• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Ansem & Xemnas Ramble

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts 2' started by Derek, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I THINK THEY SHOULD’VE BEEN TRULY AMNESIAC.
    I’ve been on record before about how I think later reveals ruined them as villains to me but I dont really wanna focus on that. It’d just be ranting.

Overall I think it was just more believable to Master Xehanort, our main villain. Xehanort, to me, seems far more believable as an opportunist than he does a mater manipulator. His schemes in BBS and DDD bordered on Sosuke Aizen levels of unrealistic character understanding.

The story wouldn’t have even changed that much, KH1 through Kh2 would’ve been a condensed story. This amnesiac scientist goes too far in his research, Sora stops him.

In BBS we learn the origins of this man and get a grasp of what drove the old villains. The lack of memory coupled with Xehanorts curiosity and Terra’s affinity for the dark.

[​IMG]

BBS is then this new launching point. We know who Master Xehanort is and what he wants. As of DDD he is back but with him also come the memories of Ansem and Xemnas. Their experiences, their research.

Xehanorts BBS plan and possession of Terra failed but now he has an even greater grasp on how to get what he wants. Learns from the mistakes. I mean…it just feels more natural in this context.

It makes the old Nort believable with his schemes and smoothly transitions from the old trilogy into the broader series BBS started. It’s a minor change but one I wish they had kept.

Kitty and deltamind like this.
  2. deltamind

deltamind New Member

I THINK THEY SHOULD’VE BEEN TRULY AMNESIAC.

YES YES YES!

3. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

lol So ya think so too? =] It would've made the contradictory roles a bit more smooth.