• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Favorite Characters I-VI

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy I-VI' started by EbeneezerAl, Feb 1, 2008.

1. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Who were your favorite characters for each of the original six games?

FFI - Bahamut. OK, so there aren't really too many noteworthy characters in FFI. So I'll give recognition to the original king of dragons. Besides, he gives you upgrades, which is always nice.

FFII - Mindu. A badass white mage? Who would have though it possible. Yet there he is. One of your earlier fourth party members, Mindu not only had powerful white magic, but he could dish out a ton of damage. Not to mention that the character was kinda cool. But who cares? It's a white mage who's not a weakling. That's all he needs in my book.

FFIII - Never played it.

FFIV - I never finished this, but I'm picking Palom and Porom. OK, so that's two characters, but I think the twins can be paired together. I loved the personalities, and the innocent sibling rivalry. It was always great for a laugh. And their self sacrificial deaths were far more touching to me than Aeris' was in FFVII.

FFV - Galuf. No question. Galuf. Galuf was the man. That old man is actually one of my favorite characters in the entire series, though not above Vivi. HIs blunt yet caring attitude was one of the best personalities in the game. And his death was yet another one that got to me. That was perhaps the death I got the most into of any, because you actually have to fight the battle. I remember doing everything in my power to keep him from dying, hoping that it was somehow possible. Galuf rocks.

FFVI - As for the party, I couldn't pick. It's the only cast of party members in the entire series that I actually like all equally of. They all rock. So the only choice for this is Kefka. Kefka is God. Literally. There is no Final Fantasy villain who has ever beaten Kefka and there most likely never will be. He actually wins, and that's just awesome. So he get's the recognition as best character of FFVI for me.

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

The only games I've played are V and VI, and I didn't play V long enough to have a favorite. Once I get back to playing it, I'll chime in.

In VI, my favorite character is Celes. Her inner conflicts captured my attention. Runic is also an awesome ability. And she was the lead in the opera, which was one fancy scene. But I really did like all of the party members and most of the other lead characters. They were all well done.

3. draco009

draco009 Dungeon Master

i have only played ff 1, 2, and 3 so here

ff1:chaos because even know the graphics stink alittle he was such a pain but, he was awsome.

ff2: definatly Ricard because he was a dragoon, and i love dragoons.

ff3: i would say luneth the 1st person you get because i think he progressed the most throughout the game...:)

4. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

FFI- Garland of course! He set the stage for all the other incompetant and powerful villains in the series.

FFII- Pass. It's the least favorite game.

FFIII- Nothing I can think of. Did I play this?

FFIV- Cecil Harvey of course. If you look at FFIV, it's very similar to Kingdom Hearts. Cecil= Sora, Kane= Riku, etc. I bet it was highly influenced by FFIV.

FFV- The girl who was with Bartz. Everyone likes FFV for the class system.

FFVI- Kefka Palazzo wins. He is the top FF villain and could eat Sephiroth for lunch.

5. Zmoney

Zmoney New Member

FFI: The warrior of light, which I named after myself

FFII: Firion, he just looks bad-ass.

FFIII: Need to get a DS before I try this one.

FFIV: Cecil all the way. Never have I seen such an awesome character that makes the journey from darkness to light, and still look cool.

FFV: Bartz, or whatever the main character's name is.

FFVI: Setzer because, hey, life's a gamble.

6. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

FFV: It's gotta be Galuf. I love those tough old guy characters. Honors to Bartz, who's so clueless at times it makes me smile, and Faris, with her cool pirate speak.

7. Cecil!!!

Cecil!!! New Member

FF3- Probably Luneth.
    FF4-Um Cecil of course as you can tell by my Account lol
    FF6-Kefka FTW. And i dont believe Setzer is in FF6 ZMoney

8. dualblade

dualblade Break!

played all but ffIII,still havnt beat FFVI (have to find it again)
    FFI-black mage because now i always think of him from the 8-bit theater (heh).
    FFII-Minwu did kick butt,wish he didnt die
    FFIV-Rydia and Edge,Rydia is an awsome summoner/black mage (when does that combo happen?) and Edge is a ninja.Need i say more for him?
    FFV-Galuf,the old dude still kicks butt at his age, and probably had to go to school while fighting monsters,in the snow, going uphill, and possibly have Tellah covering his back (we may never know)
    FFVI-no fav yet,want to beat it first

9. Master Gilgamesh

Master Gilgamesh New Member

FF4- edge, coz hes a ninja; kain, for the dragoon-ness. and the "spoony bard" because of his pathetic but funny abilities

10. cozzy_0205

cozzy_0205 New Member

I - Sarissa, he was my Ninja/THief he was soo cool.
    II - Firion, I made him master fire while I was still in the Dreadnaught lol.
    III(Old) - Kid1, he was the one I named Cozy and he owned as a Geomancer
    III(New) - Arc, he was my Black Mage/Magus Flare ftw.
    IV - Edge, he's just cool because he's a Ninja
    V - Krile, I started Galuf as a Knight and when it carried over she was my hardest hitter
    VI - Gau, He just did his thing while all the other were like OMG the world is in ruin

11. ryoko126

ryoko126 New Member

FF I: Matoya. The music to Matoya's cave was so awsome and she has brooms that talk backwords. Isn't that awesome!

FF II: Like EbeneezerAl, I'd have to say Mindu. He was the ONLY white mage I could think of that could cast uber powerful magic right from the beginning, and if I can ever beat the psp version, I'm told he's even more useful...

FF III: This is only in the DS version, but I love Ingus. I loved how dedicated he was to the princess. Besides, it's always refreshing to me when someone that's not the MAIN main character get the girl.

FF IV: Rydia. She is one of the few Final Fantasy females that I really like, because she shows how emotionally strong she is, though Palom and Porom come in a close second cause they're funny.

FF V: Gilgamesh. Poor guy tries and tries to beat the party. I'll give him kudos for that. Plus he has one of my favorite battle themes ever too.

FF VI: Locke Cole. He's got such a tragic backstory, and I've grown to really care about him as a character. Plus I love to over use him a lot, so that he ends up more powerful than the others.