of path vanishing beyond the horizon; with his right eye, a dull-glowing, pupil-less orange, a clearer vision of energy and the nature of each path came to view. Yet even this higher sense could only discern so much about such matters... Scanning wasn't meant for this application.

The decision remained a heavy one in his Heart...

Glyde...

A second voice, recalled from a distant memory, echoed through the young man's thoughts. Yes, he thought, rhetorically. That was his name. At least, it had been the name he had gone by for so long that he could only theorize on what his true name must have been; if, sure enough, he had ever had a true name to begin with. Uncertain if he should feel ashamed or not, Glyde dawned onto the realization that he had nearly forgotten that name as well. "Maybe it's better that way though," he thought aloud. Then, he fell into a lull of silence. Both eyes darting from one path to another in no concrete sequence, he resumed his contemplation. Perhaps it would be easiest for him to simply stay upon the crossroads? Would that even be allowed? An eternity in a Purgatory was far better than any span in a Hell.

He labored over this decision until his right eye caught on to the impending presence of another... maybe more than one. Expectant of hostilities, he frantically searched his surroundings for a weapon. As if answering his call, a blow of dust revealed a familiar visage: a relic resembling an enlarged Key, harking to the look and feel of a rifle adorned by a bayonet. The bladed fixture upon the underside of the barrel was planted securely into the earth... like the sword in the stone, it was ready to be removed from its resting place. Feeling foolish for having forgotten his most trusted companion in Marksman, Glyde approached the weapon. Grasping the handle after what felt like an eternity, he felt the soothing relief that came with knowing he was protected.

With an emboldened heave, he parted the Keyblade from the ground.

Weapon in hand, he turned face towards the approaching newcomer. A sense of assurance came over him... he had only come prepared for just such an occasion. A near-decade of conflict and travel had strengthened him in all regards. His resolve to survive empowered by the frequent close-calls with death; his body and mind honed over the years of hardships he had endured.

His magics had also grown over time, encompassing the his highest known proficiency in the elemental standards of his youth's formal education. And he had only built upon these spells, channeling them, along with raw magic power, fluently through the rune-like circles taught to him by a long-lost love. These, with the innate firepower and elemental channeling allotted by Marksman, and a certain proclivity for aerial maneuvering would serve him well out of his technical toolbox. Further, being clad in a weave of mythril by-product laced into his garments, particularly the knee-length trench coat behind which the rest of his form was hidden, eased his weariness.

Standing solemnly, a awaited the arrival of his company.

2. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

I WILL BE POSTING THIS WEEKEND AT SOME POINT. BE PREPARED FOR BATTLE

3. deltamind

deltamind New Member

Waiting for it ;)