• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Final Fantasy XV: Ascendant (IC)

Discussion in 'Canon Roleplays (IC)' started by Reira, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Reira

Reira New Member

In the remote Kingdom of Axion...

As the night comes to an end, the world begins to stir and the sun begins to rise. Thin, golden strands of hair fanned out around the rousing body of Aria Andraste, as she too began to wake from her sleep. Eyes fluttering open, she stared at the ornate ceiling above her. The decorated walls of her room had always seemed too noisy for her liking. She didn't find things too extravagant to be tasteful... or perhaps she just never cared for such things. Sitting up, she stretched briefly before abandoning the plush pillows on her bed, sliding off the large thing and slowly walking towards her bathroom where she would begin her morning routine.

It never took her much time to get ready, though as her grey eyes fell upon clothes that had been put out for her to wear, she hesitated. Moving aside the golden jewelry placed on top, she picked up the soft fabric and raised it up, eyes setting on the many fluttering layers of a long dress. She frowned and carefully folded it back up, decided that wearing something more casual would be best for today. From there it took only ten minutes or so for her to be fully clothed in some jeans and a tank top. She'd kept her usual black choker on, but adorned herself with the golden bracelets and earrings she had set aside. As she turned to exit her bathroom, she stopped before the tall mirror to gaze at her reflection. Her pants fit her snugly, almost too much, and her tank top showed off her bust nicely. Sighing, Aria ran a hand through her hair.

"Eighteen today, huh?" she thought to herself. "Finally a woman."

Smirking, Aria turned from her mirror and headed on her way. She got up early to see to a few tasks she only trusted herself to do. As she walked through the halls of her large home, heeled boots clicking softly, a few passing maids spoke in greeting to her and she acknowledged them with a kind smile as she headed towards the family's garage. They had far too many cars and motor bikes than they even knew what to do with, but they were her father's pride and joy. Normally, he or some of their servants would wash them occasionally, though there was one no one was allowed to touch.

"Up early are we?" spoke a familiar voice as she entered the large garage.

"Good morning, Father." she responded, looking around but not seeing him.

"A good morning it is indeed. It better be on a day this special." he spoke as his tall figure emerged from behind one of their larger black cars. Aria smiled and walked over to him, noticing he was covered in dirt, practically from head to toe.

"I see you've been busy. Hard at work huh?" she asked him, crossing her arms and admiring the just cleaned car. She could see her reflection in it.

"Yes, yes, as always." he said, wiping his hands on a rag before moving to stand before her. "Come, let me look at you, my daughter." he said softly, reaching his hands out and gently cupping her face. Aria's eyes locked with his dark brown ones, and though his face held a smile, they didn't reach his eyes. She knew why, and the fact made her eyes fall from his.

"You won't find yourself in me, no matter how hard you look." she told him firmly.

He was quiet for a long while before he chuckled and lowered his hands from her face. "You are wrong about that, Aria. I see myself not in your face, perhaps, but in your eyes. I raised you not to be like me, but to be whoever it was that you wanted to be. In doing so, you grew to be strong, determined, and kind, with a heart softer than even mine, my daughter. You are exactly as I always wanted you to be." He laughed boisterously as her cheeks turned rosy and she ran an embarrassed hand through her hair. "But most importantly, you're eighteen now. A true woman in the eyes of the world... and how time has passed us by. It seems not more than yesterday you were no taller than my knee. Now look at you..."

Aria looked on as her father just now seemed to take in what she was wearing. First a raised eyebrow, then a frown displayed on his face. "You did not like what I had the maids set out for you?" he asked her, and when she shook her head he sighed. "Well, did you have to wear that? Hardly leaves anything to the imagination." he stated matter-of-factly.

"Dad!" she yelled, covering her chest and turning away from him. "I'll wear what I like!" she told him firmly, her face red as a beet.

"Is that really how the Princess of Axion should be dressing? It's hardly appropriate." he said, running a judgmental hand through his beard.

"Oh, stop, I'm no princess and you know it." she said, looking over her shoulder at him. " And besides, I came to clean brother's car. He wont let anyone touch it and refuses to clean it himself, so I came to do it. He can get mad if he wants, but it has to be done. It's embarrassing being seen with him driving the thing." she said, looking around the place for her brother's car.

"Speaking of your brother, Aria..." Her father started, his change in tone made her turn to look at him.

"What of him?" she asked, thinking of what kind of trouble he could have gotten himself into this time.

"When you finish here, summon him and you two are to meet me in the dining hall. There's something important we need to discuss pertaining to his future."

"His future?" she repeated, her head tilted a bit in confusion.

"Yes... and your's as well, Aria." he told her. "I'll be waiting." he said to her, turning and making his way out of the garage.

His words confused her a bit, but Aria didn't bother to dwell on it. She had a job to do now. Eyes glancing to the floor, she noticed her father had left his bucket of soapy water and she went to it, picking it up with both hands and shuffling down the long line of cars until she found her brother's. She frowned at it, the glistening black peeking out beneath the thin layer of dirt that caked the surface. Reaching into the bucket, her hand gripped a big sponge and she lifted it, squeezing the water out.

"Don't worry, I'll make you look like new." she said to the car as she took the sponge to it.

Shortly after, she was finished, with little but water splashes on her jeans. After cleaning up and putting everything away, she made her way towards her brother's room. As she walked the halls, bright rays of sunlight illuminated the space through the windows, revealing the true color of the bright red carpet beneath her feet. Aria admired it as she walked, watching as her light footprints faded almost instantly. when she finally made it to the door of her brother's room, she lightly pressed her ear to it, unsure if he was even away yet. Not hearing anything, she raised her hand and knocked lightly on the door.

"Lucien? Are you awake?" she asked, waiting for a response before knocking again. "Lucien? Father wants us to meet him in the dining hall right away. He sent me to come get you." she called through the door.

Stepping back, she crossed her arms and waited for a response.

2. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

It was a quiet morning, the cool breeze ruffled the sheets upon a empty bed. The large room adorned with trophies and medals of the young masters achievements. " Tch..." Lucien stood leaned against the wall of his room his messy blood red hair hung down over his face. it was clear he was not ready to start the day. Lucien's room was a perfect mirror of his personality. His clothes lay about the room. left over food was sitting upon his desk and he seemed to be perfectly tranquil with this.

"Ugh...today is her birthday she'll be pretty pissed if i don't get up early. eh...whatever"

leaning forward He took a few steps forward past his bed. the morning rays bled through the window as he strode past the lights his well toned figure seemed to almost gleam. it was no secret that Lucien cared about his physical appearance, he typically calls himself a god because of it. Kicking the closet door open he yanked down some black pants and slid his feet into his black boots. they rarely stayed laced however.

Before he had a chance to put on a shirt a sudden knock came at his door. Not being in any particular rush he did not respond in fact he ignored it and continued tossing around shirts.

"Lucien? Father wants us to meet him in the dining hall right away. He sent me to come get you."

"Tch...evermore the early one she is, whatever."

Lucien proceeded to open the door in response, as the door opened the sun beamed through from behind him. His hair disheveled, shirt missing and his jeans barley on. After a large yawn he looked at his sister and responded with a sly grin.

" Sup."

3. Reira

Reira New Member

Aria was surprised when her brother's door suddenly flew open. Assuming she'd be waiting for a while like usual, his unexpected presence threw her off guard a bit. He came at her chest first (as that was eye level for her) with the sunlight illuminating his figure as if he were some God that had just descended from the sky. Taking a step back, Aria tore her gaze from his body and locked eyes with him.

"I believe you meant to say, "Good morning, sister dearest. You grace me with your presence." right?" she asked him, her eyes squinting as the sunlight burned at them. Raising an arm, she took some steps forward and pushed past him gently, walking into his room towards the window that was facing the sun, piercing the room with it's light. She reached up and closed them firmly before moving to an adjacent window and opening that instead. Again the sunlight spilled in, though it's light was less harsh. "I had a feeling you'd barely be awake." she said, looking around the room. She cringed inwardly at the mess before her. "Why does it smell like you're hiding a body in here?" she asked with a shake of her head.

Sighing she took to cleaning up what she could. Not that she could invade any more of his space at this point, Aria cringed at the thought of her brother having to live in such a mess. She wanted to scold him like their father did, but years of growing up with him taught her that Lucien was the type to do more of something if he knew it pissed someone off. So instead she quietly went about picking up his things and putting them away. She set aside his shoes, hung up a few shirts that seemed clean enough, and tossed the ones that smelled like death in the laundry bin. Occasionally she eyed him, silently challenging him to stop her in her pursuit of tidiness. She knew it bothered him that others touched his belongings, but he also knew she didn't give a damn.

"Finish getting ready at least while I'm doing this. It's best we don't keep father waiting. Though I can't imagine what you did this time to piss him off. Why it has anything to do with me, I don't know." she said to him, tossing a shirt his way.

"Did you remember today was my birthday, Lucien? I hope you spent a lot of Gil on my present this time." she said suddenly, putting him on the spot to see what his response would be.

4. NeRo

I believe you meant to say, "Good morning, sister dearest. You grace me with your presence." right?

"Ha! as if."

Lucien rolled his eyes as she gently forced herself into his room. truthfully he was sort of embarrassed that she saw his room the way it was but he didn't care enough to do anything about it of course. Bit by bit she started invading his presence by not only messing with the curtains but she started touching his belongings. " Hey! don't touch tha-" one by one every time he tried to touch something she had already picked it up and moved it to its "proper "place

"I had a feeling you'd barely be awake"

" First of all i'd be sleep had today not been your birthday."

He said in a arrogant tone as he sat down on his bed and began watching her tidy his room up. He felt like helping but again he didn't care enough to actually follow through with it.

"Why does it smell like you're hiding a body in here?"

"This is what a man's room smells like, if you actually get one maybe you'd know that"

Lucien laid back on his bed and chuckled to himself loudly for a brief moment. contrary to popular belief he cared deeply for his sister.

"Finish getting ready at least while I'm doing this. It's best we don't keep father waiting. Though I can't imagine what you did this time to piss him off. Why it has anything to do with me, I don't know." she said to him, tossing a shirt his way. "Did you remember today was my birthday, Lucien? I hope you spent a lot of Gil on my present this time."

Catching the shirt in mid air by simply raising his arm he spoke out. " Yea yea, what does the old man want now, i swear with him its Lucien do this, Lucien that's not becoming of a prince. " Mocking his fathers voice.

As he spoke he was getting dressed quickly. Walking over to his desk he opened the first drawer, grabbing two red bands the first he took and placed it on his wrist. moving the clutter around he found a silver ring which he slipped onto his middle finger. " A man has to keep up appearances ya know."

" It's always something with the old man, so honestly sis i don't know what his deal is. Oh and uh....about your gift, i kinda blew all my gil on this sick sword i found online. But uh....tell ya what, since its your 18th birthday. I'll give you something that no one else has.."
    He rolled his eyes at the thought of it.

" Tch...you can ask me to do ONE thing, anything and i'll do it....no matter what it is...." (
    he began to mumble ) it better not be something corny either.."

Fully dressed now he grabbed the second band and wrapped his hair into a spikey pony tail. Moving behind his sister his body was directly upon hers. he reached over her and grabbed his black jacket and casually tossed it on. Heading to the door Lucian sprayed a bit of cologne on himself " and leaned on the door.

In a smug tone he spoke to his sister " Lead the way princess...."

5. Reira

Reira New Member

As Aria finished arranging her brother's room as best she could, she couldn't help but steal a few glances towards him as he finished getting ready. The things he'd said about their father weren't too far off from the truth, but she still couldn't help but worry. She'd started to get that uneasy feeling in her stomach, and she laid a hand on it. Lucien was... a trouble maker, and that was putting it lightly. Though she loved her brother deeply, those who shared those feelings for him were few and far between. He had a burden on his shoulders, a weight that Aria would likely never understand, and it was sure to be a reason why he was so... temperamental. Deciding not to think too hard on it, Aria reached for a hanger to put up the last few shirts she had draped over her forearm.

As she tried to push aside her worry, Aria listened more closely as Lucien came up with a grand excuse as to why he had no present for her. Again. She sure hoped that sword was worth having to deal with her oncoming wrath...

"But uh... tell ya what, since its your 18th birthday, I'll give you something that no one else has. Tch...you can ask me to do ONE thing, anything and i'll do it... no matter what it is... It better not be something corny either..." he'd said quickly, as if he knew he was going to face a scolding. Not turning, she paused briefly and thought on what he had said. A favor to be done no matter what? Aria didn't think that sounded half bad, though she wasn't about to tell him that. Though as wrong as it might be, the first thing that flashed into her mind was...

"As if I'd even ask him that..." she thought to herself, blushing lightly in embarrassment.

"I can ask for anything?" she asked, laughing lightly. "You tempt me, brother... though I will need time to think on that."

As she reached up to hang the last shirt, her lips parted as she was going to continue her words, however she suddenly felt a light weight leaning against her. Looking over her shoulder, Aria saw that it was Lucien reaching past to grab one of his jackets. His sudden closeness surprised her and the hanger in her hand slipped free of her fingers. Flustered, she quickly crouched and picked it up, trying to act nonchalant as he threw the jacket on and strode to the door. Inwardly, she cursed at herself. By nature Aria was shy and clumsy, easily frazzled, though she wished she wasn't. Growing up, Lucien had spent plenty of time teasing her about these things. Though thankfully, it didn't seem to amuse him much anymore. Clearing her throat, she placed the last shirt in the closet and closed the door. Turning to her brother, she spoke.

"If you're ready then, let us go." she said, walking over to the door. She stopped in front of him and eyed him up and down for a moment before reaching up and fixing the collar on his jacket.

"Lead the way, Princess." Lucien said with attitude.

Rolling her eyes, she lowered her hands and strode past him. Leading the way to the dining hall, she pushed a few golden strands of hair away from her face that repeatedly fell forward. After a few times of patiently tucking them behind her ear, she groaned softly. Frustrated, she pushed all her hair back with her fingers, gathering it so that it fell tamely behind her, the ends brushing lightly against her exposed lower back. Briefly, she considered cutting all of it off to spare the annoyance. Once that small matter was taken care of, peace fell upon her as she calmed and listened to the sounds around her. Aria could hear the loud thumping of her brother's boots behind her, her own footsteps only a fraction of a second ahead of his. Voices of the maids and other servants as they gossiped among themselves drew louder and softer as they neared and walked past whatever rooms they were tending to. As the pair neared the dining room, Aria could hear the sounds of pots and dishes being moved about, as well as her father's boisterous laughter.

"Well at least he seems to be in a good mood." she said, looking over her shoulder at Lucien for a brief moment.

Once she neared the doors, Aria reached out and pushed against one of them, the large door groaning in protest as it opened, revealing another profoundly decorated room.

"Ahh, my children! Come, come, have a seat and a drink with me!" he said, standing as the two entered the room.

"Don't you think it's far too early for you to be drinking, Father?" Aria said, leaving Lucien and taking her place at the table on her father's left side. "I'll have water, thank you." she said, giving a judgmental eye at her father.

"It is never too early to celebrate, my dear Aria. In fact, you're finally old enough to partake in the festivities." he said, reaching out and laying a hand on top of hers. Aria smiled and shook her head. "Skip the festivities, Father, and let me enjoy this day in peace. You know that is what I want." she said to him.

"Yes, yes. You've never been one for parties. Far too timid." he said, his tone sad.

"Hey! I wouldn't go that far... And anyway, you said you wanted to talk to Lucien. Well, I've brought him." Reaching out, she lowered her father's hand as he raised his glass of ale to his lips, and spoke to him kindly. "Speak now, Father. You yourself said this was an important matter."

Nodding, the man lowered his glass and crossed his arms, eyes closing as he seemed to be lost in thought. Aria sat back in her chair and crossed a leg over the other as she waited for him to speak.

"The matter is," her father started, "At dawn tomorrow morning, I'll be sending Lucien away; and you, Aria, are to go with him."

Blinking in confusion, Aria stared at her father briefly before her eyes looked towards her brother.

6. NeRo

Lucien reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. the battery was low since it sat in his pocket all night. Not paying attention to his surroundings. he almost ran into his sister as they stopped at the large double doors. Sitting at the table sat his father, he seemed to be slightly intoxicated which was probably the source of his seemingly happy demeanor.

" Sup old man, what you want"

Ahh, my children! Come, come, have a seat and a drink with me!

" Ha! now you're speaking my language."

Lucien took a seat diretly across from his father. Food was already laid out on the table for them in front of him was large meat that seemed to be seasoned perfectly. Gripping the bone he started to shovel food into his mouth not paying much attention to what His sister and father were saying until..

"The matter is," her father started, "At dawn tomorrow morning, I'll be sending Lucien away; and you, Aria, are to go with him."

Lucien dropped his food and with a large swallow he slammed his fist on the table.

" You can't send me away from here this is my home old man, i'm Prince Lucien of the Axion Kingdom. 2nd Heir to throne...."

Lucien's fist was trembling in anger and his eyes....they were like staring into the eye of a devil.

Taboo Sho likes this.
  7. Reira

Reira New Member

Aria jumped slightly when Lucien suddenly slammed his fist on the table, rattling the nearby glasses which she reached out to steady. Though his reaction was expected, she looked to him with concern in her eyes.

"Lucien, calm down. Let him expla-" she started, though she was shortly cut off by her father's loud voice.

"Prince in blood you are, but you have done little to earn that title you so boldly speak." he said firmly, the traces of drunkeness in his voice all but faded. "Powerful you are, my son, but a Kingdom cannot be ruled on power alone. The simple fact is, one day you'll be expected to take my place. Ultimately..." he said, locking eyes with the fiery one's of his son across the table."You're no where near ready." he said, reaching for his glass. Their father swirled the liquid around inside, pausing only momentarily. "I had hoped that leaving you to your own devices was the best way for me to see what kind of man you'd grow into. I tried my best to give you the freedom to be who you wanted, and while the same seemed to work for your sister, you've seem to have lost your way, my son."

Aria's back straightened a bit as her father's gaze fell from her brother and landed on her.

"There is much you can learn from your sister, Lucien. Not a drop of royal blood flows in her veins. She was born into the underbelly of this Kingdom, her first memories of death, despair, hunger... Yet since we took her in, she's grown to be more worthy of the throne to this Kingdom than you."

"Father please..." Aria started, her eyes falling to her lap as she fell silent out of respect. The man looked away from her and locked a stern gaze towards Lucien.

"You, born of my own flesh and blood, raised in a life of luxury, never wanting anything, are not yet fit to rule." he said. "I've decided that now, we'll see what kind of man you'll become when those things are taken from you. You are to leave with Aria... Leave, and return only when you learn some humility, compassion, learn to put other's before yourself, learn some conviction. The qualities you lack will keep you from ever taking your place on the Throne." he finished, picking up his glass and taking a long swig of ale.

Aria sat silently, frozen in place and processing her father's words. To some degree, they made sense, though they were ones that were only going to aggravate her brother. She didn't know if this, sending him away, was the best way for Lucien to... grow? Change? She didn't understand exactly what her father really expected her role to be in this.

"Aria."

Looking up, Aria nervously answered. "Yes, Father?"

"I know you can see it. I grow older, more tired by the day. I need now more than ever for your help in this. You love your brother very much, this much is certain. It is selfish of me to ask this of you, but there is no one else who know's him better. You must go with him. Keep him safe, out of trouble, and are not to let him return until you think him worthy. That much, I will leave up to you." he said, gaze shifting back across the table towards Lucien.

"Argue as you like, my son, but my mind had been made. There is no other option for you." he told him, dark brown eyes challenging.

Aria squeezed her hands tightly together and looked towards her brother, a look of guilt but worry on her face.

8. NeRo

Every word his father spoke each syllable to leave his lips he clung to like a lion ready to claw its prey. How could his father strip him of his title, his fortune, his life. This was foolish, through Lucien's eyes he blamed his father. Day in and day out he was put through rigorous training, magical and martial arts. he's become a capable fighter at he expense of his childhood. Ever since he was a child he was told " You are Lucien 2nd heir to the throne prince of this kingdom" Never once did anyone ask if that was what he wanted for his life.

"There is much you can learn from your sister, Lucien. Not a drop of royal blood flows in her veins. She was born into the underbelly of this Kingdom, her first memories of death, despair, hunger... Yet since we took her in, she's grown to be more worthy of the throne to this Kingdom than you."

The more his father spoke the angrier he became. Of course he'd take a shine to little miss perfect princess Aria...everyone loves Aria, how she carries herself. She's amazing in the eyes of everyone and Lucien is stared at like a bastard.

" Tch of course you'd take her side, little miss perfect in your eyes..."

"Argue as you like, my son, but my mind had been made. There is no other option for you.

Without warning. He kicked the table sending his chair sliding backward slamming against the wall breaking into pieces as he stood eyes still locked with his father.

" You should know me better than anyone is this trash kingdom. you'll need an army to rid me of this place. You want me to change who i am to inherit what already belongs to me?! Compassion for who?! peasents who got a bad card in life! huh old man, fuck em!"

Opening his palm particles of light began to spin around his hand. a large beam of light appeared. in its wake a long silver blade materialized in his grasp.

" Humility! Why! i'm the best that ever was, i've won every contest, im the leading martial arts champion 4 years in a row, Humble for what! everyone is beneath my palm. Of all things you ask of me you want me to show conviction. Well let me show you this. Unless you can move me i'm not leaving this palace and there isnt a thing you or anyone in this palace can do about it. i am Lucien! That of Royal Blood, the blood of the Axion Empire runs through my veins! "

Taking a fighting stance a forceful gust of wind pushed things away as his power bellowed out.

" You will have to force me out if you want me gone old man..."

Taboo Sho likes this.
  9. Reira

Reira New Member

Leaving - Part 1
    A collaboration between Vox and Reira​

Aria couldn't do much but look on, stunned, as her brother drew his weapon before their father. The man sat still and silent at his seat, glaring at Lucien through narrowed eyes. Not once before had Lucien pulled a stunt like this. Slowly standing from her seat, Aria turned to her brother.

"Lucien, don't do anything you'll regret, brother." she said to him calmly.

" I think we both know it's far beyond this point. He want's me gone and the only way im leaving is if he forces me out....im sorry sister but this is what it is."

"But-" she started to say, only to be stopped as her father raised a hand towards her.

"Aria, leave us. We all know how this is going to end." he said, finally standing from his seat.

Lucien stood firm with a sly grin on his face. " Oh so you've finally decided to do something now huh old man...? You and i both know you dont have the stamina to keep up with me, so just leave me alone and let me do as i please"

" Aria remember that sword i bought...' Lucien opened his left hand and the second blade was summoned into his hand. " Well it looks like i'll get a chance to use it.."

Moving to her father's side, Aria placed her hands on his arm.

"Please, I don't want either of you to get hurt." she said, her voice full of worry as she looked towards her brother.

"Worry not my daughter. This is a moment everyone must expirence... Fighting for what you want." the man said, light gathering in his hand before materializing into an axe that was larger than life. Clutching the thing tightly with both hands, a sudden gust of energy rippled out of the man, pushing Aria away from him, causing her to stumble and fall back onto her back. She winced and sat up, seeing that the rest of the items in the room had been pushed aside. The only thing that stood between the two men was pure rage.

Standing on shaking legs, Aria turned and ran from the room.

"I will give you one final warning my son. Stop this foolishness now, and go peacefully." their father said, knowing his words likely wouldn't reach his son at this point.

" ENOUGH!" He charged forward throwing one blade directly at his father. charging behind it he forged a two fold attack. Jumping overhead to slam down upon him with the second blade. " You're not quick enough to stop me!"

Smirking, Lucien's father removed a single hand from his axe and stretched it out before him, ready for the oncoming attacks. "That may very well be the case, Lucien." he said as the sword coming directly at him pierced a barrier that suddenly appeared before him. As Lucien would charge with his attack from above, his blade would be met by the same barrier. "But I am afraid you are not strong enough to defeat me, my son."

" Tch..." Jumping back he summoned the blade from being stuck in the crystal barrier. " You intend to hide behind crystal walls eh...then i'll just break them!" Lucien sped forward slamming the barrier with a barrage of slashes and kicks making cracks in it the more he crashed into it. " I'll break it before long old man!"

"You will soon learn that strength and raw power will only take you so far." Lucian's father told him, a disappointed frown deepening the wrinkles on the man's face. Gripping his axe again with both hands, the black weapon began to erupt with sparks of lightning surrounding it. With a roar, the man raised his weapon and sent a large sweeping slash towards Lucien, meant to only push him back rather than hurt. The energy that rippled out of the blade was so concentrated that the slash could be seen.

Meanwhile, Aria, who had run out of the room in a panic, went seeking help from her father's second in command. He was a close friend to the three of them, and someone she trusted with her life. She just hoped she'd be able to find him in time to keep someone from getting hurt.

" Oh ho ho so that's how it's going to be!?" Lucien doubled back and placed both his blades ahead of him to brace for the attack. as it approached he began to murmur a strange phrase" Incursio..." The powerful attack roared forward and clashed with his blades. Pushing him back bit by bit he forced it upward causing it to collide with the cealing.

" Impressive but i got some tricks up my sleeve as well..." He again charged forward but this time his blades were swirlng with magic one engulfed in flames the oher in ice. " You're not geting away from this one!" Slamming the ice blade into the floor it created a circle of frozen spikes around his father. Lunging forward his blade now fully engulfed in flames was ready to plunge directly into him. " This is why i will rule this kingdom!!"

"You are a fool!" his father yelled as Lucien approached. Raising his axe with both hands, it appeared as though the man was going to attack directly, but instead he threw it aside, the force sending the blade wheeling around rapidly. Lucien's blade made contact with his father's flesh, slicing the man's side, but he did little but flinch at the attack. With another roar he raised his booted foot and kicked Lucien back, directly into the line of his swinging axe that had looped back around like a boomerang.

" Augh!" He yelled as he took the forceful boot to the chest sending him flying back, " You think i'll let you just-" Before he could react the large axe collided with him, he tried to brace with his one sword but it wasnt enough. Lucien took the force of the attack and was slammed over the table and into the wall leaving a large indent. He began to laugh menacingly. Slamming the sword into the ground to help him stand he spit out blood from his mouth. " Geeeaahhhhhhh!!!! INCURSIO!!!" A massive blue and white fire engulfed his body, his eyes turned a pale blue his hair spiked up, his entire body eminated that of white pure light. His skin becam to turn to scales and his teeth became jagged.

Stunned, Lucien's father looked on as his son began to transform right before his eyes, and the man knew exactly what he was trying to do. "Lucien... when did you...?"

" You...you didnt know about this father...arent you proud of your son now...HUH?!" His voice sounded like that of a demon as if there were two souls speaking as one. Opening a single palm a powerful beam of blue magic. "I have become a GOD!"

"Lucien! Stop this now!" his father yelled at him. Suddenly Aria and the King's second in command burst into the room, staggering at the force of the energy coming from Lucien. Aria looked towards her brother in fear.

"Is that Lucien?" she asked aloud, looking towards her father, the expression on his face doing nothing to calm her.

"My King! What has happened here?!" the commander asked, running over to him.

"Don't worry about that, I will fill you in later. We need to restrain him. Now!" their father yelled.

"Restrain me!!? Only a fool would try such a task! So this is what is is now father you'd bring your weak army to fight your battles, ill soon put down your dogs as well..."

Lucien was no longer talking as himself it was as if something had taken over, and made his darkest desires apart of the physical plane. He dashed forward his face looking like that of a deranged mad man. " This is where this ends!"

Paying no attention to the words of his son, King Andraste ran forward, his commander behind him, and light once again began to form an object in his hand, this time, instead of any weapon of sorts, it seemed to be some kind of metal band. Behind him, his commander launched out several spears of ice that struck the ground near Lucien, the cold substance slowly engulfing his feet, crawling upwards. In the blink of an eye, the commander seemed to vanish, only to appear a fraction of a second later, positioned directly behind Lucien, waiting as the King approached.

With no fear in his eyes and no intent of dodging any attacks his son might unleash, the King reached his son in a matter of moments. Behind Lucien, the commander placed both of his hands on his shoulders, and ice began to engulf his body. Knowing it would give only a split second of immobility, the King reached forward and pulled Lucian's head back by his hair and latched the metal object, a collar of sorts, onto his son's neck. In an instant, the energy that rippled through the room dissapated as it all started to be sucked into a small jewel in the center of the collar.

Dropping down to his knees he started coughing and screaming in pain. His power was drained and warped. He suddenly felt extremly exhausted but that did not stop him." Why...did you think..th...that something so stupid..." He stood on one knee struggling to stand. but fell back down. " i'll be damned if...you remove me, this is my home..." Reaching for his blade it slowly slid into his grasp. Pushing it down he was able to use it to lift himself up.

"So..this is the game you play..." Lucien took a few steps forward and collasped. " Well done...King."

Sighing, the King took a step away from his son, the commander doing the same. A moment of silence filled the room before the King finally spoke.

"I am sorry, my son." he said, kneeling down towards Lucian. "I fully accept that it is because of my own failure as a father... you ended up like this." Reaching forward, the man grasped the small jewel between his fingers and gently pulled it free from the metal collar. "You will understand one day that it is not power that makes a King... but destroys one."

Slowly the ice began to fade from around Lucien, and no longer able to stay away, Aria ran forward towards her brother, kneeling next to him and turning him over. The expression on his face was pained, and it brought tears to her eyes.

"Father... this is not ok...." she said, looking up at the man, his back already turned.

"Take care of him, Aria." was all he said before he strode out of the room, his commander behind him.

Taboo Sho likes this.
  10. Reira

Reira New Member

Leaving - Part 2​

Only minutes after her father and brother's quarrel, Aria could hear the footsteps of some people entering the room and nearing the pair. Leaning over him protectively, Aria turned to glare at the people coming closer. She noticed a few servants as well as the family nurse were looking at them with worry. Seeing Aria's expression, the nurse stopped in her tracks.

"My lady, we're only here to help." she said, her response from Aria was a furious shake of the head.

"I can heal him myself..." she said softly, looking down again at her brother, the tears in her eyes blurring her vision.

"You have not your Scepter with you. Please, let us take him to the infirmary. You may come with us if you wish." the nurse insisted.

With a moment's hesitation, Aria gave in and nodded. Immediately the nurse and her servants moved forward with a thin stretcher and placed her brother atop it. When a hand reached out before her, she took it and stood on her feet.

"Come, we must hurry before the frost spreads." the nurse said, pulling Aria along behind her. Resisting and pulling back, Aria shook her head.

"Do what you must, I will see to something first and then I will come." she said. Nodding, the nurse and her servants left with her brother to go tend to him. When she was alone, Aria sighed heavily, wondering how the day could have started so good, and quickly turned her world upside down. Leaving the room, Aria would make her way to her own private chambers, thoughts of her and Lucien's future weighed heavily on her mind. The quiet that now fell upon the castle gave way for her unwelcome thoughts. she wanted to ignore them, and so she pushed them aside as she entered her room and began to gather her things. Since they truly had to leave, she would only bring the things she would need to survive. Essentials and nothing else, as she believed in packing lightly. Pausing as she passed her desk, she looked at a picture of the three of them many years ago, when she had first became a part of the family.

Aria had been blessed at a young age, adopted into the royal Andraste family that ruled her kingdom, taken from the cruel streets where she was born and raised until about the age of five. By then, she had seen the worst of what a poor beggar's life had to offer. Her only memories of back then were ones that haunted her, even to this day. Lucien, not many years older, had showed her the kind of life she had dreamed of, and made growing up as royalty interesting to say the least. The two had always been close, did almost everything together, despite it all, they grew up to be nearly opposite in personality. Despite Lucien's off putting nature, cocky demeanor, and bad attitude, Aria loved her brother to death, would do anything for him... even if it meant having to leave the comfort of her home and return back to the world she feared.

Picking up the picture frame, she turned it over and removed the photo, folding the thin paper and sticking it into a pocket of her shoulder bag. A change of clothes, Gil she had saved up over a year, and her cellphone all went inside with it. Typically, Aria carried no weapon other than her Scepter, a gift given to her by her Father that belonged to his late wife. Lucien's mother. This time, however, she reached into a drawer and puled out a small pocket knife her brother had gifted to her some time ago. She never thought she'd make use of it, but this time she couldn't be too safe. As she paced around her room and gathered some other things, her final stop was at her closet. She pulled out a thin, hooded, tan faux fur coat and draped it over her bag. Pushing aside some clothes revealed a small box, only about a foot long in length. Opening the latches on either end and raising the lid, Aria's grey eyes looked down upon her Scepter.

"Sirona... It's been a long time." she spoke softly to it, reaching inside and pulling out the small object. The bright jewel in the center seemed to swirl and glow as Aria's magical energy came in contact with it and Sirona expanded to its full form. Named after Lucien's late mother, this magical Scepter was Aria's only weapon, and it helped focus her large amount magical energy. Unlike her brother and Father, Aria wasn't born with their natural talents and control over their powers. She never liked to fight, and instead prefers to use her magic over Light to heal and protect others. With no need to have it on her now, Aria allowed to weapon to retract to its smaller form and placed that too into her bag. With everything she needed on her person, Aria gave one final look at her room, the room she loved and hated so much, before she left and shut the door behind her.

Her next mission before going to see Lucien was to do the same for him; pack him a small bag of essentials that he needed, so he didn't have to do much once he woke up. She felt nervous going to his room alone, so she rushed and entered quietly, closing the door behind her. She wasted no time finding his backpack and stuffing it with a change of clothes and anything else that looked important. Aria wasn't too worried about them needing too much, with the gil she had saved up, the two of them would be able comfortable for a few weeks at least, and by then they would have figured something else out. She wasn't going to think too far ahead at this point, as she was on the brink of losing her cool.

When she left Lucien's room, she grabbed his car keys that hung on a hook next to the door and stuffed them into his pack, shutting the door and hefting both bags up onto her shoulder. She briskly walked towards the nursing wing, looking inside the rooms to see which one her brother was in. As she peered into one room with the door half open, she saw her brother lying on a bed at the far edge of the room. Sighing in relif, she gently kicked the door open, nodding in greeting to the few people inside.

"How is he?" she asked the nurse as she dumped the two bags on the floor, taking out her phone from her bag.

"He's going to be fine, just needs rest." the nurse said as Aria approached the bedside. "We've stopped the frost spreading and healed his skin. Other than a few bruises, there's nothing else to worry about." she assured.

"Thank you, ma'am." Aria said, forcing a small smile.

"M'lady."

With a bow, the nurse turned and ushered her assistants out of the room. "I've set aside some food and water there on the table, along with some medicine for pain. I insist he takes it once he wakes." she said, turning to Aria once more.

"Thank you, I will see to it that he takes it." Aria replied, eyes glued to her brother. With nothing more to say, the nurse left and shut the door, leaving the two alone in the room. Lucien's expression was calm and his breaths were long, as if he was in a peacefully deep sleep. Looking around her, Aria spotted a chair and pulled it right up to the bed, resting her elbows on it. As she casually studied her brother, she noticed that his long, fiery red hair had broken free from its ponytail, framing his face. Reaching out, she took a lock between her fingers and toyed with it, noticing that it felt even softer than her own.

"Figures you'd worry more about your appearance over anything else... And here I thought you never showered." she said with a light laugh. "Idiot."

Freeing his hair, Aria leaned back in her chair and pulled out her phone. She didn't use it much, so was surprised that the charge was so low. Aria had friends, though only a handful of those she really could trust. Opening her messages, she clicked through until she found the name she was looking for. Staring at the name, she hesitated before turning the thing off and stuffing it into her pocket. She groaned in frustration as she leaned forward and lowered her head into her hands. She stayed like that, internally freaking out before a noise from her brother brought her head up. He had shifted uneasily in bed for a moment before he stilled. Looking at him, Aria felt a strong urge to protect her brother. She couldn't afford to be weak now.

"Don't worry, Lucien, everything is going to be alright." she said to him, knowing her words probably didn't reach him. She reached out towards him and took one of his hands in both of hers. "We've gotten through much worse than this."

With that, Aria let the room fall into silence, until only the sound of her brother's breathing remained. She lowered her head onto the bed and closed her eyes, willing her mind to find peace in it's chaos.

Taboo Sho likes this.
  11. NeRo

It was morning, the sun beams started to peek through the curtains. Lucien slowly opened his eyes and stared at he cieling for a brief moment. No words could really be spoken, nor were any worth speaking. Honestly everything was hazy for him last he remembered was feeling a powerful draining feeling then his body going limp.

"Ugh....ahh shit...." He sat up slowly and held his ribs. he was still pretty sore but functional. Looking to his right his sister was sleep soundly by his side. Letting out a huge sigh he tapped her head gently.

" Eh....get up will ya?"

12. Reira

Reira New Member

It was already the next morning before she knew it. The previous day, Aria stayed at her brother's side, not leaving the room except to go to the bathroom. She hadn't expected him to sleep the entire day away, but honestly, Aria didn't mind that much. Being near her brother and making sure he was still alive was enough. She had nothing more important to do.

When Lucien finally woke from his slumber, Aria was in a light sleep. Try as she might throughout the previous day, she was unable to sleep more than a few minutes at a time. The emotions running through her head of worry, guilt, and fear were enough to keep her up and pacing throughout the night. At some point, she had reached her limit and passed out with her upper body resting on the bed Lucien was on. As her brother woke and sat up, she wasn't roused at all, but the light tapping on her head was enough to get her eyes fluttering open. She groaned softly as she sat up, her back aching in protest due to sleeping in such an awkward position. She brought a hand up to her face and rubbed her eyes with the back of her palm. It wasn't until she blinked a few times that she noticed Lucien was awake and her grey eyes fell on his.

"Lucien! You're alright, thank goodness." she said, quickly standing from her chair. She reached out towards him, intent on placing a hand on his head, but hesitated before lowering it. "Lucien, I..." she started, eyes falling as she wanted to apologize to him, for nothing of her own doing but for everything as well. Nervously, she ran a hand through her hair, looking anywhere but his face. When her eyes fell upon the tray of food on the table, she went to go get it.

"Oh, here. This is for you, Lucien." she said, bringing the tray to him and placing it next to him on the bed. She picked up the water as well as two small pills, holding them out to him. "This is for your pain. Take them and don't complain, alright? she said, sitting back down. She eyed the food that was on the plate, a simple sandwich loaded with meat and vegetables that would fill him up after being asleep for so long. Her stomach growled softly and she looked away, embarrassed, crossing one leg over the other.

"Eat and then when you're ready, we should leave. I brought a few things from your room that I thought you would need." she said, pointing to his backpack near the door. "Your keys are there as well... Once we're out of here we can decide what to do next, alright?"

13. NeRo

Lucien didn't say much, to be honest there were a lot of things he felt he needed to stay but what purpose would it serve. His eyes fell onto his sister but he noticed she wouldn't look him in the eye. Slowly turning his head downward he let out a deep breath.

" Aria i..."

"Oh, here. This is for you, Lucien." she said, bringing the tray to him and placing it next to him on the bed. She picked up the water as well as two small pills, holding them out to him. "This is for your pain. Take them and don't complain, alright?

"Tch...fine"
    He took the pills quickly. But he wasnt so tired that he didnt notice his sister was hungry.

"Eat and then when you're ready, we should leave. I brought a few things from your room that I thought you would need." she said, pointing to his backpack near the door. "Your keys are there as well... Once we're out of here we can decide what to do next, alright?"

" Tell me something, augh...shit" he exclaimed sitting out of the bed. his feet placed on the firm ground he groaned a bit frustrated, his body felt weak. Extending his hand he attempted to summon anything. a dim light appeared but nothing happened, small crystal particles formed but nothing was shaped they simply turned into dust that drifted into nothingness.

" I see....so that's his game."

Picking up the bag next to hers he didn't question it he grabbed his keys and stood at the door threshold. Backtracking his steps he picked up the large sandwich and broke it half. he took one large piece into his mouth and handed the other to his sister " Let's go...."

14. Reira

Reira New Member

Aria looked at her brother with wide eyes as he casually slid from the bed and readied to leave. Standing quickly from her chair, she turned to him, ready to question if he was really alright to leave, though she stopped herself.

"He probably doesn't want to stay here any longer than he has to." she thought to herself, eyes falling to the ground. Following his lead, she too reached for her things, grabbing her thin coat to throw around her shoulders before reaching for her bag. She tossed the long handle across her body and paused as Lucien held out half of his sandwich to her. Hesitating only a moment, she reached for it as her stomach groaned loudly, causing her to blush in embarrassment.

"Thank you." she said softly, taking a bite of it. She sighed happily as her hollow stomach was filled. As the two of them left without a word, Aria dug into her pocket and pulled out her phone once again, turning it on. Quickly, she found the name of one of her closest friends and sent them a message.

I'm going to be calling in that favor now.

A moment later, a buzz.

Already? Well a deals a deal. What do you need?

Aria kept her reply brief, not wanting to get into any details now.

Just need a place to stay for a while, that alright?

The reply was instant.

Of course, anything you need.

Thank you, I'll fill you in when I get there. See you in a few days.

With that, Aria shut off her phone and stuffed it into her bag. Looking at her brother, she elbowed him in the arm to get his attention before holding out her hand for the keys.

"I don't trust you driving today so let me. I know a place where we can stay." she said, giving him a reassuring smile.

A few days later...​

It took the pair three days of driving to reach their destination. The trip was fairly peaceful, save for their usual sibling bickering. The two of them had taken turns driving, and stops were limited to small inns, though they never stayed in them, just went to use the bathroom and buy some food to keep them going. Eventually, after three nights of sleeping uncomfortably in Lucien's cramped car, they arrived in the large industrial city of Terrace. Located at the southern tip of the Axion kingdom, the city was known as the backbone of the kingdom, as many of its resources were shipped around the country from this location. Jobs in the city were plentiful and overall quality of life was good. With a friend who owned a popular Bar in the city, Aria was sure the two of them could stay there and find their way over time.

Behind the wheel of her brother's car, Aria pulled up to the Bar her friend owned, parking the car away from the others. As she peered out her window, she could see her friend standing out by the front door.

"We're here." she said to her brother, removing the keys from the car and dropping them in his lap. Opening the door, she emerged from the car and stretched, not noticing that her friend had approached and engulfed her in a hug.

"ARIA! It's so good to see you again!" her friend said, squeezing her tightly.

"I'm glad to see you're doing well, Axel." she said with a smile, wiggling free from the large man's grasp. She turned and quickly grabbed her bag from inside the car and closed the door. "I really appreciate you letting us stay here." she said, stepping out from between him and the car, the closeness triggering her nervousness.

"Bah! Anything for you, Princess." he said, placing an arm around her shoulder, trapping her at his side. "Who's the guy?" he asked, looking to Lucien.

Smiling and blushing a bit, Aria looked to her brother. "This is my brother, Lucien. I believe you two met a very long time ago... Brother, this is Axel. He's agreed to let us stay with him until we find a more permanent place to stay."

Axel smirked and looked Lucien up and down. "The famous Prince huh? Good shit." he said, moving forward and reaching a hand out towards her brother to shake.

Again, Aria tried to casually wiggle free of Axel's grip, not very fond of being held like she was, though his arm around her was firm. She sighed then and just let him be. If there was one thing she didn't like about her friend, it is that he was far too touchy for her liking, though she supposed she shouldn't be complaining since he was being so hospitable.

15. NeRo

After days of driving and bickering it seemed the finally reached a destination to stay for a while. Lucien didnt really care much for these sorts of places but at the same time he didnt feel the need to complain. His feet were out the window while he laid his arms behind his head in the car.

" Were here" Aria said as she tossed the keys into his lap. He only rolled his eyes and sat upright and slowly got out the car. Until he heard a burly voice greet his sister.

"ARIA! It's so good to see you again!"

He raised and eyebrow for a moment as half his bod was out the car, " The fuck ...?" This guy was oddly excited to see them or rather not him but Aria. then again she was the princess so maybe thats what it was about. Lucien got out the car and leaned on the hood. He looked completely disinterested in the introduction. except he did notice this guy was getting a bit too comfortable with Aria. Luciens arms were crossed as usual in his casual demeanor.

"This is my brother, Lucien. I believe you two met a very long time ago... Brother, this is Axel. He's agreed to let us stay with him until we find a more permanent place to stay."

Axel smirked and looked Lucien up and down. "The famous Prince huh? Good shit." he said, moving forward and reaching a hand out towards her brother to shake.

Truthfully no matter what he did he carried his aura of " cool" wherever he went. His spikey red hair stood up as he tilted his head examining the guy. "Tell ya what bro, if you want to keep that hand i'd suggest you keep them far from my sister or i'll break both ya arms. " He said it in a casual voice but also one that demanded respect. Getting off the hood of his car he reached in the back seat and grabbed his back and walked past the guy intentionally bumping him by the shoulder.

" Tch..."

Lucien strode away and leaned by a nearby tree. " im not stayin in this shit hole..."

16. Reira

Reira New Member

Aria frowned at Lucien as he didn't look to have any interest in introducing himself to her friend. When in fact, he threatened the man, Aria's scowl deepened into a glare towards her brother. Though thankful as she was that Axel lowered his arm from around her, the way Lucien spoke to the man who was giving them a free roof over their heads was nothing more than disrespectful.

"This is the kind of thing Father was talking about, and he wonders why everyone thinks he's a delinquent." she thought to herself.

Axel chuckled as Lucien brushed past him, bumping shoulders as he did. "Well, he's just as much of a joy to be around as I remembered." her friend said sarcastically. "I'll take the hint though. Meet you inside, okay?" Turning, the man stuffed his hands into his pocket and strode into the Bar, giving Lucien a sneer as he passed. Aria placed a hand on her head, sighing as she started to walk towards the door.

"I'm not staying in this shit hole..." she heard her brother mumble under his breath as he leaned against a tree, brooding. At hearing that, something in Aria snapped and her eyebrow twitched angrily as she set her sights on her brother.

"Excuse me?" she asked, her voice pleasant but menacing at the same time. She strode right up to him, standing not even a foot away, and glared at him right in the eyes. "You want to repeat that, dear Lucien? It seems to me you still have no idea what exactly is going on here, and the position you, and I, are in. So, shall I remind you?"

Reaching up with a hand, she pinched a big portion of Lucien's cheek between her fingers, pulling hard on it.

"You are in no position to be complaining about your current situation, brother. I'm the one who should be complaining about this. Or did you forget, I too was stripped from my comfy bed as well, all because I have to keep an eye on dear Lucien who can't stay out of trouble for more then ten minutes?" she complained, tugging at his cheek occasionally. "We're in this situation because you have a lesson or two to be taught. So here, Lesson One: Empathy. E-M-P-A-T-H-Y. Definition: The ability to understand and share the feelings of someone else. Freeing Lucien's cheek, she crossed her arms across her chest. "In a way you can understand: Learn to say thank you when someone does you a favor. No one owes you anything, and yet all around you, people are trying to help you even in the smallest ways they can... even me."

Taking a step away from him, getting out of his face, Aria looked around her. "I don't like being out here either. Being away from home scares the hell out of me... Having the responsibility to look after you scares me too... it's always been the other way around." she told him. Glancing at his car, she pointed to it. "The past three nights I had to sleep with you in that tiny car instead of staying at an inn like a normal person. Why? Because I know you wouldn't be able to last a night without picking a fight with someone. Until now, I didn't complain. I have a feeling I'm going to hate all of this just as much as you are..." Looking back at him, Aria's eyes fell on his and she held them for only a moment before looking away, blushing. Nervously, she ran a hand through her hair.

"I'd do it all again though... I'd do anything for you, Lucien. So don't make things harder on me." she said, twirling a lock of her long, golden hair around her pinky. "Let's try to make the best of Axel's hospitality. Even if you hate it, alright?" Nudging him in the arm, she pushed him away from the tree. "Now go inside, before I pinch your other cheek." she said, a small smile pulling at the corner of her lips.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  17. NeRo

Lucien stood there and let her scold him. every time he tried to get a word out she had a rebutle. " Yea but..well see. Ugh its not like- would you let me-"

"Now go inside, before I pinch your other cheek." she said, a small smile pulling at the corner of her lips.

" No! you go inside and rest i'll be out here if you need me i'll just check out the area. Thanks for the lecture mom!" He moved her hand and strode past her. No one really understood how Lucien felt, he was placed into a position where he didnt want to be. " This is bullshit" He said as he got in his car and slammed the door closed. Grabbing the key's from his pocket he turned on the ignition and pulled off from the bar. People were standing around the bar whispering things that he heard before leaving " Is that the prince?" " He looks very immature doesn't he?" I heard he's a delinquent..."

Lucien sped off into the distance and wanted to reach the local shopping district. While driving he leaned back in his seat and let down the windows. The warm brisk air made his spiky red hair flow like that of fire. Truth be told it was relaxing for him, being away from it all but he was forced out of his own home for seemingly no reason. He didnt deserve this. " Bullshit old man you want me to be like you and i'ts not going to happen i dont care about these people why should i...."

Eventually he pulled into a general store and hoped out of his car swiftly. " Need a sleeping bag...hmmm" Lucien walked into the store the bell ringing on the door as he entered. A young girl with blue long hair stood at the desk smiling. " Welcome! how may i help you" He looked at her and kept walking. " Oh...oh, well um if you need help just ask ok?" The young girl seemed offended or almost sad that he didnt acknowledge her. " ugh not here either" he said in frustration as he walked up and down the aisles. The blue hair'd girl was hiding behind shelves and watching him as he walked through the store. While he was reaching for something he spoke out calmly. " I know you're there by the way"

Eeep! " she said as she fell from behind a few boxes. " SORRY SORRY! i just, we dont get many Royal visit's out this way. You're the prince right....?" She said looking at him with stars in her eyes. " Eh....yea i suppose that's me" " OH MY GOD! My name is Krystal im 19 my mom and i run this place if you need anything just say so prince!

" You can drop the prince act, just call me Lucien..and where are your sleeping bags?" He said turning to her with an eyebrow raised. " Oh right this way i'll take you to the camping accessories. " She guided him to the back where there was tents and camp fire tools. " Thanks" He picked up a sleeping bag and headed towards the front. He left a chunk of Gil and headed out the door. " THANK YOU FOR COMING PRINCE!!" she yelled out the door to him. " Eh...." Lucien tossed it into his trunk and pulled off again to head back to the bar.

18. Reira

Reira New Member

Aria rubbed at her temple as Lucien stormed off stubbornly. How in the seven hells her Father expected her to tame him was beyond her understanding. She sighed angrily and kicked at the tree her brother was leaning on, scuffing the toe of her boot as she did.

"Hey, you're damaging private property." said the familiar voice of Axel from behind her. She turned and looked at him, scowling. He held up his hands, showing he wasn't there to fight, as he walked over to her.

"Family issues huh? I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but you were a bit loud, so..."

"That would be a tremendous understatement." she mumbled, suddenly feeling guilty for going off on her brother like she did. Her grey eyes fell from her friend and onto an impression in the mud where her brother had been standing. She felt worried for him, going off on his own like that, and she wouldn't be surprised if he didn't really come back.

"Hey..." the voice of her friend interrupting her thoughts. As she turned her eyes up once again to look at him, he had reached a hand out and tucked a bit of Aria's long hair behind her ear, his hand brushing lightly against her cheek as he did. "A pretty girl like you shouldn't be frowning." he said, causing her to blush and move her head away.

"Alright Prince Charming, compliments will get you nowhere." she said to him, fully aware that her friend harbored more feelings for her than she did for him. It wasn't that Axel wasn't attractive or kind to her, but rather she had her sights set on another. Had she not held such feelings so deeply in her heart, she may yet have room for someone else. To the upset of many men who have pursued her, Aria's heart was unwavering.

"Prince Charming? That's a first." Axel said with a laugh. "Well come on, let's get inside. I want to show you where you'll be staying before the lunch rush hits.... which should be any minute now." he said, nodding his head towards the road where a row of trucks were pulling up. Aria remembered from the last time she was here that the men who worked the local factories often convened here during their breaks and after work to wind down. They're what made the place so lively.

Nodding to her friend, Aria would follow the man inside, smiling as she looked around and noticed how things appeared just the same as she remembered. The place was decorated in a rustic theme with the walls and floors made of a beautifully dark wood, the sign "Axel's Ale" hung proudly over the bar, where a few unfamiliar waiters and waitresses were going about their work.

"Not much has changed since I've last been here. How long has it been? Almost two years if my memory serves me right." she said to Axel as he led her to the back and up a set of stairs.

"Yeah well you haven't changed much either, save for maybe being a half inch taller." he said, laughing and defending himself when Aria threw a punch at his arm. "But seriously, seriously, after my old man passed I didn't have the strength to redo anything; and hey, the people like it the way it is. That's what matters to me." he said, stopping at the door to a small room. "Here you are. You can stay here, make yourself at home. There's another spare room for the Prince if he decides to use it, and a bathroom at the end of the hall next to my room." he explained, pointing to the doors as he labeled them. "I gotta get back to work but uh, let's catch up later tonight over a drink." he said to her.

"I think I'd enjoy that Axel, thank you, for everything. I appreciate your hospitality." she told him, giving him a warm smile.

"Anything for you, Princess." he said before turning and heading back downstairs, an uproar came from what sounded like a large group of people, likely the men they saw approaching earlier. They were excited to start their first rounds of drinks for the day.

Aria strode into the room, her steps making the old wood on the floors creak quietly. Looking about, there was little to see as the room was empty, save for a bed and a tall wardrobe against the far wall. Seeing the bed, Aria went straight to it, tossing her bag down and sighing contentedly. It was then that she realized her feet ached and so she kicked off her boots, stretching her toes and rotating her feet around, the bones cracking lightly. As she stared up at the boring ceiling of the room, she was reminded of how much she already missed being home. Her heart sank as she thought of how maybe she did prefer decorated walls after all.

With a shake of her head, Aria patted her cheeks firmly. "You can't start thinking about that now. Focus..." she thought to herself, sitting up. Reaching for her bag, she noticed some of her things spilled out when she'd tossed it on the bed, her change of clothes being one of them. She picked up once piece, one of her favorite black skirts, and studied it only for a moment before deciding to put it on. Immediately, she stood and peeled her legs out from her tight jeans, folding those and setting them aside before slipping into her skirt. She pulled it up high on her waist and zipped the side before smoothing it down, the light fabric falling to her mid thigh. Next she removed her tank top and replaced it with what used to be an oversized white tshirt that she'd turned into a crop top by slicing a majority of it off. The shirt was loose on her shoulders and around her bust, but it felt nice to be in something light. The last few days felt hot and sticky wearing what she had on.

When she was done changing, Aria threw her hair up into a ponytail and slipped into a pair of flats, her feet aching in protest. When she felt presentable, she placed her things into the wardrobe and left the room, heading downstairs.

When she arrived, the amount of people that filled the bar surprised her. Not fifteen minutes earlier was it empty. Quickly, she went over to the bar and waved for Axel to come over. When he noticed her, he stopped what he was doing and went to her side.

"What's up?" he asked her, yelling over the group of men who huddled around a table far too small for them all. They cheered as they watched something exciting on the TV that hung on the wall.

"Let me help." Aria said, having to shout herself.

"Oh shit, you sure? We could use it, one of our guys is sick and couldn't make it in." he told her.

"Yes! What should I do?" she asked him, leaning closer so she could hear.

"Come around back here. You'll be playing Waitress today." he said.

Aria quickly moved around to the other side of the bar and went over to Axel who held up a small glass with a clear liquid in it.

"Drink this, you're going to need it. Trust me." he said, handing her the small glass.

Aria hesitated a moment before bringing it up to her lips and taking a sip. She frowned at the taste and held the rest out to him.

"No, come on! Finish it, you're old enough now, don't think I forgot." he said, urging her on and pouring one for himself. She watched as he drank it in one big gulp and she did the same, her face turning up as it burned its way down.

"Alright! Now you're ready to work! Your job, is to do whatever it takes to make those assholes over there happy, got it? Oh and keep your tips ok?"

Aria looked nervously towards the loud group of men before looking back at Axel. "I'll do my best!" she said, giving a lighthearted laugh.

"Atta girl!" he said happily, handing her a heavy tray of different drinks and pointing his thumb towards the table. Aria took a deep breath and planted a nice smile on her face before quickly getting to work.

19. NeRo

Lucien drove back to the Bar and parked in the grass near a large tree. Looking at the entrance since he left he noticed more car's had arrived and it seemed to be busy at this time of the day. With a heavy sigh he got out of the car slowly and closed the door. " Might as well see what shes doing. "

Opening the door the chatter and yelling of people blasted through the door. the aroma of sweat, fries and beer slapped him hard and all he could do was roll his eyes. Scanning the area for his sister he did not see her until he glared at some guys who were eye googling a waitress. " Is that...." He clinched a fist slowly. " Is that bastard making her work for rent?" He scanned the room angrily for Axel but he was unable to find him so he walked over to Aria.

Putting his arm on her shoulder " Sis is this guy making you work fo-" He was cut off by some burly man with a large beard. " HaHa Came here to work like a real man Prince?! Ya daddy aint here this time" Lucien tilted his head slowly and took his arm slowly off his sister. " You wanna run that by me again asshole?"

" Dont get loud with me little buck, Just because you're a rich boy, ya far from ya prissy maids and gil doing your biddig for you " Lucien Placed a hand on his face and started laughing. " Ya know hahah! its funny! You dont get out much do you?" Lucien swiftly lunged a Foot into the large mans chest causing him to fall backwards through the table, coughing uncontrollably. " Im prince fucking Lucien say that to me again and i'll break every bone in your body! " One of the guys friends got up, a slightly larger man. who shoved Lucien. " Hey back off rich boy!"

Lucien smiled and placed his hand around the mans throat and shoved him against the wall slowly applying pressure. " Bitch i'll take on you and every guy in here!"

20. Reira

Reira New Member

By the time Lucien had returned from his little trip, the sun had all but set in the sky. Aria wiped at her forehead, sweat having gathered there from working in such a fast paced enviornment. The lunch rush had come and gone, but there was little break before another seemed to befall the bar, as men and women continued to pile in and fill the tables. Though she had been working hard, Aria didn't feel too tired yet. Every now and then Axel had come to give her a small glass of whatever liquor she'd had the first time, and it seemed to be keeping her going. She was cheerful and striking up conversations with nearly everyone as they asked about her well being and how it was to live a life of royalty. When Lucien finally came into the bar, she had just finished serving a large group, and was leaning against the wall alone, silently watching the people enjoying themselves. Though they were loud, seeing everyone so happy had also helped to lift her spirits. She noticed her brother just before he was upon her.

"Sis, is this guy making you work..." was all she could really hear as he rested an arm on his shoulder. It was so loud she could barely make out what he said. All she could do was shake her head before a man sitting at a table near them had called out to him, throwing a sarcastic remark towards Lucien.

"Ignore him, brother. He's drunk." she said to him, hoping he'd just let it go.

"You wanna run that by me again, asshole?"

"Nope... *sigh* this isn't going to end well, is it?" she thought to herself, rubbing her temple and closing her eyes. Her head suddenly started to hurt.

In no time at all, the situation escalated so much that Lucien had kicked a man and was holing another against the wall before Aria's eyes opened again. With a light gasp, she ran over to Lucien and placed a hand on his arm that had another large man pinned.

"Lucien, stop this and let him go. You need not always resort to violence, brother." she told him, her voice was gentle but firm as she looked at him. These men are drunk, they know not what they say or who they speak to. Don't let their words get to you." she said.

"What the hell is going on here?" said the voice of Axel from behind them. "Which one of you motherfuckers broke my goddamn table, huh!?" he yelled, drawing the attention of whoever hadn't been looking at that point. He marched over to the man atop the crumbled table and grabbed him by the collar, lifting him up easily with an arm. "It's always something with you, isn't it? What do you think you're doing messing with my guest, huh? Get the hell out of my bar." Axel said to the man, face turned up in a frown. "All of you get out, now!" he yelled at the rest of the man's group. Startled, the men quickly gathered their few things, one of them yelling back.

"We'll take this outside since the Prince is so eager to fight!"

"The hell you will." Axel said, pushing the man towards the door. "I want all of you off my property, or you'll be spending the night in jail again this week." he said firmly, crossing his arms. When the majority of the group left, save for the man Lucien had pinned, Axel sighed and looked at the broken table and the wreckage around it.

"Fuck..." he mumbled.

Aria went over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I'm really sorry about this. I'll see to it you're paid for the table." she said to her friend.

"Don't bother." he said, shrugging her hand off of him and moving away. "I don't know why you had to bring him with you, but at least you could try keep him under control." he said, obviously referring to Lucien, his tone angry. Aria watched with sad eyes as Axel went to one of his workers and spoke to them.

"We're closing up early. See to it that everyone here is compensated and get them out."

Sighing, Aria went back over to the ruined table and knelt down, grabbing a tray and carefully picking up some broken glasses. Knowing Lucien was within earshot, she spoke.

"It's alright, I'll help them clean up here. There's a room upstairs where you can rest if you like. If not, then you can wait in the car. I'll bring you something to eat once I finish here." she said to him. Though she was saddened, she wasn't upset with him, rather disappointed in herself that she wasn't able to stop anything. Luckily no one got too seriously hurt, though she feared her brother's reputation would only suffer more from this, and who knows that would have happened if things had gotten out of hand. He was so reckless, Aria was afraid one day he'd bite off more than he could chew and get himself seriously hurt trying to pick a silly fight.

Aria's head throbbed and she rubbed her temple again, trying to soothe it.