• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

December 2010 Short Story Competition- Voting

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Destiny, Dec 16, 2010.

Which is your favorite story?

1. Epic Kirby's Story

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. iAqua's Story

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Blade's Story

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destiny

Destiny Guest

[​IMG]

Kingdom Hearts
    Short Story Competition:
    December 2010
    The First Official Short Story Competition

Welcome to the first official short story competition. If you can't already tell, the theme for this one is Kingdom Hearts. ​

We had three great entries come in and I have finished looking over them and scored them for grammar mistakes. Any sentence a little confusing or maybe missing a comma and such they lost a 1/2 point. They have been scored but now if for the final judgement, what you think of their work. Vote in the poll and also you can help the writers by criticizing their work accordingly so that way next month they can fix that problem and score even higher and gain more votes. ​

Here's how the scoring will work, each vote is 1 point, at the end of the month the 31st(Happy New Years, yeah) the scores will be finalled and the total votes will be added to their (we'll call it the judges score since I'm thinking of Dancing with the Stars for some odd reason) judge score and the winner will be announced and recieve my 14 rep point. (take note, I do not usually rep people due to how many rep points I have, so if I can't rep you and give you your prize, be lucky you did get my rep points already). The winning entry will also be added to the hall of fame. ​

Our first entry is by Epic Kirby who scored an 8.5/10​
    Next is iAqua who scored a 9/10​

Our Final entry is Blade who scored an 8/10...​

Also with every voting thread, the preview for next month's competition will be available. Next month's theme is Reflecting on the past year. Did something happen to you important in the year 2010 that you will never forget? How did that event play out? It can be anything you want the theme is reflecting on the year past. ​

Let the voting for December 2010, first monthly short story competition, voting begin!​

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2010
  2. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

Kirby: I like the sentences and the story is easy to follow but next time, make sure that you have more paragraphs.

iAqua: Man. You have waaay too many spaces. Just a single space is ok. You do not have to triple space.

Blade: The story was good but with this story, I tend to endup rereading the same sentences because you did not put any single spaces to make paragraphs.

In the end, I chose Kirby.

3. Destiny

Destiny Guest

I'm going to go ahead and add my points.

To start off with, all three of you wrote very good stories, and I can go on listing positive things, but I'm going to go with something new.

Kirby- Your story is confusing. It doesn't flow real smooth and jumps around a lot. You should have also organized your thoughts for the story a little better.

iAqua- Even know this is a fanfic and it's based off of Kingdom Hearts, but your story is straight from the game but adding and changing a few things.

Blade- Like usual, your story is very funny. Though like Epic Kirby's story, it is very confusing at times and seems to be jumping around.

My personal vote goes to iAqua because it's easy to follow along with, she uses many details in her story, the flow is smooth, and it really showed more emotions for Aqua

4. iAqua

iAqua New Member

@ Summoner

Hehe. That triple spacing wasn't intentional. It appeared as one space in Microsoft Word for me. Guess it's some formatting issues, but gee! :D

@ Destiny & Summoner

And thanks, you two, for the critique XD I'll improve on my weaknesses!

Destiny likes this.
  5. Destiny

Destiny Guest

For me at least, it's saying the poll is closed. I don't know how this happened, but just say in your post who you vote for and/or send me a pm saying who

6. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I reopened the poll, so you can use it to vote if you haven't already done so.

My vote goes to iAqua. I like her style best, and it was emotional, even though I haven't even bothered to play BBS, yet.

I don't really have anything to say about the other two. I mean, they were okay, but didn't seem quite as polished, I suppose.

7. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Thank you, Toph.

8. Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby New Member

Oh my days how long has this been up there... where have I been... :eek:

Anyways, thanks H.Summoner, Destiny and Toph for your comments.

It is confusing, it used to be around 30,000 characers so a lot was taken out. I think what I chose as a plot was a bit too... ambitious... for a short story :D .

And thanks for reading.

Oh yeah and I really like the other two stories, iAqua's one reminds me more of a monologue than a story. Blade's story was good too, that last line is epic.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  9. Remedy

Remedy Remnant

personally i thought epickirbys was great... only if he had were allowed to write a larger story im sure it would have played out very nicely

iAqua good job. One word description? dramatic

Blade... Humorous (at least i thought so) and very in depth... i liked it

10. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Didn't get to close at midnight last night, anyways I'll take that one last vote from Zol. Final point values...

Epic Kirby- 10.5

iAqua- 12

Blade- 9

So the winner of the December 2010 Short Story Competition is iAqua! Congratulations. Looking forward to entries of January 2011 Short Story Competition :)

January 2011 Competition- http://www.khplanet.com/forums/trad...icial-short-story-competition.html#post277351

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2011
  11. Remedy

Remedy Remnant

Gratz

gratz iAqua
    very happy for you
    and good luck on the next competition

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.