• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

FF Team starting to work on Final Fantasy XV

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by Ventus, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

Source: Square Enix already talks about Final Fantasy XV | TG Daily

I thought this was pretty interesting, especially the part I have bolded. What do they mean by "next generation" game mechanics. It is halfway through this generation!!!! Perhaps they're talking PS4 but I'm not sure. What do you think of the term "next generation"? Is this bad or good for Final Fantasy or will they completely change the name? Maybe that's what they mean by the term "traditional" or perhaps that means by gameplay standards. This is old news but I want to discuss this. What do you want from the next Final Fantasy game? One thing I know is that, I want Kingdom Hearts 3 first, haha!

2. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

When I read, "Next generation game mechanics" it makes me think that there are perhaps plans of moving the newer Final Fantasy series to another game system. I'm hoping they don't plan on making the PS4 anytime soon, however, since the PS3 is fairly recent as it is. I wouldn't mind seeing Final Fantasy XV on a portable game system like Final Fantasy: Dissidia though, since I like how I can play hand helds on the couch instead of being stuck in my bedroom!

The one part that caught my eye about your post is how I believe it was referring to Final Fantasy XIII being the last "traditional" game in the franchise (or it could mean the Final Fantasy XV will be. ) I'm interested to see how they will make "next generation" Final Fantasy games; I still would like to see active battles that are turn based and infact I'm a little worried if they do change the series battle systems to make it another average main stream game. I personally always like the originality of FF and if anything, I'd like to see the main story take a new style. I do like how most revolve around a love story and all, but I think it would be a nice change if there was perhaps two main protagonist who were childhood best friends or something along those lines.

I'm excited to see what they end up doing with Final Fantasy XV, but I think that Final Fantasy Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts 3 should be completed before starting a whole new game.