• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

FFVII advice

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy VII' started by EtherealSummoner, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

:D:D:D One of the deacons of my church gave me FFVII late midnight! YAAY! The game is so easy & I'm starting to become an expert in this. Still, I want to know some things from all of you. What do you think is the best way to use materias? Also, which summons should I really go after? This is my advice to all of you though. When you jump off the train to take down the reactor of #5, just go all the way down & keep on fighting the unlimitless security guards. This means faster leveling for Tifa & more gil.

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

You're an expert after one night of playing? *skeptic*

Honestly, I have never been a huge materia-using strategist. I basically just hacked and slashed my way through the game. Put a cure materia on the best magic user and link it with an all materia. Enemy Skills in this game are pretty good- once you start finding those, get them. White Wind and Big Guard can be got pretty early on, and Beta from the Midgar Zolom is dead useful, if you can defeat him at this point in the game.

Later on in the game is when you start getting the great materias that you can put into combos, like Counter, Mime, Quadra Magic, W-Summon, Added Effect (well, this one comes pretty early), Sneak Attack, and Final Attack. Some combos that I found useful were Added Effect linked with Hades (summon). This ends up working like a Ribbon, though it isn't perfect. Ribbons are difficult to come across in this game. Final Attack linked with Phoenix (summon) is a given. This will revive your entire party, and do damage to the enemy whenever you die. Any high damage-dealing magic materia (like Comet) linked with HP and MP Absorb materias are good, too, especially if you also use the Quadra Magic materia.

I didn't actually use the summons very often, but some of them are nice to have. Knights of the Round, which is probably one of the last you'll get, does an insane amount of damage, but its animation is long as hell, and I always felt cheap using it. Hades and Phoenix, like I mentioned above, are also useful. Choco/Mog you get very early in the game, and it doesn't do much damage, but it can cause Stop on the enemies, which makes it come in handy during some boss fights. Then there's Odin, who sometimes causes instant death. In actuality, you'll want to get all of the summons anyway, since you can get a master materia from them.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  3. Chocobo Dyl

Chocobo Dyl New Member

Well, it's a fun game, but I don't really think you need to be a master to play it.

Slash all is good, and later on you can (theoretically) infinitely summon without the enemy getting one hit (it's something stupid like, Master summon, repeat and mp asbsorb.)

I like Crisis Core's materia system, so that 1 materia gets you to 9999 health, one gets you to 9999 mp, another gets you to 100 attack. etc...

4. Answer Man

Answer Man Man I'm Awesome

whoa whoa whoa, it's out already?? when the heck did this come out?

5. Chocobo Dyl

Chocobo Dyl New Member

1997?

And on PSN 2009?

6. EtherealSummoner

Do anyone knows how to get to Lucrecia's Cave? I'm trying very hard to get there and I'm going in circles. I'm on Disc 2.

7. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

And I quote:

I kinda figure an expert would know how to get to anyplace in the game. Anyways, You need either the submarine or the airship (Forget which one). It is at the western continent. It is a lake with a waterfall, I think.

8. EtherealSummoner

I have the submarine and I even went under the ocean and all I found myself is in a big lake when I went back up into the surface. I tried to get out of the submarine but I don't know if I either went the wrong way or where I'm supposed to board off.

Edit: And I am a expert in this. I know how to harness materias to their fullest.

Edit 2: Never mind. I was able to figure it out by myself.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  9. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

rofl. You don't need to be an expert to know how to harness materia for the best possible combinations. Being an expert in a game means you know, and have done, everything in the game.

Kitty likes this.
  10. EtherealSummoner

The game is still easy and it resembles more like FFVIII so that's why I brought that up. Anyways, before I close down my own thread, anyone have any good examples of fighting in the battle arena at the Gold Saucer? I already came up with my own but I want to see what anyone else want to say on this.

11. Chocobo Dyl

Chocobo Dyl New Member

Use Cloud with a ribbon and insta revive if you can get it.

You want taht one that heals you constantly (I can't remember what it's called) and an added effect in your sword and armour.

12. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Definitely use a ribbon, as poster above suggests. I'd also agree with using Cloud. I think he's the most well-rounded character.

The enemy skill Big Guard is useful here, and some others probably as well. The magic spell Regen is also handy to keep you cured up for a little while. If you have a free slot on your weapon/armor, you could include the Morph materia. Some of the enemies you'll face in the arena can be morphed into good stuff, like sources and ribbons.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  13. EtherealSummoner

I don't think that I need any help for a while but I will still leave this up if anyone else have any other advice for people who plays FFVII. -___- I've been using Knights of the Round on that Emerald Weapon so many times and it still stands. Even destroyed it's small laser cannons with Knights of the Round. Sadly, it has the power to return them back to full health so I'm stuck to just morphing enemies into power and guard sources.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.