• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Favorite Boss FFX

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy X' started by EtherealSummoner, Jul 30, 2011.

1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

Everyone should have a boss that everyone enjoys. Which one were your favorite? Is it the Geosganio in the Baaj Temple? Is it Sin? Is it the aeon battles against Isaaru? All of them goes right here.

Attached Files:

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I don't know how anyone could like Geosgaeno; that boss was a bitch. >_<

FFX had a lot of good, challenging boss fights, and I enjoyed most of them in some way or another, particularly the ones in the Monster Arena. But to throw out a few not in the arena, I liked fighting Sinspawn Gui the second time (I liked getting to play as Seymour), I liked the first Seymour battle featuring Anima, and I liked fighting Yunalesca and Braska's Final Aeon. I suppose my favorite would be Braska's Final Aeon. That was just really cool.

I also liked the idea of fighting and killing off Yuna's own aeons at the end of the game, but the execution of the idea was lame because the fights were so freaking easy.

3. EtherealSummoner

I like the battles against Belgemine. To me, she is an optional boss herself with the aeons. THe fights against Seymour is so ridiculous but they are also fun. The battle against SIn when on the ship tend to make me cry when I first went up against it. I always die but I got better at defeating it years ago.

4. DV8playa

DV8playa New Member

My favorite FFX boss is probably the second part to Seymour's first boss battle, when you have to fight Anima. That's one of the most fucked up little monsters I've ever seen in FF.

5. Suriel

Suriel New Member

I have to say Seymour, as annoying as it is to fight him so many times he has an important place in my heart... especially the third time i had to fight him.

6. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

Agreed. A distorted skeleton coming out of a coffin-like venus-flytrap...
    Well, my favourite boss was either Braska's Final Aeon or Yu Yevon. I liked both for the music and the emotion in the fight. And Braska's Final Aeon was just epic.
    The Chocobo Eater was also quite amusing. The fact that you could just push it off a cliff so easily was cool, and it was just a pretty fun boss.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  7. Marquis

Marquis New Member

tie between Braska's Final Aeon & Seymour Omnis

8. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Banned

I would have to say the Gate keeper, ultima weapon or the creatur that looks like ultima weapon...

9. Marquis

Marquis New Member

Omega Weapon?

10. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Banned

yea that mfer...

11. Marquis

Marquis New Member

hehe NOVA!!

12. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Banned

???what the heak is that?

13. Marquis

Marquis New Member

Kimahri's strongest overdrive that u get from Lancet(ing?) O.W.
    side note, stings like gonorrhea when he hits u with it

14. EtherealSummoner

I still enjoy the battles against Belgemine since she is still optional for aeon battles until you send her away. Besides that, I would say one battle against Yojimbo and Lulu's former summoner that she was not able to protect.

15. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Banned

I haven't goten that far yet...

16. EtherealSummoner

Well, you need to try and replay Final Fantasy X again Desifer. You are missing out on a lot if you have not gotten that far. Especially battling against Anima in your first battle against Seymour.

17. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

I love most of the bosses in Final Fantasy X; They were challenging, but you could still beat them as long as you used good strategy, or you overleveled.

My absolute favourite boss battles were both with Seymour.

1) The first battle with Seymour and Anima. The first time I played through the game, I almost died when I seen anima because she had seemed so unstoppable after the events of the Blitzball tournament T_T That battle was tricky the first time around, but it was worth it. Every time I restart the game, I always look forward to it.

2) The fight with Seymour Flux on Mt Gagazet. When I first played through the game, I thought that this battle was impossible ! I couldn't seem to beat him before he KO'd all of my characters. I had to do a massive leveling up period and have all of my characters ready to perform their overdrives before I was finally able to beat him.

18. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Best X boss hmm? Ohh that's a toughy...

In appearance Braska's Final Aeon was without a doubt the coolest thing I had ever seen on my first playthrough. Any boss who can pull a sword out of their stomach AND have a floating, flaming "J" In the background is okay in my book.

Hardest goes to Nemisis, Only way I managed to kill him was the quick hit/summon combo. He was fun to kill though. Omega Weapon was a wimp, I killed him in 2 hits. His death was cool though.

Funnest(Most fun?) goes to Cactaur King, why? Attack, miss, 10,000 needles. Attack, miss, 10,000 needles, Pheonix down, 10,000 needles, 99,999 needles, game set match plain and simple xD. Cactaur deaths are funny to though.

Overall my personal favorite goes to... Penance. He's a pain to kill, cool in appearance and his attacks are to die for, literally. His death sequence was definitely worth the two hours of wailing on him for sure, he was definitely the best Final Fantasy X boss and probably the hardest Final Fantasy Superboss in the series.

19. EtherealSummoner

Just to bring this back because it is stickied... and I want to talk more about this game. But anyway, my favorite fight is when you fight that... Sinspawn during Operation Mi'ihen. That is actually very entertaining and is fun to manipulate Seymour for a while. Destroying the arms are... easy actually.

20. ceraqxis

ceraqxis New Member

my favorite boss is either ject, or the one where your just yuna and have to use your aeons vsing the other sumoners.