• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Chick Fight

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy IX' started by Kitty, Jan 30, 2008.

Who's the better mage/summoner?

1. Garnet/Dagger

29.4%
  2. Eiko

52.9%
  3. I can't decide

17.6%
  1. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

It's the battle of the white mages! Who did you prefer, Dagger or Eiko?

I prefered Eiko. Her summons (like Phoenix) were superior to Dagger's elementals. Eiko learned white magic quicker and also had Holy. Not to mention Dagger is useless for almost the entire third disc and won't obey any commands. While Dagger was the more pleasant character, Eiko had a lot of spunk and I thought she was a cute kid. So she wins hands-down for me.

2. Complety agree all the way, cute chick, spunky like you said, and very handy spells and summons

3. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Eiko, without question. Garnet may have had more Eidolons, but Eiko's were better. Especially Phoenix. If she had no others, I'd still use her for that. Her white magic was better, and she had Holy. And seeing as I didn't summon all that much anyway, I'll take the character with more white magic over the character with more summons.

And while most people found her annoying, I liked Eiko. I enjoyed the bratty little kid. Got a great kick out of her most of the time. Not that Garnet was bad. None of the characters in this game were bad. They all rocked. Characterwise, I like them both equally. But for battle, I'll take Eiko any day.

Especialy when Garnet's useless for most of the third disk >_<.

4. lokisenna

lokisenna New Member

eiko was my third most favourite character and second most useful character (yay one hit kills on lifa tree) if youre in to summoning and have lots of time, use garnet (arc has the longest summoning animation EVER)

5. Default_User

Default_User New Member

I say Dagger, once you got her last Eidolon, I didn't care about Madeen, anymore... even though it's a very cool one. And Holy really didn't make such a statement to me. However, I remember using them both before, and they would make the battles easier.... but for me, just the fact that they ahve to spend MP to attack is a let down for both XP

6. Reflection

Reflection New Member

I always liked Eiko's summons/white magics better, they're more useful.
    And of course Phoenix.
    <3

7. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

I have to go with I can't decide. I don't have the game yet.

8. dualblade

dualblade Break!

Eiko is my favorite.In the end I used both Dagger and Eiko in the party,so its mostly the character that gives her my vote.Sarah is cool,but I just loved Eiko more in the end.