• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Aqua sig tut(gimp)

Discussion in 'Video / Cinema' started by Vor, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Vor

Vor Princess Eater

Aqua sig tut i formed, no ripping please

Tools needed

Brushes

-Browsing deviantART

- Browsing deviantART

Skills

- Good usage of gimp and knowledge of every tab

Render

- Aqua like this
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/_...mages/thumb/8/88/AquaCG2.png/93px-AquaCG2.png
    (only resized, there was another site that had this but can't remember it)

End Product
    [​IMG]

Step 1
    Open a blank black canvas with the width of 480 and the height of 200

[​IMG]

Step 2
    Using the first link of brushes, create a universal scene on the left
    (look up how to download brushes in gimp)

[​IMG]

Step 3
    Open your render, use fuzzy select, then invert, then cut. Before you paste, create a new layer that's transparent and paste it there

[​IMG]

Step 4
    (on the background)
    Glam it up with the grudge brushes i put in the second brush link

[​IMG]

Step 5
    Add some light turquoise to the outside of Aqua's keyblade

[​IMG]

Step 6
    Fill in the empty around Aqua with some light colors

[​IMG]

Step 7
    Add text(yellow) and it can be whatever you want, including font

[​IMG]

Step 8
    Opacity:27.5?%(near there at least)
    Looks somewhat bad right, well clean it up using a night star grudge brush(i used the first one) color it in different colors around the sig

[​IMG]

Step 9
    We aren't done yet, now gimp doesn't have create process sadly so i use fotoflexer to get that. Go there upload the file of this sig(PNG is best for this). Then go to effects, create process and raise the strength a little

[​IMG]

Step 10*
    This optional but you can add a border to the image of course, but still go back to gimp, go to layer, add new layer and transparent. Now go to select all, shrink, 4px and you will see lines around the image in some places. Now go to invert and these lines will shrink, now color it with a brush, i used white as my color

[​IMG]

There you go, now your finished with the sig

RIPPERS
    SHALL
    DIE
    IN
    A
    LIVING
    HELL

2. ADogX

ADogX R.I.P. Captain Unohana

wow this great! You definitaly took your time on this! The tutorial and steps are very helpful!

3. Vor

Vor Princess Eater

thank you, i did it in about 20 minutes after constant revising and failures because of browser

4. ADogX

ADogX R.I.P. Captain Unohana

No problem! The fact you can do this in 20 minutes just proves you're an amazing sig maker! Hopefully I can make something like this one day. I can only do simple things like Color Mask/Enhancement, B&W Conversion, 3D text, etc.

5. Malibu

Malibu New Member

Probably would have been easier to make the tutorial in Gimp as one whole image rather than make your whole post the tutorial. But still good job, nice of you to supply the resources.

6. FatewithFury

FatewithFury New Member

not bad exelent work buddy1!