• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Galuf, FFV

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy I-VI' started by Kitty, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

So, someone who shall remain nameless spoiled it for me in the fave characters thread that he bites the bullet. My question, without any spoilers, is how long is he with the party? I'm currently just passed the shattering of the water crystal in Waltz Tower. Is it worth leveling him up and teaching him new jobs?

2. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Yes. All his jobs and experience will be transfered to his replacement. And honestly, these threads should be understood to contain spoilers. How long he lives, I'll leave unspoiled.

3. Kitty

Yeah, these games are older than shit. But still. v_v Just once I'd like to get through a game where an important character dies without knowing about it ahead of time. v_v

And thanks. I wasn't gonna waste time teaching him a variety of jobs if it was all gonna go to waste, but since it will be transfered to (I'm guessing) the blonde chick in the game booklet, I guess I'd better get on that.

I'll leave this thread open to discuss the greatness that is Galuf.

4. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

If it makes you feel any better, I knew about Aeris before that happened as well. My cousin was playing it while I was there and he didn't bother to tell me to get the hell out so I don't learn stuff I don't want to know yet. I figured he was just running around doing leveling things. I didn't actually see her die, but I saw the materia bouncing down and heard her theme in the background. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to put two and two together.

And yes. Galuf is the man. Sure, the cranky old man character is kinda cliche, but who cares? He's just awesome.

5. Kitty

He doesn't really seem that cranky to me. Not in the cantankerous way Cid Highwind is, for example. But so far he rocks anyway. I'm liking learning more about his history. I didn't expect him to blurt out that he's from another world.

6. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Meh, cranky isn't quite the right word, but I couldn't think of a better one, so that's what I said. And how much do you know already? How far into it are you?

7. Kitty

I'm not very far. I randomly decided to start over, so right now I'm supposed to be getting a black chocobo and hauling ass back to the Library of Ancients. I've seen Galuf flashback to his granddaughter and the sealing away of X-Death, but that's it so far.