• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Destiny Islands Grind!?!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts 1' started by x3pic, Jun 18, 2014.

1. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

So I decided to hook up the old ps2 and pop in Kingdom Hearts. I had a save file, I was still on Destiny Island at level 43. Still trying to grind hitting Wakka's beach balls. What's the highest level you've ever trained up to on Destiny Islands?

2. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

You must have a lot of patience to get that much leveling done on Destiny Islands. I usually cap off around the high teens or early twenties there before I get bored and decide to get on with the journey; typically, that's around the level range at which Sora learns to use the scan ability, which I see as a strong convenience for the rest of the game.

Though I don't usually rely so heavily on the Wakka fight. I'll usually raise up to level ten or fifteen through those battles and then use the the Heartless swarms that show up later to cover the rest of the distance. Since they spawn back whenever you enter the shack, they make for a good experience supply.

3. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I'm about the same. I might have gone a little higher, but I don't remember ever coming close to 43. I just get too restless.

4. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

All of you are beyond impressive.

Are you all prepared for this :

The highest level I have gotten to on Destiny Island was.... .... .... .... 15.

Bam. Mind blowing, I know.

Literally, I just get so bored that I have to move on. I don't have enough drive or patience to get to a super high level. I love grinding more when I get further in the game, like in Atlantica.

5. 月野 うさぎ

月野 うさぎ KH Graphic Team

I would farm Shadows on Destiny Islands because they would drop potions like crazy. And potions are expensive when you're just starting out the game...I'd also level a little, so there's that...either way, I never really got too high of a level.

6. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Never really done it. Not a big fan of grinding in areas where it isn't too effective.

Highest level... Not too far beyond 10.

If I feel like grinding, I alternate a bit between Wakka and Selphie. Or maybe do the trio fight.

7. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

YOU GUYS HAVE WEAK SOULS . or just have lives hahaha. It wasn't that hard though, I mean I think I tried to get at least one level a day. I think I just got bored and left it at 43, I leveled it currently to 50 on KH1.5, I'm trying to hit 99 and see how fast It will take me to beat the game after. No deaths/just run through everything easy. :p

8. 月野 うさぎ

月野 うさぎ KH Graphic Team

Well, it all depends on what you chose in the beginning. Leaving at dawn makes leveling to 40 easy, midday is average, and dusk is hard to 40, but easy afterwards, iirc.

9. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

Yesh, I know this. I usually leave at Dusk for the challenge at the start levels.

10. Become

This thread has, more or less, inspired me to get a new file going just to see how far I can level up before it becomes a complete bore.

So far, I'm on the second day on the island at level 22, with 99 potions (I think). Easily (and obviously) the key to leveling up on DI is through harvesting tech points (ie hitting Wakka's ball back at him). I've found that Tidus is a great candidate for that in terms of a single battle, since blocking certain attacks of his brings in two tech points, plus he's worth two experience anyways (at least on Expert mode). Otherwise, the three-on-one is a great way to gain experience. I've taken to using Wakka's blitzball against Tidus and Selphie as frequently as I can, which also helps with those tech points.

11. Kodakliv

Kodakliv Member

I normally train to level 10 then move on. Or until it takes a lot of exp to gain the next level.

12. me4lingual

me4lingual Active Member

I have never even considered grinding on Destiny Islands before. When I would play, I would go up against Tidus, Selphie, and Wakka (both separate and together) once on the first day, and then once on the second day. The same with the Riku battles. As for fighting the Shadows, I only fight enough to get me to the door and advance the story.

Usually I am never more than Level 5.

13. Kodakliv

Kodakliv Member

Tidus was the easy way to level up cause if you tech his attack sometimes you would get +4 Tech points.

14. Become

I took to just drawing that battle out as long as I could to harvest the tech points. I only attacked him when he stumbled and had to rest (basically every time he went "aah"). I could get like 60 experience out of that.

15. Kodakliv

Kodakliv Member

With the sliding dash ability its easy to level up :)

16. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

I think the farthest I ever ginded on DI was 10. You, OP, have the patience of saints.

17. Become

It's definitely a trial of patience. Back in like, January I started a new save file to see how far I could go before getting too bored. I think I left off at about level 25 on the second day on the island, and was still going at it. As someone who's anal about level grinding, I find it quite enjoyable to lash out into a game at 20-30 levels higher than the strength of the enemies.

18. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

You amaze me literally o-0
    lol I bet that is pretty awesome. :D Ever play Lvl 1?

19. Become

By that, do you mean just going the whole game at low level?

20. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Yep. I tried a lvl 1 run on 1.5 but only got as far as Agrabah. Somehow I got by Clayton only to get stuck on that pot heartless.