• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

A Very Potter Musical

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Kitty, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

So, I've been on a Harry Potter kick recently, and only just discovered this. For anyone who doesn't know, it's a parody musical put on by a group of college kids set in Harry's second year, but pulling bits and pieces from all of the books. There's also a sequel, which I'm just starting to watch. Probably, I'm late to the game and this is old news, since the show first ran back some time in '09, I believe, but does anyone else find AVPM totally awesome?

The link to Team StarKid's YouTube page, where you can find the musical and its sequel: YouTube - StarKidPotter's Channel

EtherealSummoner likes this.
  2. Goldfish

Goldfish Cats in the Cradle

Totally awesome? It's Harry freakin' Potter!
    That was a lot more than I expected. Going through part one and two of act one, I found it really entertaining. I stopped there because this is making me want to pick up all the books and read through them all first to get a better understanding of future jokes within the musical (I've only gone through the first three books but have watched all current films). It probably won't stop me, I'll probably get through them (AVPM) all tomorrow ^^;

Thanks for sharing =]
    _______
    EDIT
    I'm also going to try and find some RED VINES.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  3. Kitty

Is it wrong that I now ship Voldemort/Quirrell after watching this? Lmao.

I think the actors and writers for this are geniuses. The chick (lmao) who plays Malfoy is spot on (better than Tom Felton?) and I couldn't stop laughing whenever he had a scene. Loved the portrayal of Ginny, too (Gawd, was she annoying in the books). Just perfect.

I'm almost done with Act I of A Very Potter Sequel, and I think it's good, too. Maybe not quite as hilarious as AVPM, so far anyway, but still worth checking out.

EDIT: Done with AVPS, and it turned out to be totally awesome, too. Had some great Snape moments, and Lupin was just as I imagined him, lol. Minus a few little things. XD

4. Terra

Terra (Previously RoxasXRiku)

This was hilarious, not as hilarious as it could be though, because my sister FORCED me to watch it, like seriously forced me, and so that dampened the humor a bit.

5. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!! I SHALL WATCH IT ALL!! Thank you so much. I found it so funny that the actor tried to sing as Lucious Malfoy. I thought that he was going to start dancing.

6. Kitty

Make sure you're watching the right one. A Very Potter Musical comes first, then A Very Potter Sequel (though technically, it's a prequel >_<). I suppose really, you could watch it in either order, but there will be jokes in AVPS that are a lot funnier if you've seen AVPM first. I assume you clicked on the sequel first, since you mentioned Lucius, and I'm pretty positive he wasn't in the original.

Though speaking of him, the Malfoys in this are just great. I'm reading Prisoner of Azkaban now, and whenever I read a line of Draco's, I imagine the voice and face of Lauren, the actress who played him. That's how good she was. :D

No one should have to be forced to watch it, they should want to see it of their own free will, because it is epic. But seriously, I can see why annoying sisters would put a damper on things.

The sequel sinks into some toilet humor a little more than I consider necessary, but it's got some surprisingly touching moments- the [possible spoiler]Mirror of Erised sequence[/spoiler] for one. The songs are a little better in the original (and there felt like there were more of them), but the story is top notch in both, imo. I love the way they mash all of the books together, but still make a coherent story.

7. Forever Hearts

Forever Hearts New Member

I LOVE AVPM and AVPS sooooo much. Just been listening to the soundtrack for AVPSY, I can't wait for that to come out!