• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Heart of the Ocean <Desert Warrior+Hope>

Discussion in 'Original Roleplays (IC)' started by Nova, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

Heart Of The Ocean
    [​IMG]

"You have three months, princess." she heard Helena laugh through the stormy air but she wasn't sure if that was just a mixture of that horrible thunder and her hallucinating or if it was some form of magic from the sea witch. Neither of which seemed very welcoming but then again nothing did at the moment. She didn't know how long she had been swiming trying to find some form of dry land that she now needed to survive but it seemed like forever. Talis was wasn't sure which way was up or down anymore. She grew up in the water and it was no problem to live in it before. Now the feeling of the salty cold water against her face was suffocating. She couldn't figure out how anyone could swim with these two skinny little things called legs even with the help of her arms but both pairs of limbs felt iron heavy. Her lungs hurt with every short breath she managed to take inbetween moments when the water would overtake her again. and her light blue hair in her face made it impossible to see. The waves were everywhere here on the surface and the lightning and thunder terrified her as it screamed across the surface of the water and struck the high waves which were throwing her in every which direction.
    I'm going to die... she thought to herself hopelessly through the panic of the storm And then the hope of both worlds are finished! a drop of water slid down her cheek but it didn't make it completely down to her chin before the water overtook her again. The last thing she remembered was a sharp pain on her head as the waves threw her against something hard and then, sleep finally took over.
    "Steady men! Careful." the cheif of police was saying as they pulled an unconsious woman from the rocks by the small island near Topell. There were really no residents on the island just a few people would visit it durring the day because of it's scenary and closeness to the ocean.
    But on a man's early morning patrol of the shore, he thought he saw something in the water. At first he thought it was a piece of driftwood and nothing more but as he shined a flashlight he realized it was a woman!
    Ever since 4 in the early morning, he and a couple of police men, and some locals were franticly trying to save the young woman but it was hard because she had a lot of injuries from the rocks so they didn't want to cause her more damage and her arm was caught underneith one of the rocks, which may be the leading cause she got stuck in the water in the first place. It was now seven o clock in the morning, they finally managed to pull her up onto the shore. The woman was very pale and her hair was an unusual color being an aquamarine color of blue. She was very shabishly dressed in a swimsuit top of a strange fashon and a torn up piece of dirty white cloth had been hastily wrapped about her waist. She was laid out on the sand as soon as she was pulled from the water. "What the hell was she doing out there at four in the morning in the first place?" one person in the crowd asked. No one quite knew the answer for sure but the majority of the people were thinking that she must be a competitive swimmer and had gone out so early to be able to train in the open water instead of durring the day when there were so many people in the water as well.
    The sun was raising from the horizon as a local man reached down to check her pulse. "She's alive barely. We should get her some professional help quickly does anyone have any idea who this woman is? Or does anyone have a cellphone that we can call an ambulence with?" menwhile he was tearing a piece of cloth from his sleeve off to tie around the wound on her head that was staning the sand rapidly.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  2. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

--Later that day--

"Hey Lance, didja hear?" A pink haired girl asked as she ran up to a young man sitting at an outdoor cafe.

The young man looked up at the girl. "Obviously not, since I haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about. What could have possibly happened that would be so interesting here of all places."

"This morning, a police officer found a girl. She was knocked out on the little island off the coast. Her arm was stuck in the rock and everything."

"That sucks." Lance replied, sipping from his drink. "Is she okay?"

"Nobody knows. They found her unconscious and were trying to get her free for at least three hours. She's in the hospital right now. I was gonna go see her soon."

"And how are you going to get them to allow you to see her."

"I'm gonna lie and say she's family. Duh. Do you want to come with me?"

"As much as I'd love to partake in your risky endeavors, I'm busy. Be sure to tell me how she is if she's awake when you go there."

"Will do." Alice smiled, did a mock salute, and ran off.

Lance watched her run off, her hair waving in the wind. He sighed. "Even when somebody could have died, she seems so cheery."

3. Nova

"Ok dont panic." A young girl was whispering to herself, swimming back and fourth in a pacing type way in a cave not far from where she saw her unconsious sister taken by the humans, bleeding to death. She had stayed as long as she could, a small distance from the shore watching them. But eventually she had to leave, when the scent of Talise's blood started attracting sharks.

Aqua was friendly with all creatures, but blood as pure as Talise's would drive the creatures mad. She didn't want to be around to face their addiction-caused hunger.

"I'm sure she's fine. She's not dead or they wouldn't have called for that big white vehicle to take her away." she tried to reason with herself, but then again, the young mermaid had no idea. For all she knew, the flashing lights could mean that the passenger was dead. Would they chop up Talise into pieces like humans did to their other dead? Burry her? Consume her in... what was that word again... fire?

The thought of the horrors that awaited Talise alone on the Human world caused Aqua to hyperventalate. To calm herself, she allowed herself to sink back under the surface of the water and she lay on the floor of the dark cave, closing her eyes in the dark silence of the water and taking comfort in the atmosphere she grew up in. "It will be alright." she thought to herself. She wondered how long it would take before Talise could let her know she was alright. She hoped not long.

"Why do you think she was out there?" one nurse asked the other.

The two women were in to check on the unconsious girl for the third time that day. Her heart rate was back to normal and some color had returned to her face. The two nurses -one being a woman in her 40's with greying red hair and a grouchy look on her face, and the other a younger girl who looked as though she just barely graduated from highschool with short springy black hair and a cute smile- had been discussing the girl since they had been placed in charge of her earlier that morning.

"I haven't a clue, Brenda." the older woman was saying. "Here, place the IV and let's go. We have other patients to attend to today."

The younger woman looked reluctant but she took the needle attached to a medication tube that her superior gave her and carefully placed it into the back of the blue haired girls hand. She noticed the girl's eyes flickered a little at the pinch of the needle and looked hopeful but the red head dismissed her hope "That's normal. Her concussion is pretty severe." she said as she finished securing the bandage around the unconsious girl's head "I wouldn't expect much out of her until late tonight if not today at all."

"What if she's a fast healer?"

The red head laughed "Unless she's inhuman, I doubt it. Now come on. We've spent enough time with her, our other patients will need our help now."

The two nurses left. Talise got a glimpse of the pink nurses uniforms as her eyes fluttered open. The first sound she noticed was that irritating beeping sound that made her head hurt every time she heard it. The light was a worse bother though. Where am I? she thought to herself, uneasy.

4. Desert Warrior

"Hello, I'm here to see somebody." Alice spoke to the person at the reception desk of the hospital.

"Friend or family?"

"Family. She's my cousin. She was admitted this morning. The girl the police found on the beach."

"Do you have any proof of blood relations to this girl. How are you sure she's your cousin."

"The description the police officers gave of her sounds exactly like my cousin LeAnn. May I please see her. My mom's worried sick. LeAnn's like a daughter to her. I need to see how she's doing so my mom can stop worrying."

"So that's her name." The receptionist muttered, writing the name down on a list. The receptionist then sighed. "Your cousin is fine, just asleep right now. I'm not sure what visiting her will do. But if you really wanna go, she's down the hall, third floor, room 385."

"Thanks." Alice smiled, taking the visitor's sticker and hurrying off to the location.

5. Nova

*sorry about the late answer.*

"Good to see you're awake." Talise heard from the doorway.

she turned to see a pretty young girl standing there. She had short curly dark hair and a nice smile. She was wearing a pink nurse's uniform. "I told my instructor that you were going to wake up today. She didn't believe me." she giggled.

Talise frowned "Do I know you?" she asked, trying to be polite but it was hard with her confusion.

"I'm sorry but no." the girl looked worried "My name is Brenda and I'm your nurse. May I ask for your name?"

Talise thought for a moment. But she was surprised, she couldn't think of at all what her name could be. "..." she started to panic.

Brenda noticed her confusion and she walked to the bedside "How old are you?"

Once again, Talise was at a loss.

"Can you tell me why you were in the ocean last night?"

"I dont know..." Talise finally admitted to both herself and the nurse. She couldn't even remember her own name.

Brenda looked a lot more worried now. "Please wait here for a moment." she left the room. On her way out, she ran into a young lady with pink hair. "Oh, excuse me." she said, and was about to walk past her, to find the doctor. But then she paused and looked back at the pink haired girl "Were you here to see her?" she pointed back at the room with the girl they found in the ocean. She looked hopeful "Are you a relative of hers?"

6. Desert Warrior

"Yep." Alice answered. "She's my cousin. When my mom heard about what happened to her this morning, she became so worried. So she sent me here to check up on her. Her name is LeAnn." Alice then hurried over to Talise's room.

Alice shut the door behind her. "Where should I start?" She asked Talise as she sat down. "Well, for starters, you were found injured on the beach this morning. You're the talk of the entire town. 'Mystery girl found unconscious on the beach.' So you were taken here to this hospital. I lied to the people, saying you're my cousin, just so I could come and find you. Do you have a name? Or should I just stick with what I've been telling people, that your name is LeAnn."

7. Nova

Talise gave the girl an odd look, trying to make sense of it all. She was found on the beach? Where was she now? What on earth is a cousin? She couldn't even bring herself to answer the pink haired girl's question. 'My... name?...' she thought to herself. She just couldn't remember. "I... dont know." Talise finally answered, appologetically and feeling a bit embarassed.

8. Desert Warrior

"That's a bummer." Alice muttered. "So much for learning anything interesting. If she can't remember anything, then the doctors will keep her here for a while."

-------

Lance was standing at the beach, near where Talise was found earlier that day. He was skipping rocks into the water. "So this is where they found that girl. I wonder if she's alright." Lance stopped for a moment, reached in his pocket, and took out his cellphone. "Well Alice hasn't called me saying anything bad happened to this mystery girl. Is it okay for me to assume she's alright?" Lance put the phone back in his pocket and started skipping rocks again.

-------

"I suppose if you can't remember anything, there isn't much you can do until you remember again." Alice spoke again. "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Alice." She held out her hand. She saw Talise's confused face. "Usually when we meet new people, we shake their hands, like this." Alice grabbed Talise's hand and gave her a handshake.

9. Nova

Aqua watched from below as the rocks skipped over her head and then skid into the water a good distance away. It was pretty facinating to watch. Of course, she had skipped rocks before. She and Talise use to compete with eachother on who could skip the farthest when they were younger on deserted islands. Aqua never could beat Talise at it though. The human was pretty good at it. She wondered if he might be better at it than Talise. What a sight that would be! Aqua giggled, feeling in a bit better of a mood but she was still scared to death for her sister. The morning was passing to noon and yet still she heard no news of her. She watched the white haired boy pull out a device from his pocket and heard him say

"Well Alice hasn't called me saying anything bad happened to this mystery girl. Is it okay for me to assume she's alright?"

The young girl frowned. Did that mean he knew of Talise? Was that the mystery girl? Aqua decided it would be good to stick around for a while, just to make sure. Maybe if she waited, his friend would have information that Aqua could learn by spying.

________

Talise gave Alice an odd look but she shook her hand. Not like most humans would. She just shook the hand small and fast and then let go and pulled her hand back. She didn't know what was going on but she knew she didn't like this 'hospital' place. Alice seemed like a nice enough person. "Why not just call me LeAnn for now." she suggested. "Like you said before."

10. Desert Warrior

"I guess that'll work." Alice said. She pulled out a phone from her pocket. "I've got to call a friend of mine. He wanted to know if you were alright."

She opened up the phone, pressed some buttons and put it to her ear. Once she was done talking in it, she closed it and put it back in her pocket. She then spoke to Talise again. "If you still can't remember anything when you get out of here, you're welcome to stay at my place. I'm sure my sister won't mind at all."

------

Lance's phone went off. He took it out and answered it. "Hello? Oh, how is she? Well, aside from the memory loss, at least she's alright. I don't know how to cure amnesia. I'm no expert, but I think you'd just have to wait for the memory to come back to her." Lance put the phone back in his pocket. "How does one manage to be seriously injured on the beach and end up with only amnesia? How is she even fine? From what Alice was saying about her, she shouldn't be in good a condition as she is in."

11. Nova

Talise took the time that Alice was using to speak into her device to look at her surroundings. That abnoxious beeping sound was still making her head throb and she noticed it was comming from a weird boc with a black screen and a green moving line across it. She reached out to touch whatever it was and fent a sharp pain on the back of her hand and it didn't go very far. She looked down and barely noticed that something was taped to the back of her hand that was attached to a bag hanging next to the bed. It was full of a clear liquid. Carefully and curiously, talise started pulling the tape off of her hand, ignoring the dull pain it brought when it pulled at the object it was holding in place. That's when she noticed, to her disgust, that the object was half way inside of her skin. She carefully pulled it out and was even more grossed out when she saw how long the thing was. She pulled it up closer to her face, examining it as Alice started speaking to her again.

She looked for a place to put the needle as she answered Alice, but seeing none, she assumed the best place to put it was with its partner. So she raised it up, sharp end facing away from her and she tried to stick it into the bag full of liquid. This resulted in pain medication and antibiotics spilling all over the floor. She tried to ignore her surprise as she looked back at Alice "where is this place exactly?..." she asked "I s your sisters house like this one?"

RebelMurf likes this.
  12. Desert Warrior

"Ah! You're not supposed to do that!" Alice exclaimed, moving towards the IV to stop it from spilling. "That was in you to try and help you get better. And umm.... This place is a hospital. When people are hurt or sick, they come here to try and get better. And no, my sister's house isn't anything like this. Technically it's not even a house. She lives in an apartment building. We both live there, actually. My parents are always away for work, and my sister convinced them to let my stay with her. It's a lot more stable for me, so I don't constantly move around with my parents." Alice looked around for a nurse. Nobody was looking through the window to see her holding the IV in a way to stop it from spilling everywhere.

13. Nova

Talise frowned "Then... I'm sick?" she said, "I dont feel hurt." she looked at the way alice was holding the IV and realised she must have done something stupid "I'm sorry." she said, trying to sit up. Suddenly, she felt something strange. She looked down and noticed the two bumps sticking up under the cover at the foot of the bed. She threw off the blanked and saw that they were a part of her. Why was this sight so unusual to her? So facinating? Alice had them too... at least Talise could only assume so. The ends of Talises were each ended by five smaller apendages, like her hands. Alice's were covered by black coveres. She saw Alice walking on hers, and her curiosity acted for her. She turned her body and let her legs dangle over the edge of the bed. The floor felt cold on her bare feet and it was a familiar, welcome feeling to her. She was beginning to feel hot under that blanket. She couldn't figure out why the sight of her own legs and feet was so unusual to her but she ignored the feeling and tried to stand like she saw Alice and the nurses doing.

*haha talise has a short attention span*

14. Desert Warrior

Alice looked at her a little strangely. "I know you have amnesia and all, but what is with you looking at your feet like that? It looks like you've never before seen a foot in your lifetime." Alice hurried over to Talise and helped her stand. "You must have it real bad. You seem to not even remember what it is like to walk. I hope you remember soon, or they're not gonna let you leave here for a long time. And then you wouldn't be staying with me and I wouln't be able to help you get your memory back. Do you have enough strength in your legs to stand on your own? Or do you still need some support?"

15. Nova

Talise looked confused but she let Alice support her for a moment "I... dont know." she said, feeling stupid she couldnt even remember something that seemed so simple and basic nature for everyone else. After a moment she took an unsteady step forward and let go of Alice. The ground felt unsteady and unfamiliar to her but she managed. Resting her hand against the wall for balance, she tried again. It was a little easier this time. The young nurse came in and looked like she had almost died of shock "Oh my goodness what are you doing out of bed!?"

Getting tired of all the attention, Talise acted without really thinking and lied "Oh, I am sorry. My cousin here came in and I am beginning to feel much better." she smiled "I was about to come find you and thank you for your help but I will be returning home now." it was all lies she had no idea where 'home' was and she knew Alice wasn't her cousin but the hosipital creeped her out.

16. Desert Warrior

"Yeah." Alice smiled, continuing the lie. "I was just about to go call my mom and stuff. She should be able to handle all the insurance stuff and whatever else is required to leave here." Alice quickly ran out of the room into a bathroom, grabbing her cellphone. She quickly dialed a number.

"Hey sis. Could you do me a huge favor?"

"What is it Alice."

"You know that girl they found on the beach this morning? Well, I'm at the hospital she's at right now. Anyways, I lied saying she's my cousin so I could go and see her, and I said she could stay with us for a while. She has amnesia and doesn't remember anything."

"No."

"What? Why not?"

"Do you know how much medical bills cost? And we're probably gonna need to bring some form of proof that this girl is related to us. It's too much of a mess to even bother with."

"Please? I know money isn't an issue for you. And doesn't your boyfriend know how to make some false documents?"

"How'd you know about that?"

"Gotcha. How's this? You help me this time and I won't tell mom and dad about your boyfriend."

"Blackmailing your own sister. That's just not right." Alice's sister sighed. "Fine. But you owe me. Big. I'll be there in about an hour."

"Love ya. Oh, and when you get here, you're my mother, not my sister."

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Alice's sister replied before hanging up.

Alice then returned to Talise's room. "Alright. I gave her a call. She'll be here in an hour."

17. Nova

Talise nodded and the Nurse looked confused "Oh... ok." she smiled and looked at talise "I suppose if you're going to be leaving soon we should get you back into some clothes." she sighed "Unfortunately most of it is damaged beyond repair from your accident. I dont think you'll feel very covered in them. If you need, you can borrow some of mine until you return home."

Talise just smiled though she wasn't 100% sure what the woman was talking about "That would be very nice. Thank you." she said politely. The nurse nodded "I'll go get them. I can just go home in my uniform today." she walked out the door.

Talise looked at Alice, she was a bit excited to be leaving the hospital "How long is an hour?" she asked.

18. Desert Warrior

Alice smiled. She pointed to a clock that was hanging on the wall. "Assuming you don't know how long a minute or a second is, basically an hour is when the small hand." She pointed it at it, then motioned her hand down from the number the hour hand was on down to the next number. "Moves from one number to the next. Once it has done that, an hour has passed."

-----

"I can't believe she is willing to blackmail her own sister." Alice's sister sighed. "All for some girl who doesn't even know her own identity. So much of this doesn't even seem right. Why couldn't that one boyfriend of her's rub off on her. Lance. He was a good guy. Why couldn't she take more of his good qualities?"

-----

Lance looked at his watch. "Absolutely nothing to do." He sighed. "Might as well go home or something. It's not like that girl is going to gain her memory any time soon. At least Alice said she seems alright."

19. Nova

*OOC: O Geez Im such a slacker! kHow do you put up with me! haha

IC:

Talise nodded at Alice's explanation "Ok..." she said. Just then the nurse returned. "Here you are." she said with a smile "You seem to be about my size, maybe a bit smaller but these should fit you just fine." she handed Talise an oversized pink T-Shirt and denim shorts along with a pair of white sandals. Talise stared at the big pile of fabric, unsure how exactly she was going to find out how they worked. The nurse didn't seem to notice her confusion "You can change in the bathroom." she said, confusing the look on Talise's face as embarassment.

Talise nodded and walked in the direction that the nurse was pointing. With some difficulty, she managed to pull off the white hospital gown that they had provided before she awoke. When she was finally free of the thing, she tossed it at the wall, eager to get the thing away from her. Then she looked over the denim shorts. She attempted putting her arm through one of the holes but that really didn't seem right.

"I appologise about the size of the shorts!" she heard the nurse call in. "You are a little bit taller than me so they might not fit you quite the same as they do me. I hope you aren't too uncomfortable with your legs."

"Oh so these must be shorts..." talise thought to herself, taking the heavy denim off of her arm. Feeling a bit foolish, she called back out to the kind young lady "No they fit fine. Thank you." she said, though she couldn't really tell if they fit ok or not. It didn't take her much time at all to figure out the zipper and button, though they did facinate her.

Next trial was the shirt. She picked up the long mass of pink fabric and looked it over, then slipped it over her head and arms. She wasn't exactly sure what to do with the long things hanging from either end of it (the sleeves) so she settled on wrapping them around once and then tying them in the front. (shirt now looks like a sleeveless thing with a bow in the front.). Satisfied with her work she slipped on the shoes, they were pretty self explanitory though they felt really weird on her feet.

"Kind of unusual isn't she?" she nurse whispered to Alice. "Has she always been this... curious?"

Talise walked to the door and opened it. The nurse looked over her and laughed "Well I think you wear that shirt better than I do. I never thought to do that with the sleeves."

Talise blushed I knew I did it wrong! she thought to herself.

The nurse laughed "Dont be embarassed dear it looks adorable. I'm going to start wearing it like that. You're quite the fasion artist. Maybe it was a hobby of yours?" she suggested, trying to spark a memory. Talise only shrugged.

The nurse shrugged "Perhaps." she said, answering her own question. "Anyway I have other patients to see. You girls will just have to wait here until your sister can come get you. Let me know if you need anything." she left the room.

For the next hour, Talise practised walking. It really wasn't hard to get the hang of after a few minutes. She talked with Alice about a number of various subjects, trying to spark any memory she might have of her life before today. Time seemed to fly by before the nurse poked her head back in "Girls?" she said. "Theres a young woman here to pick you up. All the forms are taken care of. You're good to go."

20. Desert Warrior

"She'll be fine." Alice answered the nurse.

-----

"Let's see... The receptionist said that the room was this way." Alice's sister muttered. "I hate hospitals so much." She walked into one of the rooms.

"Oh hey, you're here." Alice smiled.

"Yeah. It's good to know you're all safe now." Her sister faked a smile. "Let's get going now." "I really don't want to be here too long."

"Come on LeAnn. Let's get you home. Hopefully you'll remember stuff." They all left the hospital and headed towards Alice's house.