• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

A Lesson in Adaptation <Taboo Sho> Vs <Kairu>

Discussion in 'Roleplay Arena' started by Taboo Sho, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

This is a match up between @Kairu and @Taboo Sho it is not to the death and will not be judged. The battle will take place between the current level Lilith and Tess from the ongoing rp Divine Inheritance. The profiles can be found in the OOC for that thread.

The location is a large field, stretching as far as the eye can see.
    [​IMG]

Kairu may have the first post.

2. RebelMurf

RebelMurf Hero of the Wild

It was a cool evening. The sun was setting and its heat was going with it. A cool breeze was blowing causing the grass to sway and the branches of the trees to swing. The first stars were beginning to show themselves, and the moon was making its appearance. In the shadows of the trees overlooking the field Tess stood watching. Once she left the tree line there was nowhere to hide. Lilith should be here soon. If Tess could capture her, the contract Merrick made with the emperor would be done and they would be free to carry about their own business.

The sun had set and the moon was shining brightly when Tess saw the silhouette of the woman she was looking for. Stepping out of the trees she made her way to the centre of the field. She reached out with her life empowerment ability and confirmed that the person walking to her was Lilith. She then extended the influence of her power in all directions trying to sense if she was alone or if her allies were with her. Tess thought of retreating back to the tree line. But if the woman hadn’t already seen her, chances are she wouldn’t approach the forest unless she had to. Tess reached into her belt and pulled out several vials. Examining them she took one popped the stopper and swallowed its contents. Replacing the other vials in her belt she checked to make sure her weapons were still in place. Pulling a throwing knife from her belt she waited for Lilith to make her way to her.

Nova likes this.
  3. Taboo Sho

The field she was in was stunning, long and undamaged by the wars surrounding her on a day to day basis. It was a nice change of pace from the usual scenery. It was a bit cold, now that the sun had set, but she had dealt with far worse conditions when she was imprisoned.

Lilith had decided to take a walk away from the group before they moved on to Barrisor and she was glad she did. "If only the world could be like this place... Serene and peaceful. I will make it so. That is my promise" She spoke to herself as she walked forward, none the wiser that she was being watched. Of course, she was no fool, and had her weapon on her in case something happened, but she was positive that nobody else would be out here.

She was about to learn how wrong she really was...

4. RebelMurf

Tess had crouched low to hide herself in the grass. She was grateful that she had taken the time to wrap her blades so the moon didn’t shine off of them. Skulking towards the Lilith Tess pulled a small bomb from her belt. Attaching it to her throwing knife she pulled a tab that caused it to smoke. Tess stood up revealing her position and threw the knife at Lilith’s feet. The bomb slowly began to smoke, more and more until it suddenly burst throwing a cloud of smoke in all directions.

“Breath it in” Tess said more to herself than Lilith. The bomb wasn’t designed to hurt. Instead it contained a paralytic that over time caused whoever inhaled the toxic gas to lose the ability to move.

The profile that the Black Guild held on Lilith, while not up to date when Tess was still with the guild, informed her of Lilith’s strength. While Lilith had been in captivity for years Tess knew she had to be wary.

Nova likes this.
  5. Taboo Sho

Things just couldn't be simple could they... Lilith's good mood was ruined as a gleam of light shot out from the trees and landed by her feet, causing her to jump back on instinct alone. It was a dagger with something attached... Assassins?! If so this could be dangerous. She backed farther away just as the smoke began spewing from the item attached to the dagger. Lilith was no fool, but even still, it would be unwise to fight blind, though she was unaware of what else the smoke was capable of.

Holding her breath and backpedaling away from the smoke, Lilith pulled her bisento off her back and readied it for combat. Once she was far enough way that she could breath again, she released her held breath and looked around the area, though the smoke blocked alot of what was in front of her.

"Who are you? Have you come for my head too?"

6. RebelMurf

Tess considered retreating back into the smoke and trying another surprise attack. “No. I don’t want it, but I work for someone who does”. She obviously changed her mind. “You, you are the reason my brother and I can’t carry on with our business. And once this is taken care of, Merrick and I will be on our way. You have a choice to make Newgate. Will you come with me quietly, or are you going to kick up a fuss?”

Nova likes this.
  7. Taboo Sho

Lilith let a small smile grace her face as she heard the woman talk, "I see. I'm sure that's not entirely true, but if you insist. Unfortunately, as much as I dislike the idea of unnecessary fighting, you obviously won't let me go without a fight..." Readying her weapon, Lilith focused her mind on the battle at hand. No distractions... She couldn't afford to lose here. "So on that note, I think I'll have to kick up a fuss if you don't mind."

8. RebelMurf

“Thought as much” Tess said. She turned her back to Lilith and started walking away. With a sudden twist she threw another little bomb. This one when it landed caused a bright flash that would be blinding. Using the opportunity Tess rushed in to close the distance between herself and Lilith. When she was close Tess unleashed a flurry of punches and kicks while maintaining the closeness between them. Tess knew that fighting at a distance Lilith had the obvious advantage. Keeping the attack going Tess was hoping that the giantess’s would soon lose consciousness.

Tess threw one last punch to the gut before jumping and aiming a kick to Lilith’s chin.

Nova likes this.
  9. Taboo Sho

Blinded so suddenly, Lilith had no idea what to expect as all of a sudden she was assaulted by what she assumed were punches and kicks, or at least they felt like them. She stumbled back as the barrage on her person continued, and her vision began to return as the girl jumped into the air. She had to defend herself in some manner, so she reared her head back and slammed it downwards at the assassin as she got closer, in an attempt to knock her away, and hopefully make some distance between the two. She could tell right away, this would not be an easy fight.

10. RebelMurf

Tess hadn’t expected Lilith to recover so quickly. The girl’s quick thinking and counter took Tess by surprise. The result was Tess landing ungracefully on her back. Tess rolled back and used the momentum to come to her feet. She stood for a moment to assess the situation. The giantess looked mostly uninjured by the attacks. Tess regretted not asking Merrick to come. She wondered momentarily if it would be possible to signal him some way.

Tess turned her attention back to Lilith. Trying to maintain the close proximity Tess jumped again aiming a kick at the woman’s head.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Nova likes this.
  11. Taboo Sho

Lilith had to admit, this girl had tenacity. Shame she wasn't on her side. Not expecting such a quick recovery, Lilith was nailed upside the head by her opponent, and she staggered backwards. A bit dazed, she still realized now was as good a chance as any she'd get to try and close out this fight early, with the other girl likely off balance from having to leap so high into the air. Rearing her now glowing white fist back quickly, and with a smile, Lilith slammed her fist against the mystery girl as she was coming back towards the ground.

12. RebelMurf

Tess realised too late what was coming. The impact from the hit was tremendous. It had been a long time since Tess had ever been hit that hard. The punch sent her flying back landing in the field with enough force to create a small fissure where she landed. Tess lay their struggling to breath. After a few moments she sat up still gasping and holding her abdomen. Tess’s breathing slowly returned to normal, and Tess turned her head and spat out a mouthful of bright silver blood.

“Shit” Tess said standing up and making a vain attempt to remove the dirt from her clothes. Standing up she seemed to be unharmed by the attack. “I see why they call you the strongest in the world” Tess said to Lilith. “Thank the Gods for my healing ability. I would have been finished otherwise” She thought to herself. “I thought this would be over by now and that I’d be on my way” She spoke again to Lilith. “I see in underestimated your ability” Tess said the last statement tasting bitter, or maybe that was just the aftertaste of her blood. She spat again and then proceeded to draw a dagger in one hand and a throwing knife in the other. “Come, lets end this”.

Nova likes this.
  13. Taboo Sho

Lilith frowned slightly at the comment, but shook her head slightly, "You aren't a bad fighter yourself, but brute strength isn't going to win you every fight... A lesson I myself, am still learning. I may be the strongest physically, but if I can't apply it when in battle, it's useless..." I think I'm starting to get what Voltair was talking about.

When the girl got up, Lilith was quick to realize she seemed quite unharmed by the attack, and considering the girl's reaction, and bit of blood loss, it had hit hard, so it wasn't a natural protection like hers... A healing ability perhaps. But how potent? It seemed to kick in quite quickly but would it last? Ahhhh. I'm not good at this tactical stuff... She thought quietly to herself as Tess pulled two weapons out and to the ready. Rubbing the back of her head, Lilith sighed loudly. "You're really going to keep at this then huh? Alright... " Readying her own weapon, Lilith prepared herself for her opponent's next attack.

Nova likes this.
  14. RebelMurf

Always hesitant to attack” Tess thought to herself. “Must have picked that up from Jaxx. If this is how they both fight they must take a ridiculously long time” Losing patience Tess started running towards Lilith. She was impressed with the distance the punch had thrown her. Tess threw her knife at Lilith and dashed to the left; she threw another knife and again dashed to the left. This positioned Tess behind Lilith; she had closed the distance between them considerable and drawing another dagger she jumped at Lilith aiming her daggers for the woman’s back.

Nova likes this.
  15. Taboo Sho

Lilith was not expecting the first knife to come so quickly and braced for the hit, only for it to bounce off her like it was made of rubber. Raising an eyebrow as the other knife did the same, she turned as the assassin again jumped into the air to attack, and as the daggers bounced off Lilith's hardened body, Lilith attacked during the recoil, glowing fists coming together for a combined strike on her opponent. If she could heal, then Lilith had to test how much she could recover from, no holding back now...

I hope I don't kill her by mistake though... she seems like a nice person. Ohhhhh maybe I should hold back. Ahhhhh...

16. RebelMurf

Tess didn’t remember landing. She didn’t remember feeling the force of the hit before Lilith’s fists had even made contact with her. She didn’t remember the impact her body made hitting into and tearing up the earth. “Shit” Tess said opening her eyes. Her vision was blurred and it took awhile for her eyes to adjust. “Shit” she said again. Looking around she couldn’t see Lilith. “I wonder how far she sent me” She thought still lying in the dirt, “I could just stay here. Whose damned idea was this anyway, Face the giantess;” She scolded herself “She can’t be too much trouble” Tess was angry, she wasn’t sure if the anger was directed at herself or Lilith. She decided it was at Lilith. Her healing ability kicked in a little slower than she would have preferred. Once the healing process had finished Tess lay there awhile longer. “I’m going to kill her”

Standing up and looking around her Tess tried to get her bearings. Fortunately she recognised the area she was in. In fact this may turn to her advantage. Tess had left that ungodly relic around here. Might be time she took a page out of her book.

Nova likes this.
  17. Taboo Sho

Lilith watched the woman fly backwards and disappear from sight, and sighed. "Great... Now she has time to recover. I suppose it'd be a good time to catch my breath too, come to think of it." Stabbing her bisento into the ground Lilith leaned against it and took some deep breaths before deciding maybe it wasn't such a good idea to stand idly by while an assassin was undoubtedly plotting her demise from the shadows.

But then again... if she waited... She hadn't attempted to utilize her third boon since she last fought Jaxx... perhaps if she focused, she could prevent another sneak attack without revealing more of her abilities to her foe. And so, she focused on the area around her, waiting for her opponent to strike.

"Ha! Voltair would be proud... At least I think he would be..."

18. RebelMurf

“Let’s try this again” Tess said seeing Lilith leaning against her bisento. Her clothes were still in tatters, her hair a mess and disarrayed but otherwise she looked to be in good health. This time however she carried Roxanne’s scythe with her. The weapon was massive and Tess knew that it had been enhanced. She had it standing beside her holding it in one hand. “Not a very pretty weapon, and the true owner is a complete bitch. But it should get the job done” Tess said smiling a sly grin.

“But that’s not all! Oh no, not by far, a gift of my own. Veni, ad me” There was a bright blue flash and when it passed Tess was wearing armour. “Now then, let’s go”

[​IMG]
    Roxanne scythe

[​IMG]
    Tess's armour

Nova likes this.
  19. Taboo Sho

Well this is certainly surprising. Lilith thought to herself. From daggers and knives to a massive scythe and full body armor. Somebody was a little peeved that they weren't winning obviously... "Look... I think you may be taking this a bit too seriously. I'm going to assume you're working for either Jaxx or Atticus, as they are the only two who know I'm alive that want my head. I'm not your enemy. At least... not technically. I don't want to keep fighting you, but I will continue to if you insist on impeding my progress."

Holding her weapon at the ready, Lilith maintained her focus and stared directly at her opponent. "The burdens I must endure are nothing compared to those of the people suffering out there, and I will not allow you or anyone else to stop me from achieving my goals!" She pictured Jaxx, all those years ago telling her she didn't have what it took to make the difficult decisions, when to sacrifice one for the sake of many... Perhaps she was right. Maybe she didn't have what it took, not yet, and certainly not then... But she was certainly not going to allow her story to end at the hands of an assassin!

"If you still wish to fight, then come, but I promise, I will not hold back any longer..."

20. RebelMurf

(OOC: Sorry for the delay in getting this up)

Tess stood watching as Lilith readied herself. The last comment brought a sly smile to her lips as she thought back to the hits she had taken. It would be interesting to see just how strong she was when she ‘wasn’t holding back’. Tess tested the weight of the scythe with a swing and she carried the motion turning the weapon in a full circle. For the size of the weapon it handled well if not a little heavy. “Child of Pluto”. Tess heard from seemingly nowhere. “I will fight with you” Tess looked down at the weapon in her hand. It was communicating with her. The scythe suddenly felt lighter in her hand and Tess tested the weapon again swinging it in front of her. Not only was the weapon easier to handle but it seemed to share its thoughts with Tess.

Grabbing the scythe suddenly in two hands mimicking Lilith’s own stance Tess smiled an evil smile. “Let us end this!”

Nova and Oath like this.
  21. Taboo Sho

Lilith sighed loudly, before begrudgingly stepping forward, nearly within Tess's newfound reach. She examined the new weapon for but a moment before deciding it was probably a good idea to start using her weapon now too. Allowing her natural boons to enhance her body and weapon, she held her weapon in the guardian stance her father taught her, not many people had weapons that could match the reach of her own, but even still, with all the Demigods out there, it was always possible to find one who could. It wasn't anything special, certainly, but it made it easier to combat longer reaching weapons like a halberd, or spear... or in this case a scythe.

She knew one thing for certain, if she let this girl to close, this fight would be over, for a change, she'd need to maintain a reasonable distance, and she probably wouldn't be able to rely much on her powers... The weapon looked dangerous, as if it belonged to Pluto himself, which she wouldn't doubt for a moment. Her thoughts on the fight, Lilith looked up at the assassin with a newfound fire in her eyes. "Come then, we shall shape our futures here."