• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Final Fantasy IX Available on PS4

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy IX' started by Angel, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Angel submitted a new blog post

Final Fantasy IX Available on PS4
    [​IMG]

Relive the classic of Final Fantasy IX now available on the PlayStation 4. Earlier at PlayStation Press Conference in Japan, Square Enix revealed the release of Final Fantasy IX digitally on the PS4. The game's port on PlayStation 4 comes with the following enhancements:

• High-definition movies and character models

• Auto-save functionality

• Seven optional booster features, including high speed mode and no encounter mode, the Master All Abilities booster, which will allow players to automatically master equipped weapons and gear, as well as features to maximize character levels, magic stone counts and gil

• PlayStation®4 trophy support, share functionality and remote play with the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system

In addition, players who purchase Final Fantasy IX from the PlayStation Store will receive an exclusive PlayStation 4 custom theme designed by Toshiyuki Itahana and eight PlayStation Network avatars. The game is available at the discounted price of $16.79 until September 26 and then will be priced at $20.99.

Final Fantasy IX PS4 Announcement Trailer

[gallery size="small" column="6"]

Kitty likes this.
  2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

IX's a great, but underrated game. Hopefully this will encourage more people to give it a try. If I had a PS4, I'd give it a go just to see the updated graphics. IX has some cool character designs and locales.

3. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

I'm not all that jazzed for it. I feel like its just another way to make money for a game that isn't work $2o.

Kitty likes this.
  4. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

^ Ha ha, true. But when aren't they trying to make a money grab? I'd say it's worth $20 if you're a fan of the series but haven't played IX yet. I'm pretty sure I paid close to $20 for my PS1 copy back in the day, and it's got enough content to keep someone busy for a while.