• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Advent Children Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Compilation of Final Fantasy VII' started by Kitty, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

What did y'all think of the movie?

Graphically, I thought it was amazing. The characters looked almost real and the fight scenes were quick-paced and fluid. I was a little disappointed in the story, however. There was too much Cloud and Tifa and not enough of some of the other party members (like Cid, Red, Cait Sith, Barret, and Yuffie). I did enjoy the Cloud/Aerith bits. I was glad to see she wasn't forgotten.

The movie was alright, but wouldn't appeal to anyone who wasn't already a fan.

2. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

I see your point about the producers not showing much except Tifa and cloud. but i thought it was amazing in and out(with a few flukes that is) i would have liked it to have had some purpose this didn't seem like much got settled or solved. Sephiroth is still around it appears and the story continues. sure it leaves much for a sequel which most likely will not be done but at least its there. right?

3. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

I thought this was good. It brought more closure to a game who's ending left very little. I thought the story, while not as sophisticated as the games was, was decent, and left me interested. The battles were great, and the scenes between Cloud and Aeris, and Cloud and Tifa were well done, and truly did capture the love triangle in it's original spirit. I'm especially fond of the line Tifa says about halfway in. "Which is it? A memory or us?" It really does capture the essence of both relationships. It acknowledges how much Cloud cared for Aerith, but at the same time, telling him to own up to the fact that she's gone, and see what he has in front of him.

That said, I think that Toph is definitely right. The other party members should have had a larger role in the story. Red XIII doesn't even have a line that I can recall. They show up for one battle, and then it's over. It's sad.

I did enjoy seeing many of the games elements used in the movie. It was interesting to see some of the limit breaks making appearances, although that Omnislash wasn't a very good Omnislash. The small jokes like the Victory Fanfare ringtone were ammusing. And it was nice to see Marlene having a somewhat important role.

Now, that being said, there are some things that are kinda messed up. The one that annoys me most is this. Why is Tseng all of a sudden alive? He was killed towards the end of disk one by Sephiroth, or rather one of his clones. It's not like Rufus where you see him blown up, but never a body. You watch Tseng die. So why is he alive?

So basically, yeah, what Toph said. It's good for a fan, but if you didn't play the game, you wouldn't enjoy it as much, if you could even follow it at all.

4. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

Simple solution, Tseng didn't die haha.

5. Kitty

I was confused by Tseng in the movie as well. You meet up with Elena in Icicle Inn (or whatever that place was called- where Gast used to live) and she smacks Cloud and rants because she thought it had been Cloud who'd messed up Tseng. Just the way it was worded led me to believe he'd died. Plus, you see Sephy run his sword through him. I guess the guy's just tougher than he looks. Or S-E forgot they killed him.

I think Red had one line. He had a stupid accent that didn't really fit him. I think it was British, which I don't think fits the locale of Cosmo Canyon much. v_v

6. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Oh yeah, I forgot. One, right at the very end of the movie. Otherwise it's just Cait Sith and his Scottish accent sitting on his head smacking him.

7. Kitty

And what the hell was up with that? I can't see Red from the game letting anyone ride on him. Plus, I'd wanted to see Cait on his moogle.

8. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Yeah, and he didn't have the megaphone either.

Another little thing that bugged me was that the materia Kadaj uses to summon Bahamut is the wrong color. It should be red, not green.

9. Ruxath

Ruxath New Member

I loved it, and honestly I am glad it was mostly about Cloud and Tifa XD *is one of "them" gasp* Cloud reminds me so much of myself personallity wise though that its actually rather scary, but it made it better to me because I can relate to Cloud in alot of ways (XD including hairstyle now!) visually it was awesome, and its still one of my favorite movies (if not my favorite of all time) I liked the story honestly, though certain scenes were rather.. odd (phone..)

but all in all... I am a huge fan of the movie (and want more FFVII because of it XD)

10. raykid100

raykid100 New Member

The reminiscence of FFVII was the best thing they could do about it. So the people will know what happened in the game.

11. how does the game of Crisis Core affect the events of Advent Children

12. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

Crisis Core is before FFVII, Advent children is after, so there is really no DIRECT affect.

13. lokisenna

lokisenna New Member

they did that because square had a game planned in which a cat character rode a dog, but never got released
    so its a lil allusion to that
    plus would it really have been to fun to see a fat mog run around while a cat screamed into it?

I love how the good guys arent allowed to use materia anymore also =D

one thing I would have liked to see is more places in the world, or the remains of some weapons, something like that

14. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty good, although I think that they should have made it longer. When I saw it, it seemed to just fly on by.

15. Kitty

Yes. More fun than seeing him do the same to poor Red, who based on the game would probably have been too proud to allow that in the first place.

16. lokisenna

lokisenna New Member

haha, true
    but Ive always had a problem with obese moogles...kidding

anyways

one of my favourite things about the movie was picking out all the limit breaks
    I know I saw cloud, tifa, red XIII, and Cid use them for sure and I think maybe vincent and yuffie...oh..and barret! he used big shot =p

17. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

The way they showed omnislash was awesome.:D Too bad it wasn't like that in the game

18. Kyuu

Kyuu your worst nightmare.

I love the movie! <3 It's awesome, all the way!

19. Kairi008

Kairi008 New Member

The movie was amazing! The characters and the fights were great!

20. ~Narikoo~

~Narikoo~ New Member

Aww! I LOVE Advent Children ! Sometimes I watch it over and over again, the characters are so cute ! <3 (MmM... yeah, even when they fight hihihi) ^^*