• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Any news on ff7?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy VII' started by Omega Snake, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omega Snake

Omega Snake New Member

hi i was just wondering if anyone know whether or not they are going to do the remake of final fantasy 7 for ps3, i have no idea why they have not already, they know how much of a constitution it has become yet they do nothing about it. If they made it I'm sure that it would fly off the shelf in no time, everyone would want it. So basically getting back to the question, any news peeps?

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

As far as I know, Square is still denying that this will happen, at least any time soon. And god, I hope it doesn't. I couldn't be more tired of anything related to VII. :rolleyes:

3. GrandShadow

GrandShadow I accept your challange.

they will not, i repeat, will not remake FF:VII for any of the current or future consoles.
    we'd be lucky if it got remade to the DS like the rest are.

FF:VII will remain a PS classic. if you want to play it so bad then shell out twenty bucks and download it off the PSN like the rest of us.

4. Omega Snake

Omega Snake New Member

yeah i must admit there is quite a bit to do with final fantasy 7 out there, but i think itle be great, and there is one more thing though when you think about it Konami did a remake of Metal Gear Solid and called it Twin Snakes so why not an even more popular game where the company is even more famous do a few remakes :/. Petty they are still denying it though :(

5. 歩 Ayumu

歩 Ayumu New Member

In an interview prior to XIII's release, Nomura (director of FF7) stated that it will not happen, as it will take almost four times the length to make that FF13 took, which equates to 14 years.
    The reasoning behind the denial was because the excessive level of detail that would be required for the game would far exceed beyond what they went through for XIII. And, by the time they'd have it done, who knows what the state of gaming would be, or what consoles were available for that matter.
    Besides, if Nomura was to even work on it, he'd have to abandon all of his other projects, which is quite a bit of work.
    o.o;

6. Kitty

I haven't heard that one before. If that's the case, I don't think even massive sales would make spending that amount of time worthwhile. So many other games would be neglected. VII is a good game, but it's not worth all that.

7. Tsukiyomi

Tsukiyomi Shinto's Moon God

To tell you the truth, when I first saw the Dirge of Cerberus secret ending (if you haven't seen it then I'm sorry.) I thought Genesis was going to get his own game and that was going to be the end of the compilation. But it looks like that will never happen so looks like the compilation is officialy done.

8. 歩 Ayumu

歩 Ayumu New Member

Ah, when I found the article, it was actually Kitase. Sorry for the mishap D: But, here's the read if you want to check it out

Kitase: Final Fantasy VII remake would take 14 years - for News - VideoGamer.com

But, I'd have to agree. FF7 is dear to my heart, but it wouldn't be any closer with better graphics. :3

@ Tsukiyomi: I actually haven't beaten it before ;.; Maybe I should plug it in today so I can destroy it o.o I think I got about half-way through the game, tbh lol.
    I think moving on from the compilation will be good for them. Except, maybe localize Before Crisis for NA and Europe >>

9. dualblade

dualblade Break!

I can see them one day doing a remake,even though right now it would take forever.Im sure one day they will be able to drastically cut down the time.

Whether you love it or not,VII is the most popular FF game.It isnt my favorite,but if there was enough new stuff I might buy it simply because I do like it.It isnt a bad game.I might have liked it better though if I didnt know some of the bigger plot twists,mostly involving Aeris.Thats what I get for playing it after playing KH.

10. 歩 Ayumu

歩 Ayumu New Member

xD Oh man, that reminded me of back when I was first playing FF7, while I had my save file in the City of the Ancients, I told a friend that I was there and asked if I was close to the end of disc 1. He said "<Aerith twist here incase some haven't played>, so yes, you are."
    My response was "e.e' Thanks a lot..."
    v_v; Mean...

11. dualblade

dualblade Break!

I think everyone knows that twist by now.I mean,I first saw it on TV.If anything just talking about VII somewhere will eventually spoil you to these things.Though sometimes it will give you perceptions that are not true.Cloud is more stable then some people will lead you to believe.

12. Raven

Raven New Member

Actually you'd be very surprised at who doesn't know what becomes of Aeris in the game. My friend, practically obsessed with RPG's began getting into the Final Fantasy series after playing FFIV. He eventually gets his hands on FFVII and began playing the game. Of course he has his favorites and Aeris is one of them. I'd assumed he already knew what happened to Aeris and so I told him to not bother with her so much in terms of EXP that he would lose her. Long story short, he stopped playing and moved onto FFVIII.

I'm an awful friend..

13. dualblade

dualblade Break!

Huh.Well,I guess it happens,my mistake.Not your fault,I would have been the same probably.

Makes you wonder if the rumors of being able to bring her back would happen again.So many of them for VII,it wouldnt surprise me if people tried again in a remake.

14. Raven

Raven New Member

Definitely. Anything to spark hope in Aeris' fans everywhere, and therefore increase hype for the remake.

Honestly I don't want another Final Fantasy 7 game. I'd rather they work on their new titles, specifically in the storylines. I didn't find FFXIII as good as its predecessors, but it was still pretty good. It definitely could have been better.

15. Kitty

I agree with this, except the part about XIII because I haven't played it yet.

I say they leave the past in the past and focus more on making epic games in the present.

Thanks for linking the article. So I wonder why they think the game would take so long. It's not like they're coming up with the story or characters from scratch. Is VII just that much more in depth? If so, makes me wonder why they didn't put more effort into XII or XIII.

16. dualblade

dualblade Break!

I believe it is because it would take that long to make all the graphics for the towns and such.If that is the same ariticle I read a couple days ago (too lazy to check),then the reason XIII didnt have towns and stuff was because of how long it would take to create them.Apparently a very long time.The good thing about lower graphics is that it lets you create all these towns in less time then higher graphics.

Of course,I only skimmed it,I wasnt looking for info at the time,just a random article I found.

Also,I loved XIII.It is a slow in the begining,but after about chapter 5 it picks up,for me atleast.Chapter 12 begining was probably one of the best parts of the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.