• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Captain Hook Is Hard -_-

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories' started by LegendLatios, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LegendLatios

LegendLatios New Member

Trying to beat him, but he keeps using that combo & present thing, and I keep dying from it. Not even Cloud's omnislash will help. ._. Can someone give me tips. Oh yeah, I made another deck that had like, 8 cures, but even THAT won't help. ~sighs~

BTW this is the GBA Chain of Memories. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
  2. KingdomTarts

KingdomTarts New Member

Thank god...

Alright you want to find a healthy balance in your deck. 8 cures, ironically enough, is not healthy.

You're right to pack Cloud in there but make sure you keep ONLY 3. One for Omni Slash then when the first Cloud is eliminated by Sleight regulations, mix Cloud into a Hi-Potion/Elixer Sleight so you'll get a good hit in and the restoration of any attack cards. Before I help you with this, here's my personal deck building and game guidelines.

1. Balance the Deck : Equilibrium between Attack, Magic and Item Cards.
    2. Warning: Only add Enemy cards when they actually HELP you in the battle and you'll remember to use it at the beginning of the fight.
    3. Summons THEN Attacks: In a deck organization. Place your Summons (Cloud) first then proceed to list the rest of your deck in any order you choose.
    4. Organize Sleights: While deck building; make your sleights before you'll ever use them in battle by heading to Deck Review. You can do this by going to Status picking a sleight, see the requirements and then ordering them in the Deck Review so that when you draw your deck in the battle, pressing L + R 4 times at the beginning will pull your sleight and activate them before your enemy will have a chance to know what him, her or it.
    5. Strongest to Weakest: If you don't plan on using sleights order your attack cards from the strongest to weakest. EX. 9, 9, 8, 5, 2, 0. Mixing up cards strengths can mess up your battle rhythm and one bad Card Break can turn the tides of battle, especially an important one.
    This is also applicable by setting up sleights and then ordering your cards from strongest to weakest so that, after you've used your sleights you still have the means to continue the battle with singular cards.
    6. 6 isn't good enough... ever!: You'll notice that as you progress through the game; cards below level 7 will not longer help you. Unless they'll be used ONCE in a dedicated sleight and never applied again. Like I said; one bad Card Break will destroy you.
    7. 0 is the Sleight Killer: If possible, pepper in some 0 Cards, with the expense of a high CP Cost it is the only thing guaranteed to break an enemy Sleight, no questions asked. It is explained clearly by Leon early that 0 is the strongest card used Last. So if you allow your enemy to use, say for example; a Sleight worth 27 (9 + 9 + 9), literally the strongest possible sleight. Simply by playing a 0 card following the sleight, the enemies combo will be broken. Be sure to be prepared, some enemy sleights are hard to break after they've been initiated for a long enough time.
    8. Level Up Equally: It's always a tough decision to pick between HP, CP or Sleights during a level up, but its important to think before choosing what is important to YOU and what you think you need. The lack of one thing in this game can completely ruin the game and your only choice is 'New Game'.
    9. Train, Train and Train some more: By no means are Map Cards limited you get one after every fight. If you feel you need more training before a boss fight you can strike a door you've already opened and change the rooms interior. So, for example, if you have cleared out a room of heartless leave, hit the door, change the room and go back in.

Hook: Alright, so he uses Sleights, really powerful ones and he can surprise you with single use of cards as well, what with the ship constantly shifting and unexpectedly pushing him into you. So be ready... AT ALL TIMES. Using what I listed above; you have a better chance to beat him. If he pulls out a ridiculous sleight, quickly draw and use a 0 Card of any kind to break it.

Alternatively, by preemptively loading an Omni-Slash WITHOUT using it at the very beginning of the battle, when he uses a sleight, you'll use Omni Slash and break his card and you'll get some good damage on him.

After using one of the three Clouds the next time you use it, pair the two remaining Clouds with some sort of card restorer (preferably Attack Types) and you'll get some damage in and more attack cards. The downside is that Omni-Slash turns into Cross-Slash which requires for damage to be induced, that you stand directly next to your target.

It should be conducted like so. (Cloud + Cloud + Potions/Ether/Elixer)

Most important: Don't over use sleights! If you use to many sleights you wont have enough cards to attack OR defend and reloading will be time consuming and fatal as well.

Worst Case Scenario, you'll have to start a new game.

Best of luck.

Tarty.

3. ImmaRikuOfficial

ImmaRikuOfficial New Member

IKR Man, He is real hard, it was hard fighting him with Codebreaker codes because half of my original ones didn't work and were invalid.:eek:

4. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Don't post in threads older than 3 months. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.