• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Do you prefer "VII" or "IX"?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy' started by TheSoopaweirdo, Apr 3, 2011.

1. TheSoopaweirdo

TheSoopaweirdo New Member

Okay, the Final Fantasy forum has been pretty sentient for a while, so I have decided to bring it back to life..temporarily. Now, this is relevant to people who have played both Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy IX. In all honesty, which one do you find more enjoyable? Please give examples as to why the said game is your preferred one.

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I prefer FF IX. I like the old school feel to the world and characters. I find Zidane a little more lively and enjoyable main character than Cloud. I like the way you learn abilities based on the accessories you're wearing, and I like having the four member party. I also really enjoyed the story, though I felt that the final boss came a bit out of nowhere.

VII has some good points- the use of limits here is far superior to the trance modes in IX, the characters were more powerful in battle, and I did like the majority of characters and the storyline. But I feel that the game is over hyped and overrated. IX is often pushed aside, but I feel that overall it is the better game.