• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Dream Eaters: KHUX vs KHDDD

Discussion in 'General Kingdom Hearts' started by Derek, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It’s something I wanted to discuss but I’m unsure if I ever have. It’s a odd topic to bring up but....I think Kingdom Hearts Union Cross does dream eaters better than DDD.

Having to take care of these critters really sucked me out of DDD when I played it. They just really made it tedious and annoying for me, I didn’t like having to go out of my way to make the right DE, play mini games with it (I already dislike KH mini games), level it and so on just to get something like leaf bracer or second chance.

I wont say they were horrible but they definitely were a nuisance to me. I’m just not into the virtual pet thing and I don’t like being forced to play a discount pokemon game. (I don’t even play normal pokemon these days)

In contrast, KHUX has the better approach to this concept in my mind. The game gets a lot of flack, some even from me, but I do feel Dream Eaters in KHUX are what they should’ve been in KHDDD.
    The DE’s in KHUX dont dictate your abilities, they aren’t something necessary to level up or survive hard fights. No mini games, no virtual pet simulator, no collection list.

The DE in KHUX is just an ally. It holds one medal slot, it can get abilities to help you such as esuna and so on. It’s there as support and support only. I like this idea. Granted, UX is F2P and much smaller than DDD but the concept is what appeals to me.

I look at UX and wish DDD had the same approach. Instead of having a few dozen to collect, just give Sora and Riku one DE each. Make it the source of support abilities only, perhaps spells such as esuna or spells in general.

And yes sure, have lots of ways to customize it but never have them hold more than one DE. Just small things. Ya know?

2. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

But then you have no one to replace Goigy and Fonald in DDD as allies. I am ok with it, but I do believe when you say it is too much.

3. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

We haven't had them since KH2 (and one Coded mission) so that's not really an issue. Of course, if they wanted to replace them they could've made the Kamoy Bat and MeowWow party members for both Sora and Riku. Permanent fixtures that you focus on rather than two in the pokedex.

It is, it feels worse on the PS4 version. I don't know why but what felt like too much on the 3DS is more so on a console...