• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by EbeneezerAl, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Jumanji: The Next Level: Sorry, not sorry, but I love all three of the Jumanji films. I thought this newest one had a lot of heart, great comedic timing, and a really talented cast. I still really love the plot of bring inside a video game, and the way the actors playing the game avatars mimic the actors playing real people is really cool imo. The new additions to the cast were welcome. My only nitpick is that the stakes didn't feel very high- I miss a little of the horror feel from the Robin Williams film. Regardless, I will always go and see these films.

2. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Sonic the Hedgehog

Video game movies have a longstanding record of being mired by general sloppiness; honestly, the best we've gotten until now was probably the first Mortal Kombat motion picture and even that was setting the bar pretty low.

Maybe it's simply for the fact that they waited on making it until the necessary technology was matured enough; maybe it's because the creators actually took fan opioons to heart during the design process and amended their design for the blue blur. Whatever the case is l, Sonic the Hedgehog, after having been in a relatively obscure place in the video game market, has used his speed to come from behind to oust other video game adaptations, and set a more reasonable bar for future movies of that genre to strive to and surpass.

((More to come once I'm at my computer and had some coffee)).

3. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

The Hunt

Sorry not sorry. It's amazing.

4. Kitty

The Invisible Man (2020): I enjoyed the psychological aspects of the story and wish there'd been more of it, that the movie had played up the "is she crazy?" angle a little more. The audience knows pretty early on that the main character is really being stalked, and it lessened the suspense for me a little. I thought the acting was well done. Elisabeth Moss's portrayal as a woman who'd been trapped in a domestic violence situation was realistic in my opinion. I liked the supporting characters, especially the sister, and I liked how they used the brother-in-law character. I thought the effects were convincing. I did think there were some holes in the story (like Elisabeth Moss' character being blamed for things it should have been easily proven that she didn't do), but overall I enjoyed the film and I'd watch it again.

Trolls World Tour: Second feature at the drive-in. I didn't think it had the same charm as the first, but for a movie to take your kids to, it was pretty good. The moral was a little clumsy in my opinion, and I didn't find the plot especially engaging, but the voice acting was done well and so was the animation. If you don't have kids to entertain, I probably wouldn't pay a whole lot to see this, but if you do, it's an enjoyable enough way to pass the time and the kids would probably like it.

5. Kitty

Tenet: I'm pretty sure I missed a whole lot of what was going on in this movie. I feel like this is the sort of movie I need to watch multiple times and really pay attention to. That said, I did enjoy it. I thought the action and fight scenes were well choreographed and I thought all of the actors did a really great job as well. Seeing the inverted people and objects interact in the forward-flowing time was pretty cool. It's just that I think there were a lot of small but important details that I likely missed the first time around. I'd like to see it again.

Unhinged: This one isn't an Oscar-winner, but I kinda liked it? I think Russell Crowe did lumbering nutcase really well, and I liked the female lead as well. At some points in the movie, like during this opening news montage, I thought they were trying to make a wider point about society, and I wasn't feeling that. And the movie obviously took things to a height which wouldn't be super likely to play out in real life and some of the characters' choices were sort of dumb. But there was this realism to the story, that there are people out there who are off their rocker and could snap at any moment, and I do find that pretty scary, especially with the experience of being out as a woman alone or with children. And I've also known two separate people who've had guns pulled on them by people road raging, and I've been a passenger in a car almost run off the road by a semi pissed off that the driver in my car wouldn't let them over into the far left lane, so I guess this premise at least hit home for me in a way movies with a supernatural twist or slasher flicks don't. I definitely joked about not using my horn anymore while leaving the drive-in, so there's that. I guess there's something to be said about being kind and having patience for others. I wouldn't necessarily brave covid to go see this movie, but if you are near a drive-in like me or stream it or whatever, it's at least a new movie and I'd say it was a decent enough watch.

6. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Project Power with Jamie Foxx. It was good. The plot wasn't original and the acting didn't stand out but it was a good watch. I'd recommend it. I had low expectations but it met above them.

7. Kitty

Casper (1995): This movie hits differently when you're grown. It's deeper and sadder than I remember it being when I watched it so many times as a kid. The movie seemed shorter than I remembered, with not as much time for character development, and it does that thing a lot of movies in the 90s did where they rip off Aladdin by throwing in a bunch of pop culture references for no real reason, but they don't do it as well as Robin Williams did so it's sort of lame. Aside from that, still a good film.

Hocus Pocus: Another nostalgia trip with this one. It also seemed shorter than I remember it, I guess because movies have been getting longer and longer ever since the Lord of the Rings films came out (or at least it seems that way). The film still holds up pretty well though. I've been wanting to get into the fall/Halloween spirit, and this double feature was perfect for that.