• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Creepy Clowns

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Nova, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

Ok so I really didn't take this as seriously until there were sightings in the city in which I'm currently living. XD
    For those of you who are not aware or don't live in the US basically there are sightings of people dressed up as clowns luring children into secluded places with candy, toys, etc. there are also cases of people being chased or stalked by clowns with weapons. while I do believe a lot of these are just people being stupid it shows up all over my Facebook right now so heck might as well make a topic about it. have any of you encountered a clown? what are your thoughts on this weirdness?

2. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

I told them I wasn't crazy. They were always like "Oh it's just a guy in a costume" but I knew. They are fucking evil man. Clowns are fucking evil.

3. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Now, I understand! My brother keeps talking about clowns and I have know idea what the heck he is talking about, but reading this post, I had an epiphany. My brother is on Facebook and I'm not. That's why I know nothing about this.

4. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

I think a lot of them are just trolls but i wouldn't be surprised if some were worse.

5. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I haven't heard of any sightings in my town, but I have heard of some unconfirmed sightings in nearby areas. I'm not sure how true some of it actually is, as at least one police department nearby confirmed that some of the photos people were posting were reused from other people in entirely different areas. I think probably most of the actual sightings are just assholes trolling, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are sickos in the mix. I'm waiting for someone to just haul off and shoot one of these clowns. And I'm in a gun-toting area, so I figure it'll happen eventually. Maybe then these people will get a life and stop bothering everyone else.

6. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

*sees location* Welp that's unnerving. Where I'm at I wouldn't be surprised if a clown was a drug addict troll ready to fly off a handle.

Kitty likes this.
  7. Kitty

Do people on meth wig out? I think that's the main one around here, besides weed. Oh, Kentucky. :rolleyes:

Some of the "reports" I'd seen (on Facebook, so...) mentioned clowns coming onto private property. If that's the case, I could see the owner shooting at 'em. But if you're running around dressed like that trying to unnerve people, you're honestly probably asking for it, I gotta say.

8. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

The biggest issue in my area right now is a combo of meth and prescription pills. T-T

Agreed. Hopefully I see none.

9. Kitty

I hope I don't see any, either. I'm not afraid of clowns the way some people are, but some of those pictures circulating of clowns just hiding by interstate signs, or out in tall grass and such are unnerving.

I've seen some people blame the sightings on the Stephen King IT movie that's just wrapped production, and the Rob Zombie flick 31, which recently came out, since both films feature clowns (and honestly, that'd be pretty attention-grabbing marketing if the clowns kept their distance and stayed off private property), but apparently official sources say the sightings aren't associated with the films. Just trolls being trolls, I guess. Clowns are a common phobia, so you're bound to freak out someone.

10. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Isn't IT an older movie?
    I know a few with the clown phobia so that's true. Just the idea of seeing one freaks them out bad :(

11. Kitty

There was a TV miniseries made in the 90s starring Tim Curry, but this is an actual movie for theatrical release in 2017. As seen here.

12. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Ahh I see. I thought they had a movie already.

13. Kitty

Nope, just the 3+ hour 1990 TV movie/miniseries that time has not especially been kind to.

I haven't seen very many clown sightings on Facebook lately. I noticed a lot more of it in September and early October. Maybe the worst is over?

14. 月野 うさぎ

月野 うさぎ KH Graphic Team

my town's too hood for clowns to fuck with us

Kitty and Nova like this.
  15. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Perhaps it is. Hopefully most of them was just some Halloween fad.

I can't tell if thats a good thing or bad.

16. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

All I know is that here in Chicago, the clowns will "Catch these hands".