• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Favorite Story

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories' started by Reonarudo Butsuchiru, Apr 23, 2010.

Two Stories...One Game...

1. Sora

43.5%
  2. Riku

56.5%
  1. I liked Sora's a little bit better. It was a lot longer and far more organized than Riku's. I would've liked it if Square Enix had done a little bit more with Riku's but in defense for his story it was a little faster and his moves were cooler. I have to admit it was fun flying around the screen using his Dark Mode and whatnot :-].

Which was your favorite?

2. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

Riku's story is better than Sora's..well kinda they are almost equal, Riku's is more depressing and darker, which pulled me in.

3. I sort of felt that his was way to fast for me.

4. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

It was to fast, because he leveled up faster, he was stronger, the bosses were easier. and the story was shorter.. so yea it would be faster..duh?

5. Lexaeus wasn't easy. Took me a few tries.

6. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

I said they were easier than Sora's, never said they were easy..even that Lexaeus was cake.. Fake Riku was hard though.

7. Replica Riku was a royal pain in the ass after the boss fight with Darkside. Took me at least ten tries to beat him. Long story short, excessive use of the f-bomb and throwing of my GBA to the bed.

8. VentusSearcher

VentusSearcher Steam is the only way....

I liked Soras better because it is more in depth and is way longer! Riku's is short but still interesting.

9. Aqua Fresh

Aqua Fresh Anita ✿◠‿◠

I like both.
    But, if I were to choose only one, I would pick Sora.
    He has a longer story and is fun.
    Riku, even though he is okay... His story is too short.

10. Destiny

Destiny Guest

I like Riku's better. In Sora's story I thought was kind of weird, it wasn't like GB game in the reCoM. So my vote goes with Riku's.

11. Zero

Zero ♫♪♫Dear☺God♫♪♫

Sora story - Longer than Riku's and fun
    Rike Story - Short but Interesting

I really can't choose. but they both were fun. :)

12. Contra_King

Contra_King New Member

Sora's quest for me toke about 16 hours ((Lvlv 74))
    and when i got to riku's tale i was so good it toke about 5 hours ((Lvl: 36-37 i think))

Sora's was harder in my opinion, and riku's had its moments that made it awesome (Lexaeus Fight!)

Im going to say Rikus was my favorite, just for the boss battles, and i did not have to worry about cards! gosh, i hated making decks.

13. NeroTheSable

NeroTheSable New Member

I thought both were fine even if Riku's was shorter and using dark mode was awesome

14. EverlastingOblivion

EverlastingOblivion New Member

Not 100% sure on this, its been years since i played Riku's story on my cartridge.... i have to say though from what i remember i do like Sora's more. I love a good lengthy RPG adventure with plenty of level grinding and upgrading. ^^ I have always hated the Captain Hook and Hades fights though... pain in the ass....

15. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Umm...i'll go with Sora. No maybe Riku. Honestly I can't decide. I liked them both. Sora and Riku both had unique stories that connected with KH2 and Days. Their gameplay was interesting although I prefer Riku's fighting over Sora. I've made up my mind. I like Sora's story better but Riku's moves were better.

16. EverlastingOblivion

EverlastingOblivion New Member

Yeah Riku's story also seemed to add more of a challenge, even though gameplay was very similar to sora's. Reminds me how Zelda ocarina of time master quest is more challenging because the rearranged some things from the original, that's how this is.

17. FatewithFury

FatewithFury New Member

i havent played it Yet but this thread is making me want to buy it right tis minute!

18. ADogX

ADogX R.I.P. Captain Unohana

(didn't realize this was a sticky lol)

I'd say Sora. His story was more fun and took more skill. Riku's was short and took more luck =/

19. Marquis

Marquis New Member

Riku for three reasons

1. don't need to remember card values for sleights

2. fixed deck so i don't need to worry about a deck cost (is this KH or Yu-Gi-Oh! DoR?)

3. I get to destroy Xehanort's Heartless AGAIN...and dark powers are a nice bonus too :D

20. ansemkiller

ansemkiller New Member

this is a hard one........sora's story is more complex and actually explains the game but the deck gameplay was a pain in the BUTT!! i did think it was cool to see most of the places you would normally see in kh1 and 2 but i think that riku's is better because his sleighs were cool to watch, included more reaction commands, got to use DARK MODE, gave you a deck that u know u can win with and the fact that i could never have been able to use riku in any other kh game except for the gameboy version of this game