• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance will forever be changed by the finale of Kingdom Hearts Union

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance' started by Elfdemon, May 31, 2021.

1. Elfdemon

Elfdemon Member

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance will forever be changed by the finale of Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross].

The entire experience of playing KHDDD will now forever be different due to the reveal about Dream Eaters in the finale of KHUχ. I'll never be able to look at Dream Eaters the same way again. And I love that.

We literally collect dead/"sleeping" children like they're Pokémon. That's dark as hell. I guess we now know why they're called "Spirits."

Instead of seeing them as cuddly and cute animal creatures, I now look at them with sorrow. These were our friends and companions. Our fellow Dandelions. It makes so much more sense now why we see a scene of Ventus smiling at the end of KHDDD when Sora goes back to the realm of sleep to greet his Dream Eaters. And why one of the most prominent things Ventus remembers from his long time in Sora's heart is seeing "weird animal creatures."

I don't even want to think about what the Dream Pieces from KHDDD implies. Collecting and putting together pieces of dead kids? Kingdom Hearts really went there.

And when your Dream Eater loses all of its health in KHDDD, it'll permanently die unless you quickly run up to it and save it. Pain. Just pain.

EDIT: I'd like to clarify that the Spirit Dream Eaters aren't just the sleeping hearts of the wielders. They are the sleeping hearts of the wielders formed together with their Chirithys. Their Chirithys form together with their sleeping hearts to protect and watch over them. It can sort of be seen as the Chirithys turning into protective shells over the hearts. And that's what Spirit Dream Eaters are. Chirithys and the sleeping hearts of the Dandelions merged into one.

Last edited: May 31, 2021